PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Chad Jackson Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/otherNFL/view.bg?articleid=180405

His old coach insists that CJ will make it.

‘‘As a 10th grader he was a great player for us,and he went in the tank a little bit like any 10th grader would,’’ Propst said yesterday. ‘‘We had a great football team,won a state championship,but he had to be nurtured along even then. ‘And then,first thing at (the University of) Florida,same situation. Smart kid,but I do think he struggles at times when you move him around. It takes some time for him to get it done."

This shouldn't have been a problem. If jerk off Branch had stayed, Jackson wouldn't have been needed much for this year. Caldwell replaces Givens. We still have Branch. 2007, Jackson replaces Branch. Except . . .

CJ caught 3 TD....That's right three. He gave similar production as our TE in the 3rd round, David Thomas. CJ will give more production in '07. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Vrabel can catch TD passes too.

I'll bet that NE expected a whole lot more out of Bethel Jackson then they got this season. He is a total bust so far. Theres no way to sugar coat it. Its rumored that he has difficulty learning the playbook.

Freakin Kelvin Kight saw more snaps than BJ in the Jacksonville game.

Vrabel can catch TD passes too.

I'll bet that NE expected a whole lot more out of Bethel Jackson then they got this season. He is a total bust so far. Theres no way to sugar coat it. Its rumored that he has difficulty learning the playbook.

Freakin Kelvin Kight saw more snaps than BJ in the Jacksonville game.

I think we give him a year to mature and figure it all out. His presence at off season workouts, maturity, participation at spring camp and MOST important, getting and staying healthy all will go along way toward knowing if he is going to be a player or not.

Lots of talent there and as his previous record and coaches indicate - it takes time for him, always has in the past. That leaves us all with hope.

BB has said he is a good kid and working hard, so that also bodes well.

I think we give him a year to mature and figure it all out. His presence at off season workouts, maturity, participation at spring camp and MOST important, getting and staying healthy all will go along way toward knowing if he is going to be a player or not.

Lots of talent there and as his previous record and coaches indicate - it takes time for him, always has in the past. That leaves us all with hope.

BB has said he is a good kid and working hard, so that also bodes well.

Oh sure.

I dont mean pull the plug. He at least gets another year. Epectations will be high for him though. Still, I want NE to go out and get a FA WR or two. Dennis Northcutt might be good for NE and I keep toying with the idea of Randy Moss on the team. Moss's attitude scares me though.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/otherNFL/view.bg?articleid=180405

His old coach insists that CJ will make it.

‘‘As a 10th grader he was a great player for us,and he went in the tank a little bit like any 10th grader would,’’ Propst said yesterday. ‘‘We had a great football team,won a state championship,but he had to be nurtured along even then. ‘And then,first thing at (the University of) Florida,same situation. Smart kid,but I do think he struggles at times when you move him around. It takes some time for him to get it done."
wow.

I wish that story was actually interesting like you had promised.

wow.

I wish that story was actually interesting like you had promised.

Well I had hoped you changed and grew up a bit. Guess not. Back to ignore.

Well I had hoped you changed and grew up a bit. Guess not. Back to ignore.

not my fault your story sucked.

all of a sudden you're a nice guy right?

i think everyone should feel bad for you now.

Patriots Football Weekly's Tom Casale had these things to say about Jackson...

from 4/24/2006
3. Chad Jackson, Florida – A polished receiver with great speed and good hands. Ranking him third is no slight on Jackson; I just really love Holmes and Williams. Very quick out of his breaks. Isn’t afraid to go over the middle. Very elusive and has that extra gear in the open-field. Doesn’t make as many big plays for a player with his speed. Catches the ball with his hands and rarely drops a pass. Has all the tools to be a very good pro receiver but isn’t as fast on the football field as he is on a track.

from 1/30/2007
I’m not ready to close the book on Jackson quite yet but he better show something early on next year. The problem I have with Jackson is that he couldn’t even get on the field. Stop with all the hamstring nonsense too. He hurt his hamstring in August. If his hamstring takes that long to recover then he’s going to re-injure it again because it's the weakest hamstring of all-time. The Patriots were in a shootout against the Colts and they didn’t go to Jackson once. Not a fly route, nothing. I will wait until next year before I get on Jackson too much but other than one nice catch against the Jets in Week 2, he didn’t show anything that suggests we should have high hopes for him in 2007. He’s not Bethel Johnson yet, although he needs to step up his game next season or his stay in New England could be a short one.
-Tom Casale

Tom Casale is a narcissistic, sensitive, lunatic D-Bag who signed up on this message board under multiple accounts in order to bash Chad Jackson in order to "anonymously" validate his stupid diatribe on his stupid show.

I wouldn't be quoting him regarding ANYTHING, let alone Chad Jackson.

Last edited:
not my fault your story sucked.

all of a sudden you're a nice guy right?

i think everyone should feel bad for you now.

Actually, many pity those conversant in Keegsiology.

By the way everyones calling chad jackson a bust, I guess you could say that warren was a bust after his rookie year as well.

I think the kid needs some time. He's going from a go deep and catch the ball offense to one that requires short, quick, precise routes. And obviously, many of the people on this board don't understand that hamstring and groin injuries linger.

Bethel Jackson will be a great player for us. Thanks for the link.

Bethel Jackson will be a great player for us. Thanks for the link.

I just want to go on record saying that you and anyone else who refers to him as Bethel Jackson is a dork and or tool. That's all.

Tom Casale is a narcissistic, sensitive, lunatic D-Bag who signed up on this message board under multiple accounts in order to bash Chad Jackson in order to "anonymously" validate his stupid diatribe on his stupid show.

I wouldn't be quoting him regarding ANYTHING, let alone Chad Jackson.
Wow. That is quite an accusation. And how could you possibly know this?

Mock not...there is light in there.

Excuse me??

Are you upset because I posted the truth about Bethel Jackson? Nobody wants to admit that he was a poor choice. NE needed him the most this season.

Wow. That is quite an accusation. And how could you possibly know this?

Were you not around that day/week?! The Tom Casale attacks patsfans.com week? The dude is so nuts he called out this entire forum on his show.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back