PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Instant Replay Calls in Denver Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given perhaps the most controversial reversal this season (the Jets' touchdown -> fumble out of bounds) went in the Pats' favor, it's hard to think of all this as some anti-Patriots Goodell-inspired conspiracy.

Have you just started watching NFL football?

You link is 2 hours and starts at opening kickoff.

Right, I made a reference to go to the 12:26 mark (though it was buried in a paragraph and perhaps not clear).

I suppose if you were ever going to rewatch a full game though this one wouldn't be a bad option.

Okay, I'm gonna say it again, because I was "talking loudly" to the TV when it happened and no one seems to be commenting on it. But at 1:45 to go in the 1st quarter, 3 and 1 from around the 23 yard line, Brady sneaks up the middle and the announcers are looking at his knee and that they play would end when his knee comes down. But the play would only end if he was touched too, I just re-watched it two more times and I can't see a Denver player touch him. Anyone see that too?

Agree 100% on the Brady sneak. There was no question that he was not touched and I was calling for the red flag at the time. They ended up getting it on 4th down anyways but that call could have been big if they had been stuffed. The announcers completely missed the fact he was untouched.

Okay, I'm gonna say it again, because I was "talking loudly" to the TV when it happened and no one seems to be commenting on it. But at 1:45 to go in the 1st quarter, 3 and 1 from around the 23 yard line, Brady sneaks up the middle and the announcers are looking at his knee and that they play would end when his knee comes down. But the play would only end if he was touched too, I just re-watched it two more times and I can't see a Denver player touch him. Anyone see that too?
I saw it. I re-watched the game on my DVR and paid particular attention to that play. You & DaBruins & others are correct: Brady was never touched by a Donkeys defender until he clearly passed the line to gain on his belly, assisted by Develin. Collinsworth didn't notice it, as he often times does because he's too busy listening to the sound of his own voice.

As for the Gronk catch, while there might not have been one camera that tracked the catch in its entirety, there were enough cameras showing it to create a montage of the process, and nowhere during that process does the ball touch the ground anywhere. Walt Coleman didn't get this one correct, but I still forgive him.

Last edited:
I thought it was more of a collaborative effort, but I might be wrong.

I thought it was more of a collaborative effort, but I might be wrong.
NFL Central has all the authority on reviews. It's up to them on how much they want to ask the ref things. And in any event, NFL Central makes the final, binding call, no matter how much the ref may disagree with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes