PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Impressed by Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpelton

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Great performance by Newton in week 1. He was in control, made a lot of good throws, and used both his feet and his brain very well. We were in complete control of the clock all game and Miami never had a chance. Really the game looked closer than it was, Cam's offense was dominant

Last edited:
He was great. I’m just concerned if he can survive the season injury free while getting tackled so much.
There are many things to look forward to :
(1) can Cam do this and stay healthy ?
(2) is the heavy running due to « still learning the playbook » ?
(3) will the next few teams be able to contain Cam after watching a few games of film ?
(4) are we gonna be seeing major new wrinkles ?

It’s crazy to think; all these years, AFC Least teams have (unsuccessfully) attempted to build teams to counter/beat a Brady-led offense (interior pressure, cover LBs, man-cover CBs etc..) only to have to deal with a brand new offensive headache (a Newton-led ZR, Power, Motion, RPO etc..offense.) That’s gotta suck..

Last edited:
He looked good

Looked better than I could have imagined tbh. Fun to watch.

That was fun. Cam looked sharp. Definitely a different look from past years. But it was the Fish. The Fish Hawks should be a good test next weeks.

Most rushing yards by a Pats QB. Didn't realize he broke Cassel's record. Thought it would have been Grogan's.

He played well today. It’s only going to get tougher. I’m pulling for him but we need to get our passing game going.

Did he hurt his hamstring, he seemed hurt at the end of the game.

I think Grogan does have the record

Grogan had 103 yds. in a game in 1976, I think. Cam set the rushing game record for QB during BB's tenure here.

Like I said in my thread about Cam.....when I watched highlight reels always saw him showboating and thought he was such a ME guy........I, like many people reacted that when we signed him....wasn’t psyched....however after hearing about all the things he has done in camp and how positive and energized he is AT ALL TIMES....and how HARD he has worked....and with all BB praise....I am pulling HARD for Cam Newton....And watching him grind out yards and take shot after shot ....how can u not pull for him?! Go Cam!!!

Cam was excellent. 80% passing and 75 rushing yards with 2 TDs. Carolina-MVP Cam is back and now with Belichick's new RPO offense. This is NOTHING like the crappy Tebow offense. Cam could be as good as Lamar this year. Cam is a warrior with a huge heart. I am concerned with how many hits Cam took however; have to watch his health and limit his hits. Learn how to audible to a quick slant off an obvious blitz.

Cam was excellent. 80% passing and 75 rushing yards with 2 TDs. Carolina-MVP Cam is back and now with Belichick's new RPO offense. This is NOTHING like the crappy Tebow offense. Cam could be as good as Lamar this year. Cam is a warrior with a huge heart. I am concerned with how many hits Cam took however; have to watch his health and limit his hits. Learn how to audible to a quick slant off an obvious blitz.

The Pats can’t run BAL’s offense last year imo. Don’t have the tight ends they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down