PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm hearing rumors on Indy message boards- Peyton to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, I highly doubt they put him on IR, their season is over without him, so why bother. He needs to get healthy, how far back they are when that finally happens will decide wether or not he plays this year.

This is the credited response.

I'm surprised at the Manning hate. It made sense to me when he was hyped but choking in the playoffs, but the last 5 years or so they've given as good as they've gotten from us and I've moved from hating Manning to respecting him as a worthy opponent.

All my hate is for the Jets.

I don't hate Manning either. Lots of folks toss that word around, but real hatred is something you really don't want to descend to. It's not a pretty place.

Having said that, I respect him as a player, for his skills and abilities. I will say that, having never met him and only from listening to some of his responses, he comes across as a a jerk, and not a very nice person. But that's only from listening to his comments. He doesn't take criticism well, and tends to deflect blame onto others wherever possible. I hope he recovers and his career ends at a time of his choosing, and not his doctor's choosing.

He does, however, have some funny commercials. :D

As to the JETS, I really & truly despise them.

I always find listening to news about Peyton Manning to be a pain the neck.

I'm surprised at the Manning hate. It made sense to me when he was hyped but choking in the playoffs, but the last 5 years or so they've given as good as they've gotten from us and I've moved from hating Manning to respecting him as a worthy opponent.

All my hate is for the Jets.

I don't hate Manning either....I respect his play quite a bit actually.

I hate the way the sports media deify's him, and slants the way he's covered. It's my only beef with him and it's not his fault.

But he gets MVP's virtually handed to him, excuses made for his occasional poor play, and completely absolved of any criticism when he throws team mates under a bus, or leaves the field without congratulating the winning Superbowl team........Something a certain player that we root for was roasted over.

All this stuff helps slant the perception of his legacy to the most casual fans. A little petty, I know, but that my beef..

I don't hate Manning either. Lots of folks toss that word around, but real hatred is something you really don't want to descend to. It's not a pretty place.

Sports hate is different than "I'm going to bury my wife in the back yard hate". At least usually. Exceptions made for certain Dodger fans and anyone who follows that other football over in Europe.

But I don't worry that my visceral dislike for the Sanchize is going to lead me down an ugly path. Yet.

My boss lives in Indy, huge Colts homer. Just said this to me

"which is why it will become very clear that Manning has been the MVP once you see them without him"

I think I want to puke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back