PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ignorance of Seahawk bandwagon fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheenix11

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
So I see this thread on Facebook from the NFL about how Pete Carroll said he cried a couple days after he lost. Fine whatever, I don't fault him for that. I would have cried too.

So I'm reading the comments and I see this gem:

The Matt Lauer interview was incredible. Coach Pete should have the respect of every coach and player in the country. What an amazing perspective on life! In every Superbowl there is one winner and one loser. Personally I think this team looks way better in defeat than the Patriots look as the victors of this one matchup. Remember, Pete has only been here 5 years and took us to back-to-back Superbowls. That has to be some sort of record! He has built and will continue to build this championship team.

https://www.facebook.com/NFL/posts/10152847567586263

Really? and they wonder why people make fun of them? Yeah some record, off the top of my head I can think of Don Shula, Bill Belichick, Jimmy Johnson, Tom Flores who won 2 Super Bowls within their first 5 years.

everyone%2Bin%2Bthis%2Bphoto.jpg

I really hate the whole "bandwagon fan" insult. I think it reflects more poorly on those making it, but maybe that's just me.

Edit: This was really stupid, though, and deserves ridicule on just that basis:

"Personally I think this team looks way better in defeat than the Patriots look as the victors of this one matchup."

Last edited:
You know what is really weird? I was at the game and there were multiple, multiple Seahawks fans there who had babies with them. When we parked in the parking lot the folks in front of us opened the back of their SUV and took out their double stroller. My friend and I (both dedicated mothers) said WTF? Who the heck brings an infant to a football game, never mind the Super Bowl? How the heck would you keep a 2 yr. old quiet and busy for 4 hours? I have 12 year olds who can't last through a game. Anyway, I am not hating on people, but I just found this really strange. I can count on one finger the times I have seen a baby at a Patriots game over the last 21 years.

You know what is really weird? I was at the game and there were multiple, multiple Seahawks fans there who had babies with them. When we parked in the parking lot the folks in front of us opened the back of their SUV and took out their double stroller. My friend and I (both dedicated mothers) said WTF? Who the heck brings an infant to a football game, never mind the Super Bowl? How the heck would you keep a 2 yr. old quiet and busy for 4 hours? I have 12 year olds who can't last through a game. Anyway, I am not hating on people, but I just found this really strange. I can count on one finger the times I have seen a baby at a Patriots game over the last 21 years.

This happened at the Super Bowl? As in, inside the actual stadium in Glendale?? o_O

Maybe he meant it was a Seahawks record, which would be true, just not as impressive considering their history :)

This happened at the Super Bowl? As in, inside the actual stadium in Glendale?? o_O
Yes, and in the parking lot (and I am not counting players' families who had their little ones there; that I get). I was in the cheapo parking lot and I cannot tell you how many strollers we saw. We kept saying, "there's another one. Who would bring their babies to a Super Bowl? Good luck to her." (assuming, based on our own lives, that mom would be the one to suffer the consequences when Junior started screaming on 3rd and goal :) )

Yes, and in the parking lot (and I am not counting players' families who had their little ones there; that I get). I was in the cheapo parking lot and I cannot tell you how many strollers we saw. We kept saying, "there's another one. Who would bring their babies to a Super Bowl? Good luck to her." (assuming, based on our own lives, that mom would be the one to suffer the consequences when Junior started screaming on 3rd and goal :) )

Good God. Firstly, awesome that you got to witness history in person! That said, I can never get these people. It's bad enough bringing an infant to a movie. Why on earth would anyone want to put a kid through the noise and chaos of a football game, let alone the freaking Super Bowl?!

Notice little Vivian Brady was missing from the celebration pics. Her ma rightfully didn't drag her out into the pandemonium on the field after the win.

I agree Deb, I have been to many games over the years, ...never would I have considered bringing a baby to the game. That blows me away....and Super Bowl..... I can't even imagine it.

That's really weird, if you can afford to go to the SB, it seems likely that child care wouldn't be out of the question. Strange indeed.

More ignorance is what Seahawks fans did to ticket prices. 9k each for tickets in the upper deck and field level 25k + each.

The way I see it 3 things happened

1 Stubhub and the rest held back tickets to create a false supply knowing Seahawks fans would bite.
2 Seahawks fans paid any price no matter how exorbitant.
3 Brokers sold tickets @ 3k each told those buyers they couldn't deliver and sold the same tickets to Seahawk fans for 9k each.

I checked stubhub Saturday night and the lowest ticket was $6300. I checked again Sunday morning and the lowest was 9k again. Somebody had to have been buying these tickets for the cost to increase like it did and I don't believe Patriot fans are that stupid.

Infants?!? My God. I brought my then 5 year old to a game once, but he was (and is still) almost as crazy about football as his dad. And that was the absolute lowest age I would bring a child. Bringing an infant is insane from both sides. How is that kid going to be ok with all the screaming and the sheer amount of time spent in one basic place? And, how can a parent possibly enjoy that?

Screaming infants: the real secret to Seattle crowd noise! :eek:

These are the same jabs that people have been throwing at Pats fans for the last 15 years. Yeah, they have a lot of ****ty bandwagon fans. But so do we, so I figure it's best not to throw stones.

More ignorance is what Seahawks fans did to ticket prices. 9k each for tickets in the upper deck and field level 25k + each.

The way I see it 3 things happened

1 Stubhub and the rest held back tickets to create a false supply knowing Seahawks fans would bite.
2 Seahawks fans paid any price no matter how exorbitant.
3 Brokers sold tickets @ 3k each told those buyers they couldn't deliver and sold the same tickets to Seahawk fans for 9k each.

I checked stubhub Saturday night and the lowest ticket was $6300. I checked again Sunday morning and the lowest was 9k again. Somebody had to have been buying these tickets for the cost to increase like it did and I don't believe Patriot fans are that stupid.

Brokers shorted the tickets early, oversold, then panicked when the prices didn't go down. As they panicked, they drove prices further up, creating a sort of panic death spiral.

As far as why they oversold, I think there's some truth to the major sellers holding back supply to screw the small-time brokers and induce panic. Seems like they want to clear the market out so they can own it.

I really hate when the whole "bandwagon fan" insult. I think it reflects more poorly on those making it, but maybe that's just me.

Edit: This was really stupid, though, and deserves ridicule on just that basis:
I'm with you. We are a region that embraces exclusivity and inclusion is a blood-born right of passage.

God forbid you weren't a Pats fan in 1982. Sheesh..

These are the same jabs that people have been throwing at Pats fans for the last 15 years. Yeah, they have a lot of ****ty bandwagon fans. But so do we, so I figure it's best not to throw stones.
We do have a lot of BW fans. But we also have a very sold base of die hard fans that is much larger and passionate than their die hards. Ours have been much more passionate for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST