PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Injury Report Questions

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Hey guys. I was just on NFL.com and they had an "injury report" page... and Brady's not on it :D

As I recall, it was a sort of a running joke in NE that he was always on the injury report (attributed to "shoulder.") Did this change when the format changed? I.e., you would have to miss a practice to be on the injury report or something?

Or did he still have the "shoulder injury" all the way through his time in NE?

I think if they had a sense of humor in Tampa, they would list him as "chips on shoulder"... you know, like maybe they meant bone chips... but then again, as I recall, the whole injury reporting regime changed (relatively) recently... like, last 10 years.

So does anybody know whether "Tom Brady (shoulder)" dropped off the NE reports before TFB left for TB?

To complicate matters, toward the end he actually did have injuries sometimes... eh who knows. I look forward to another installment of the world class football education I count on you guys for.

At some point in the semi-recent past, the "probable" designation was removed because of stuff like Tom Brady's shoulder. The Patriots have since moved on to using "questionable" in the exact same way, which I think is great.

Tompa is now within a Hail Mary of the original Fountain of Youth and therefore heals upon impact

1611441896214.png1611441920229.png

Hey guys. I was just on NFL.com and they had an "injury report" page... and Brady's not on it :D

As I recall, it was a sort of a running joke in NE that he was always on the injury report (attributed to "shoulder.") Did this change when the format changed? I.e., you would have to miss a practice to be on the injury report or something?

Or did he still have the "shoulder injury" all the way through his time in NE?

I think if they had a sense of humor in Tampa, they would list him as "chips on shoulder"... you know, like maybe they meant bone chips... but then again, as I recall, the whole injury reporting regime changed (relatively) recently... like, last 10 years.

So does anybody know whether "Tom Brady (shoulder)" dropped off the NE reports before TFB left for TB?

To complicate matters, toward the end he actually did have injuries sometimes... eh who knows. I look forward to another installment of the world class football education I count on you guys for.
"Chips on shoulder" classic!

The Curious Case of Benjamin Brady
I've especially been enjoying the wave of retirements and rumors of retirements of guys like Brees and Roethlisberger, who came into the league a little later, and became the new hope among Guys Not Named Tom Brady. I mean, with Brees, it's bitter-sweet. Just like you wanted to see the Pats beat a team at its best, you wanted Brees to play as well as possible as long as possible, so when you write the little narratives, you know it's apples and apples... with Big Ben, meh, not that much to obsess over.

But the end of his career has this whole "Old guy boffin' his way through the nursing home, reading the obits, getting the slightest demented grin to his face, then running downstairs for his avacado ice cream" vibe.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back