PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ILB Adam Seward [merged - old 2008 thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats to host ILB Adam Seward tomorrow

take a deep breath, maybe go out for a long walk, this is only offseason football, and ibelieve you are the one that started the insults , deep breath, relax, its only off season football, deep breath, relax, why dont you use all your vent up anger to start a adam seward fanclub
I guess you believe suggesting that you read up on the process is an insult... I guess you have not...your loss...Continue with the insults it shows who u are...

I guess you believe suggesting that you read up on the process is an insult... I guess you have not...your loss...Continue with the insults it shows who u are...
relax, take a deep breath, relax, take a deep breath, now repeat to yourself its off season football, take a deep breath , now relax, take a deep breath, relax, keep doing this and i think youll finally be alright

relax, take a deep breath, relax, take a deep breath, now repeat to yourself its off season football, take a deep breath , now relax, take a deep breath, relax, keep doing this and i think youll finally be alright
Keep showing what u are.,..Come on...keep it coming!!! Come on...kepp it coming...show ALL what u are...you'll be ALL better...you will show it all...

Last edited:

Keep showing what u are.,..Come on...keep it coming!!! Come on...kepp it coming...show ALL what u are...
you is not spelled as u and keep is not spelled kepp

you is not spelled as u and keep is not spelled kepp
Keep up the insults..keep them coming...

Keep up the insults..keep them coming...
i hope you have a nice day and a nice rest of the week:):)

if you look at their history the players they bring in for visits during the free agency peroid, if they pass their physical are at least offered a contract by the pats, i believe there is something that scared the pats, could of been physical, or he could of been a bust at the chalk board, usaully the pats have a in the ballpark number between the pats and the players agent on a contract, they wouldnt waste their time if they didnt,given all that , i think something happened and the pats opted not to go for him, just my opinion, based on the way the pats handle free agents in the past

Still might be an over exaggeration to say everyone has received an offer but at least now you qualify it with everyone who passes a physical.

I still have to believe that at least once in the past they have brought someone who was healthy in to talk to and got the impression they were not Patriot material or got the impression they wanted top dollar and didnt waste their or the players time. I really wish I could come up with something but it is kinda hard to prove a negative......

i hope you have a nice day and a nice rest of the week:):)

Both of you guys play nice.
If this thread gets locked, I will be totally pissed.

again name a few of the tons they have brought in during free agency march to may and have not offered a contract

How have you been able to acquire this knowledge and keep an exact tally?

I don't keep records of these things. I can't imagine even the team does.

I know the rules of restricted free agency, though. Had they not sweetened the pot to trade for Welker, he would have been resigned and they'd have lost him.

Also, who says he's the only linebacker they're looking at?

You're making an assertion you can't possibly know for a fact and saying it's true unless someone else has information they could not possibly know.

Good luck with that.

The fact of the matter is, the patriots can legally make an offer or not, for another 3 1/2 weeks. That's a fact.

I know the rules of restricted free agency, though. Had they not sweetened the pot to trade for Welker, he would have been resigned and they'd have lost him.

Also, who says he's the only linebacker they're looking at?

You're making an assertion you can't possibly know for a fact and saying it's true unless someone else has information they could not possibly know.

Good luck with that.

The fact of the matter is, the patriots can legally make an offer or not, for another 3 1/2 weeks. That's a fact.

Did we ask for facts? I thought opinion-bile was good enough.

I bet they do.

:D

Somewhere...on some hard drive...LOL

I bet they do.

:D

Somewhere...on some hard drive...LOL

I bet they don't. What reason would there be?

I imagine some players are given a physical right before they're signed, while some are given a physical so the team knows they can pass a physical, for future reference.

(This guy popped a pin out in his injured foot, maybe they're discussing that situation with medical staff. Possible chronic foot problems might = go slow approach)

Either way, it has no bearing on this case. There are undoubtedly other LBs they're looking at, they have until April 18 to make an offer and they have to offer a figure high enough so it won't be matched, or make a trade offer.

Seems to me plenty of reason to take their time.

Last edited:

I bet they don't. What reason would there be?

I imagine some players are given a physical right before they're signed, while some are given a physical so the team knows they can pass a physical, for future reference.

(This guy popped a pin out in his injured foot, maybe they're discussing that situation with medical staff. Possible chronic foot problems might = go slow approach)

Either way, it has no bearing on this case. There are undoubtedly other LBs they're looking at, they have until April 18 to make an offer and they have to offer a figure high enough so it won't be matched, or make a trade offer.

Seems to me plenty of reason to take their time.
ray clay you said "tons" im only asking you to come up with one, you cant, so you shouldnt make outlandish statements that arent true

ray clay you said "tons" im only asking you to come up with one, you cant, so you shouldnt make outlandish statements that arent true

Example, this year - Hank Poteat....brought "in" but they signed Fernado Bryan, et al.

Oh, take a grammar class. Second, take a logic course. Third, explain how you "know" so much, I need a laugh.

Example, this year - Hank Poteat....brought "in" but they signed Fernado Bryan, et al.

Oh, take a grammar class. Second, take a logic course. Third, explain how you "know" so much, I need a laugh.
they didnt bring hank poteate in for a visit, pro football talk rumor mill thought the pats were interested ,thats a far cry from a visit so you shouldnt make things up, please show me a link, you cant, your making things up to to disprove my theory, again please name me a player you cant

Last edited:

Whats Haggans' upside? Seward is 25, low cost and can also play Special teams.

From Mike Reiss...March 6....
Poteat a Possibility
The Patriots have had dialogue with free-agent cornerback Hank Poteat about the possibility of him signing with the club. At this point, nothing is imminent and no official visit has been scheduled. Poteat spent parts of 2004, 2005 and 2006 with the Patriots. He was with the Jets for most of 2006 and all of last season. The Patriots currently have Ellis Hobbs, Tim Mixon, Mike Richardson, Antwain Spann and Jason Webster under contract at cornerback. Also, 2007 first-round pick Brandon Meriweather is an option at corner, while Chad Scott, who is an unrestricted free agent, is a candidate to return.
They know all about him as he was with the team before, so I doubt there would be any reason to bring him in for a visit.

Why is this thread still active? Mods, close it. It's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST