PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting BB nuggets from Rapoport

Okay. But by the third round offense had to be a priority. A stud RT was there for the taking. But BB went more toys for his sons with the obscure hybrid guy out of a place no one’s heard about before. Oh, makes him look like a genius— in his own eyes.

Remember RT that was a disaster last year with Wynn and Marcus Cannon? Until a Jets PS guy came in and brought the play up, way up, to mediocre?
Interesting.

So the selection of Mapu was just for ego gratification for BB.

I was thinking it was because BB thought it would make the Pats better.

...But the question becomes, if Kraft wants to take away personnel responsibilities from Bill, does he trust the guys running the pro and college personnel departments to make better decisions or does he need to replace them with a new GM?

Oh **** No, BOTH Al Groh's kid AND Steve Cargrille have to Go too... And ALL of the lower-level members of Billy's F & Fs Plan will be interviewing for their jobs with the New GM...

In 2022 the Rams didn’t have either a 1st or 2nd round pick. Their first pick came in the 3rd round, they took a guard. In 2023 the Rams did t have a 1st round pick. Their first pick came in the 2nd round, they took a guard. Clearly they don’t think taking a guard is a waste of draft capital.

When he's worth it.

new-england-patriots-2018-super-bowl-banner-joann-vitali.jpg

"25 years" amirite? :rofl:

That was Then. This is Now.

And as of Now, Anyone with this resume over the past 4-1/2 years would be Fired, and deservedly so.

In what world did ignoring the hole at R tackle in order to take a purely developmental player like Mapu help the team?
Argue about the pick if you like, that is fair.

How is any fair person going to conclude that it was all about ego gratification?

Do you have some insight that the rest of us don’t?

Imagination and projection do not count.

Argue about the pick if you like, that is fair.

How is any fair person going to conclude that it was all about ego gratification?

Do you have some insight that the rest of us don’t?

Imagination and projection do not count.
I’m not the one who suggested that and don’t think it is true in that sense. I don’t know what BB thought it was the better decision for the team. Obviously not however. Maybe Bill thought Klein would come in and coach everyone up in the o-line like Dante used to. But those days have been gone since Dante retired.

I’m not the one who suggested that and don’t think it is true in that sense. I don’t know what BB thought it was the better decision for the team. Obviously not however. Maybe Bill thought Klein would come in and coach everyone up in the o-line like Dante used to. But those days have been gone since Dante retired.
I don’t think it was your post that my post was in response to, that had suggested that a pick was for BB’s gratification,

I just don’t like seeing people equate motives and attitudes as arrogance, ego gratification, etc, that are pure speculation.

There is plenty to discuss apart from that, such as the picks themselves, were they good or bad, hires, etc.

Okay. But by the third round offense had to be a priority. A stud RT was there for the taking. But BB went more toys for his sons with the obscure hybrid guy out of a place no one’s heard about before. Oh, makes him look like a genius— in his own eyes.

The Mapu pick seems genius when considering Bill goes K in the 4th round.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back