PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm Finally Convinced: This is Brady's Last Year in New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The grind of NFL football married with endless grief surrounding this team would have destroyed another man years ago."

He only has to deal with the first.

It's the Little Lord Fauntroys here who expect perfection every year have to deal with the second.

I think he loves the grind and hates the drama. This board freaks out when the usual drama things happen to this team such as AB, fines, suspensions, unusual drafting, etc. IMO it effect the players as well...and dealing with it as a player for 20 years is tough.

We don't need a plan for rebuilding the offense but the whole team. An offensive rebuild is going to take a number of years and a couple tries at drafting a quarterback. In that time, the defense will age with players like Hightower, the McCourty twins, and Collins retiring or moving on in free agency (or us overpaying for fading talent). With the focus on offense in the draft, the defense will also suffer a downturn in new talent compared to the offense.

It is nearly impossible in this league to focus on rebuilding one aspect of a roster. Rather, you hit a good run of drafts and build a solid roster as a whole that catapults you to the Super Bowl.

I would rather groom a head coach through the defensive coaching tree since that is Belichick's specialization. If he can impart 80% of his knowledge to his son or Mayo, we can continue to be a force in the future.

I'm interested to hear why you're so worried about Brady when he isn't what's going to make or break this team in the next few seasons. I hope we can keep him and make it work; but to focus so much on Brady would be putting a player about the needs of the team. And that isn't the Patriot Way that has been winning Super Bowls.
Your first sentence tells the story. Not only do the Patriots have gaping holes
in the offensive line, wide receiver, and tight end: hey also have the following
players whose contracts expire in March 2020: Brady, Karras, Thuney, Collins, Roberts, VanNoy. Shelton, D. McCourty, Dorset, Bethel, Ebner, and Slater.
They stand to lose one of their draft picks, probably their #1? Plus, their available
cap money won't go far enough filling these positions.
Brady may settle for a ready made team where he doesn't have to duck for cover
each and every play.

I think he loves the grind and hates the drama. This board freaks out when the usual drama things happen to this team such as AB, fines, suspensions, unusual drafting, etc. IMO it effect the players as well...and dealing with it as a player for 20 years is tough.

He doesn't read this board.

"......They stand to lose one of their draft picks, probably their #1?....."

Somewhere, there is a shark looking around wondering "What the F just jumped over me?????"

He doesn't read this board.

Correct. I'm saying we here as fans freak out when the usual crap happens to the Pats...and it also effects players...even those who play for 20 years.

in the offensive line, wide receiver, and tight end: hey also have the following
players whose contracts expire in March 2020: Brady, Karras, Thuney, Collins, Roberts, VanNoy. Shelton, D. McCourty, Dorset, Bethel, Ebner, and Slater.
They stand to lose one of their draft picks, probably their #1? Plus, their available
each and every play.
The offseason should be interesting. I have faith BB will work things out.

Endless grief?

Are you high?

No, just paying Brady a compliment. I thought I saw a post of yours somewhere about stocking up on alcohol. Are you drunk?

No, just paying Brady a compliment. I thought I saw a post of yours somewhere about stocking up on alcohol. Are you drunk?
Nah no alcohol yet. Been pounding the peanut M&Ms though. I ran this am so I'm good w myself

Nah no alcohol yet. Been pounding the peanut M&Ms though. I ran this am so I'm good w myself

I just polished off a bag of the crispy variety. Regarding Brady I simply meant he does an admirable job tuning out all the noise, nothing more.

@robertweathers As a sidebar I have enjoyed your visits to Chiefsplanet :D

They are nuts over there...

Absolutely. Their board is a goldmine following an L. I’ve never seen that many unhinged people on one board. They are obsessed with consuming antifreeze.

Absolutely. Their board is a goldmine following an L. I’ve never seen that many unhinged people on one board. They are obsessed with consuming antifreeze.
And Whip Its

Brady discussed the Best Buddies commitment today, saying it's related to more family time in the summer:

From his WEEI interview Monday morning:

“The summer just ends up being a very busy time and my kids are getting older and we have so many different things taking us in different directions. I’m always going to support Best Buddies. Anthony (Shriver) knows that. I’m a huge advocate of what they do, so it’s just more of a timing thing than anything. I’m still going to be working with Best Buddies and it’s just passing the torch to the next generation that’s gotta carry it for a long time. People who do that type of work in the community, you have to be very, the tradition has to carry on. If you let it go by the wayside — certainly nobody’s going to do that — but Anthony, what he’s created with Best Buddies and the lives he’s transformed has been amazing. I was so lucky to be a part of it and I still will be part of it, just in a different way. Jayson Tatum and Jules will do a great job moving forward, so it’s nice to be able to pass the torch to them.”

Read more at: Tom Brady Explains Why He’s Stepping Down As Co-Chair Of Best Buddies

Yeah I think we may be seeing the last few games of Tom Brady in the NFL. The fact that he gave mixon his jersey after reading that mixon was too scared to ask him for one seals it for me. If he was playing beyond this year he just opened the flood gates of players asking him for a jersey. If he's playing the last few games of his career then it's no big deal, here have a jersey Joe.

The next three seasons and last 3 seasons

I strongly disagree with you. How well Brady plays for us is critical to our success. If Brady goes, then replacing his contributions will be very difficult.

We don't need a plan for rebuilding the offense but the whole team. An offensive rebuild is going to take a number of years and a couple tries at drafting a quarterback. In that time, the defense will age with players like Hightower, the McCourty twins, and Collins retiring or moving on in free agency (or us overpaying for fading talent). With the focus on offense in the draft, the defense will also suffer a downturn in new talent compared to the offense.

It is nearly impossible in this league to focus on rebuilding one aspect of a roster. Rather, you hit a good run of drafts and build a solid roster as a whole that catapults you to the Super Bowl.

I would rather groom a head coach through the defensive coaching tree since that is Belichick's specialization. If he can impart 80% of his knowledge to his son or Mayo, we can continue to be a force in the future.

I'm interested to hear why you're so worried about Brady when he isn't what's going to make or break this team in the next few seasons. I hope we can keep him and make it work; but to focus so much on Brady would be putting a player about the needs of the team. And that isn't the Patriot Way that has been winning Super Bowls.

Why is this offseason different from the rest. We've have had lots and lots of turnover every year. For those who only like recent history, we're been in the payoffs 11 years in a row. And, of course, we have all kinds of records and categories of excellence this century.

each and every play.

Yeah I think we may be seeing the last few games of Tom Brady in the NFL. The fact that he gave mixon his jersey after reading that mixon was too scared to ask him for one seals it for me. If he was playing beyond this year he just opened the flood gates of players asking him for a jersey. If he's playing the last few games of his career then it's no big deal, here have a jersey Joe.

i wasn’t sure he was done until I read this. Bottom line, you can’t play without a jersey. Take care Tom. We will miss you.

I don’t even want to think about losing Brady. :(:(:(:(:(

Hit me yesterday - might be the last time I see Brady in a Pat's uniform (in person). Was glad to get the opportunity. That stadium was 90% Patriots fans. It was louder on 3rd down for the Bengals every time (as in, the fans wanted to make it difficult for the Bengals). I think I heard 6 or 7 Brady chants that rumbled the stadium.

Ironically, every single one of the Brady chants was followed by him handing off the ball hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST