PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ike Taylor is a moron

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care for his rankings, but he's absolutely unbearable on the NFL Network.

Anyway, the Pats' secondary is definitely no worse than number 4-5. I can see decent arguments for those 3-4 other teams ahead of them, but the Falcons, Jags and Vikings definitely aren't (the latter 2 being his 'honorable mentions' which would basically be #6 and 7).

Even for a football forum in the middle of the offseason, this seems like a really trivial and pointless thing to be upset about

Even for a football forum in the middle of the offseason, this seems like a really trivial and pointless thing to be upset about
Agree. That said, the title of this thread is always 100% correct.

Alternately titled, "Ike Taylor is Tom Brady's #2 *****, behind Troy Polamalu"

Difficult to be this upset this often, these folks need to justify their existence so they post unsubstantiated crap that means nothing in the real world..

There is not a lot of difference between #1 and #5, it is not as though he is claiming they are #26 or something.. do we somehow give Taylor credibility by clicking on the article???

I'm not getting that butt hurt. :rolleyes: Are you talking about my other thread about Gil Brandt saying Butler was one of the best CB's of all time? That's the only other thread I've made in this nature lately, and my opinion on that one was just calling him out on going next too far with Butler, if anything.

It's the off-season, what else do we have to talk about? I made a thread about it, which doesn't take much effort.

Don't try and clump me in with all the tin-foil hat people around here. :cool: I'm not one of those guys who's made a mile long **** list of players he hates because they said something mean about us.

I don't hate Ike, I just think his list is dumb.

I don't think you are a tin foil hat but for a 5 time Super Bowl Champion and the most dominant professional sports team of the last ~20 years you have to admit we have way too many hypersensitive fans who seem like the look for every little perceived slight to cry about.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, where do I even begin? First the pure and unadulterated DISRESPECK toward Tom Brady on this very forum and now IKE TAYLOR... OF ALL PEOPLE... thinks this secondary is in the top five!?

It will be interesting to see how the Patriots play against certain teams and the matchups this year. I think with a team such as say Miami it might make sense to put Rowe on the outside coupled with Gilmore vs a bigger tandem like Parker and Stills and then slide Butler to the slot against a tough receiver like Landry.

Against a team with only one bigger receiver such as the Steelers it probably makes more sense to keep Butler on the outside and then you need one of Coleman and the Jones to step up to cover smaller and quicker slot guys. If there's a vulnerability with this secondary it will be the slot corner with Logan Ryan not sliding down there at times.

I wonder if they'll try Rowe on TE's as well. He would be an interesting matchup. They have Kelce, Olsen, Brate, Fleener, Clay, Gates and others on the schedule.

I don't think you are a tin foil hat but for a 5 time Super Bowl Champion and the most dominant professional sports team of the last ~20 years you have to admit we have way too many hypersensitive fans who seem like the look for every little perceived slight to cry about.
Yeah, I mean you're not wrong. I think deflategate really has done that to a lot of fans.

Yeah, I mean you're not wrong. I think deflategate really has done that to a lot of fans.
No question. I think the psyche of this fan base is a complicated one and has evolved.

It started with SB 39 and the 2006 AFCCG. "Patriots Fatigue", "Manning beats Brady b/c he is better now, bla bla"

Then Spygate. That set the whole ******** narrative of, "No wonder why you won, your team cheats and your players are not as good"

Then Deflategate. That elevated it.

SBs 49 and 51 have vindicated BB and TB12 but the morons refuse to acknowledge it.

So its partly a persecution syndrome but its also talking heads who still think the team cheated and/or are sick of the Patriots and pick other teams/players out of spite or just because.

The constant desire and attempt to delegitimize the superior accomplishments of Brady and the Patriots over the last 15 years has taken its toll on most of us. I know that for years I impulsively took offense at the most minor, innocuous perceived slights and I'd react with responses which were far greater than warranted. I agree with those who have said that the wins in SBs 49 and 51 have really lessened the idiotic "Cheatriots" nonsense which has been replaced, albeit grudgingly, with a recognition that the Patriots are and have been a great team. I don't think it has caused the haters to convert to Pats' fans, but it has caused a fair number of them (not all) to acknowledge the legitimacy of their accomplishments.

I don't care for his rankings, but he's absolutely unbearable on the NFL Network.

I agree, he's absolutely terrible on the NFL Network.. i canceled that package awhile ago but I never liked him on the show and still don't in all the clips I see with him

Nothing to do with his ranking of the Pats secondary, hes just kind of annoying

I will project a bit and say this year...

#1 Broncos - safeties are so so (Ward is overrated) but still the best CB combo in the game.
#2 Giants - They are the single most balance secondary in the NFL. No spot to attack easily but they don't have that guy that is going to shut down every game.
#3 Vikings - One of the best in the NFL but get no credit cause they are in a small market area and they will not sniff the playoffs likely but this is an elite secondary
#4 Patriots - A few things keep this unit from being a bit higher. One issue will be the slot which will be odd. Do they move their #1 CB there and put Rowe on the outside? That could be an issue but the best way to go but I don't trust Rowe if he needs to cover a top WR. Another issue is of all the top units they will need to learn to play with a new key piece in Gilmore. Come playoff time it will be fine but we could see some issues early.
#5 Seattle - Why so low? Cause they build their DBs to stop the vertical game and have great pass rushers that make you get ride of it fast. However they have no good answers for quick WRs and teams started to catch on somewhat to that recently. Still a very good unit but a few cracks in the armor have been shown. Luckily they have a great all around D and usually pretty good QB play.

SD? Brandon Flowers leaving could be an issue though he only played 6 games last season

KC? IMO Berry is a bit overrated as is Peters. Peters can be taken advantage of if you play away from his skill set. I feel like they are a unit which when facing good QBs can be exposed some as they have some niche players who don't have balanced games.

Cinci deserves a shout out too but their O stinks and minus Atkins they don't get much help from the front 7.

Thread title is redundant...seriously

Kind of like "corrupt politician" or a "sudden, unexpected surprise" even better as Yogi Berra once said....

"Sometimes you can observe a lot just by watching."

Watch that from 2:50-3:07, he is a moron for other reasons:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill