PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Injuries and Hyperbaric Chambers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danger Zone

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score

I remember how incredible Owens was coming back off his injury. At the time, he was saying things like he sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber.

An ESPN link, but it talks about Owens remarkable recovery --> Clayton: Simply amazing

I imagine the players that believe in this just do it and we don't hear much about it, but still it's very interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: TBR
Interesting. Thx

So, i just wondered if there are any safety features for someone sleeping in it when the power goes out? :eek:

Interesting. Thx

So, i just wondered if there are any safety features for someone sleeping in it when the power goes out? :eek:

It has a non electric based built in removal system.....

Radiation patient lose vascularity ( blood vessels) in the affected area and as a result have a much greater risk of infection and delayed healing. Those that have had radiation above a certain level for head and neck cancer have to undergo about 30 hours of hyperbaric chamber before any surgery in that area ( think dental extractions). It isn't 30 hours straight but often 20 to 30 sessions. It prevents Osteo Radio Necrosis (ORN) which can be as debilitating as the cancer treatment....

Many years ago, I had a customer who worked for a major NYC bank.....and this guy was certifiable. Speaking with him was like talking to Elmer Fudd. His co workers proclaimed he was a math savant but to me he seemed more like Simple Jack. He was the oddest human I ever encountered. He exchanged his paychecks for bars of gold and buried them in his Mom's back yard. He wore a raincoat if it was 90 out or minus 15. ......and he slept in a hyperbaric chamber he had installed in his apartment.
Talk about sending mixed messages. He worked for the biggest bank in the world but hoarded precious metal instead of money.......and he wanted to live forever....and that's what he would tell people when asked about his chamber. Back then, hyperbaric chambers were the toys of the rich looking for the fountain of youth. Today, its all about speeding the flow of oxygen through the blood which potentially accelerates the healing process. I believe these chambers are now an integral piece of equipment for many sports team.
IMG has their own on campus Sports - The Hyperbaric Therapy Center
Steve Weatherford explains why NFL players often sleep in hyperbaric chambers
The Hyperbaric Therapy Center
Cryotherapy is the newest rage in sports medicine

Whatever happens just be sure to keep Zolak away from the Hyperbolic Chamber on game day.

Are there any downsides to all that oxygen rushing to the brain? Oh, you said Terrell Owens, right? Never mind.

Hard to "knock off a piece" in a hyperbaric chamber.. the idea would creep out most women.

I know this post is a bit of a tangent but someone may find it interesting. If you are interested in life extension technology you might want to hit up LongeCity Forums

So much of this is happening right in the Boston area. There are all ready pills out to reverse and stall aging based on this from Harvard Medical School A New, Reversible, Cause of Aging | HMS

They are not listed for that as the testing on humans would take decades vs two years for mice. I have heard that a player who is ageing quite well is using this.

There is DNA editing and the Chinese have already engaged in germline gene therapy in fetuses

Human evolution will soon be accelerated and directed. Changes made in germline gene therapy are passed down. People will be changed to double muscle, double intelligence while immune from many common ailments. The problem is this will cost money and there will be a two class system of those who can engineer their decedents and those that cannot.

This is the next big thing and will make the internet economic expansion look like the hula-hoop and Frisbee.

Last edited:
Many years ago, I had a customer who worked for a major NYC bank.....and this guy was certifiable. Speaking with him was like talking to Elmer Fudd. His co workers proclaimed he was a math savant but to me he seemed more like Simple Jack. He was the oddest human I ever encountered. He exchanged his paychecks for bars of gold and buried them in his Mom's back yard. He wore a raincoat if it was 90 out or minus 15. ......and he slept in a hyperbaric chamber he had installed in his apartment.
Talk about sending mixed messages. He worked for the biggest bank in the world but hoarded precious metal instead of money.......and he wanted to live forever....and that's what he would tell people when asked about his chamber. Back then, hyperbaric chambers were the toys of the rich looking for the fountain of youth. Today, its all about speeding the flow of oxygen through the blood which potentially accelerates the healing process. I believe these chambers are now an integral piece of equipment for many sports team.
IMG has their own on campus Sports - The Hyperbaric Therapy Center
Steve Weatherford explains why NFL players often sleep in hyperbaric chambers
The Hyperbaric Therapy Center
Cryotherapy is the newest rage in sports medicine
Where does his mom live? Asking for a friend.
shovel.jpg

I have always questioned the hypocrisy of allowing healing aids like these chambers, and refusing allow HGH to be used in doctor supervised injury recovery programs. HGH has legitimate healing qualities. Under doctors supervision any of the extra :"strength building" can be avoided. The fact that players can't use HGH in recovery programs in the off season is even more ridiculous.

This is almost as stupid as the rule you can't use stickum on your hands to help you catch the ball, but you can use gloves that are like velcro. Or it's alright to film signals from here, but not there (I think we are all familiar with THAT prime example of NFL hypocrisy)

Make them report using it before hand through their doctor, and then make them take a blood test making sure they are clean before they are allowed to go back to practice with their teams. How is it different from any of a dozen other therapies that use drugs, liniments, supliments, and assorted machines to stimulate circulation to help heal players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back