PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Inept coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see that recent Yahoo list of top 10 teams this decade? Filled with teams that didn't even win a championship.

Right now the best this team can be are an explosive scoring team that will never win the ring... there are hundreds of teams like this in history.

Pees and O'Brien have been in way over their head all season long. The comical act we are now seeing is simply a manifestation of that futility.

Not sure there is any point in making a change this late in the season but you can bet that neither guy will be around calling plays for the Pats next year.
Belichick doesn't change coaches that often so I'm not sure your latter point is right. Although this season is such a cluster f*ck of a disaster it might be what it takes for Bill to make changes.

This team used to be absolutely incredible at protecting the lead and milking the clock with runs and short passes. A 14 pt lead was a gimme. There were games where drives would take 7 to 8 minutes. Teams were forced to take risky plays to get back in the game and the D was alway opportunistic in creating turnovers. Where have those days gone? The team seems to forget that they have a RB. Faulk is not being used as much as he used to. The TE is completely taken out of the offensive scheme. Something has got to give.

I'm not nearly as optimistic about your last point. I think that's the problem with success. It can cause complacency. I think BB believes he can win with these two clods, and thus, they will be right back f'ng things up next year.
SP, hopefully BB still values SB wins as his defn of success and is wise enough to realize that he hasn't had any of it this last 1/2 decade.

Re: Inept Coaching.

As old school favre today. The bad picks and the lucky touchdown. That aiken td had no business even being a pass

Yep, Tommy has become a poor QB making stupid decisions, when Moss first got here he was able to just chuck it up there and let Randy come down with it (Randy doesn't even try hard anymore for those and usually LOSES that battle now, but I digress), and he has gotten LAZY with that crap.....

Tom isn't playing like a great QB anymore, I don't care what his fantasy stats look like, he makes AWFUL decisions and forces the ball, and that has ZERO to do with his leg.
ZERO

This team used to be absolutely incredible at protecting the lead and milking the clock with runs and short passes. A 14 pt lead was a gimme. There were games where drives would take 7 to 8 minutes. Teams were forced to take risky plays to get back in the game and the D was alway opportunistic in creating turnovers. Where have those days gone? The team seems to forget that they have a RB. Faulk is not being used as much as he used to. The TE is completely taken out of the offensive scheme. Something has got to give.

This league is all about coaching.

Clearly, this team's coaching is at the 7-5 level. Even with all the weapons on this team on both sides, this team is 7-5 and it reflects the coaching.

Aside from debacles like the Tennessee game, I'd just like to know why every QB they face looks like the second coming of Sammy Baugh!?!

What passes for a pass rush on this team is an abomination. When was the last time you saw them employ more than 2 stunts in a game?

Wilhite continues to embarrass both himself and the team without apparently trying. I'd say he should be hoping that college degree he got is worth something.

Given what has transpired this year, I cannot see Pees continuing in the role he has now. I know BB is nothing if not loyal to his coaches, but week after week, as the game deteriorates and slips away in the 2nd half, you have to wonder just what it is they are doing upstairs. They can't possibly be watching the same game we are....

Last edited:

Crennel and Weiss had something like 20+ years of NFL experience before becoming coordinators.

Pees came straight from college. O'Brien came straight from college. Neither did diddly while even in college, and yet they were given the keys to major units in the NFL.

These coordinators did not pay their due like others have done... and it shows.

It's not the coaching. It's the lack of execution. the offensive line has been beat up. We have no sustainable runing game. No pressure on opposing QBs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back