PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Inside the head of Devin McCourtry

Status
Not open for further replies.

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This is a very good article from the Twitter section that shouldn't be missed. What I liked was it got into what a probowl caliber 30 year old vet thinks about to make his game better every year. Plus some examples of how leadership and "passing it on" plays a role in the Pats success. Enjoy

Devin McCourty still learning what he can give to Patriots

That's a great article.

DMAC was very enlightening to read. For a guy who knows as much about this D as anyone, he still acknowledges that he can learn and evolve even more.

It pains me to see fans here and elsewhere diss this guy as not being very good when he's as dependable and consistent a FS that you can find in the league. His area of the field is always well accounted for. That's all you can ask. The INTs and all make a difference, certainly, and I'd love to see this D as a whole get more takeaways, but having the field patrolled is really half the battle.

Best part of this article to me was Dmac got a pick and the first thing he does is tell the rookie TE why he was able to pick it off and how to run it better then takes pride in watching him run it "10 Times better" next time. Leadership at its highest in a single story.

If this post was entitled...

Inside the head of oldrover

giphy.gif

Last edited:
DMAC was very enlightening to read. For a guy who knows as much about this D as anyone, he still acknowledges that he can learn and evolve even more.

It pains me to see fans here and elsewhere diss this guy as not being very good when he's as dependable and consistent a FS that you can find in the league. His area of the field is always well accounted for. That's all you can ask. The INTs and all make a difference, certainly, and I'd love to see this D as a whole get more takeaways, but having the field patrolled is really half the battle.
My inclination is to believe that most people, here or elsewhere, who minimize McCourty's abilities and contributions to the team's success either have an agenda or don't really know much about football. Or, both...

Yes in general, although the article makes it clear that his duties go far beyond his area of the field. In fact, that's the primary point of the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back