PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Chad Jackson Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me??

Are you upset because I posted the truth about Bethel Jackson? Nobody wants to admit that he was a poor choice. NE needed him the most this season.

The real sting is that they expended a 2nd AND 3rd round pick on the guy. I saw his picture on a milk carton last week.

I really don't get why so many Patriots fans want to label Chad Jackson a bust already. Everyone knows that you have to wait at least a couple seasons before evaluating draft choices.

This is even more true for WRs, since rookie WRs rarely do much in the NFL. It seems to be the toughest position to make the transition at, because they must run their routes so much more precisely and must learn how to read and react to defenses at the line of scrimmage (something they are almost never asked to do in college).

So lets give Chad at least one full off-season to get comfortable with the pro game and the system before we declare him a bust. I, for one, am still holding out hope that he will develop in to a 70+ catches per year guy.

Jerry Rice only had 49 receptions and 3 TD's as a rookie. The Pats must excercise patience with Jackson.

Excuse me??

Are you upset because I posted the truth about Bethel Jackson? Nobody wants to admit that he was a poor choice. NE needed him the most this season.

So you're saying after losing both starters we need to spend all of our time on a rookie that didn't play in camp instead of trying to get 2 veteran NFL receivers on the same page as Brady so we can make a playoff run.

I guess Belichick disagrees with you.

This isn't the Arizona Cardinals.

So you're saying after losing both starters we need to spend all of our time on a rookie that didn't play in camp instead of trying to get 2 veteran NFL receivers on the same page as Brady so we can make a playoff run.

The Arizona Cardinals are not the best example when it comes to poor wide receiver play.

Excuse me??

More like they needed him the first three games. When Gabriel hadnt started playing good and Caldwell wasnt doing a whole lot. We didnt need him to win for most of the season and get all the way to the AFC Title game.

I guess I wasn't. What happened?

My understanding of it is that it went something like this - Casale bashed CJ on his show yet said he couldn't "go into the details", shmessy called into question Casale's boorish tactics, Casale went back and called us patsnerds.com or something of that sort, yet also came onto the board and "anonymously" defended himself from multiple accounts. That makes him a little pathetic, IMO.

The real sting is that they expended a 2nd AND 3rd round pick on the guy. I saw his picture on a milk carton last week.

Yes, they moved up to get him. Just like Graham.

Beth was rated among the best, if not the best WR in that draft.

More like they needed him the first three games. When Gabriel hadnt started playing good and Caldwell wasnt doing a whole lot. We didnt need him to win for most of the season and get all the way to the AFC Title game.

NE needed him all season. When your bring in Kight and Gaffney mid season you have issues with WR options.

Are you saying that NE spent a day 1 pick so this guy could red shirt in 06?

This aint college ball.

The exact same thing happened with Ty Warren. Some positions are difficult to learn, and Belichick would rather 'red shirt' a guy than put him out there and make a possible mistake. People here were blasting Warren for a few years, and then what happened? He is now one of the most dominant lineman in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back