PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

inteference call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if that wouldn't have been called we still may have scored.

Bronco Freak said:
:eek:

anyway, lelie couldnt cut toward the ball because he had great position.

why did he veer left into lelie, he forced the refs hand.

I didnt see Lelie pull him into him...lmao!!!!

Oh, damn, I just saw Lelie use his right hand and pull Samuel's shoulder pad and pull him into him.

Terrible call.

I take back everything I said about it.

But who's to say we dont score anyway, that was on 2nd down.

Still a bad call. I'd be pissed too.

At least you admit it. The refs really are blind out there...I guess the Jets really do want Mangini to be their next head coach. The must have paid the refs a kings ransom.

Last edited:
LiquidBlue said:
Even if that wouldn't have been called we still may have scored.

Yah, but, you actually scored twice within the last 90 seconds. Even if you score a TD there, you only go into halftime up 10-3.

Doesn't really matter, no team is going to win giving up the ball 5 times. Quite frankly, all teams get the breaks in calls now and them. This call? It was hardly game deciding, your team had plenty of time to come back and win.

The "tuck rule" was a golden goose and you know it. You were gifted with a SB trip with that call. It's amazing how "fair" that call was.. which basically won you the game.. and a PI call where two players were bumping into one antoher completely made the Pats lose. Heh.

I guess perhaps if it was against the Broncos, maybe I'd be the same way, I dunno. Homerism is kind of blind to the obvious. ;)

uh....for six steps before that the Denver receiver had Samuel by his jersey, pushed him in his back and pulled him with his left hand...if anything, that's a no call and I'd tell Samuel to play the exact same way again

Bronco Freak said:
He cut off the path of the reciever to the ball when he veered to his left, and used his left arm to push Lelie in his hip.

Congrats on winning the game, but don't try to defend that call. Samuel owned the space he was in. Lelie initiated contact and had his arm on Samuel's shoulder.

Bronco Freak said:
He cut off the path of the reciever to the ball when he veered to his left, and used his left arm to push Lelie in his hip.

If you do that on a deep in, and cut off the path of a reciever going over the middle for a ball, its an automatic call.

When he veered left, imo, he forced the refs hand.
LOL, what play were you watching, Mr Revisionist? Assante was looking UP at the ball and went to run under it, which is the right way to play it. At that point, it's incidental contact, both players have a right to the ball, but then the receiver reacted by pushing him back.

Clearly offensive interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye