PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you had one Q for BB what would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumped to the front....

I think his dinner is tomorrow night...

Any last questions?

Can you say now how many players you want to keep at each position on the final 53-man roster?

This is probably is not a good question, but I've always wanted to know, "When practicing for an away game at Gillette, music is played through a concert sound system at a high volume from the sidelines and directed at the players so they can get accustomed to calling and hearing signals in a loud stadium. Why is music used when pre-recorded crowd noise would more closely resemble the environment of the upcoming game?"

Why was there a 3rd sequel to "The Substitute" starring Treat Williams. The first one was not that good.

Were there any line backers on your day 1 draft board?

This is probably is not a good question, but I've always wanted to know, "When practicing for an away game at Gillette, music is played through a concert sound system at a high volume from the sidelines and directed at the players so they can get accustomed to calling and hearing signals in a loud stadium. Why is music used when pre-recorded crowd noise would more closely resemble the environment of the upcoming game?"

Excellent question. I've wondered that myself.

I'm trying to think of questions that might get BB's attention and get him interested in giving more than a "sound bite" answer that he would give to a reporter in the locker room who asked him an obvious question. So...

If you were forced to rank Paul Brown and Vince Lombardi in terms of their long term impact as HC's in the NFL, 1--2, how would you rank them?

Funny but that would be my question too. I think Belichick believes that Paul Brown was the greatest Coach to ever manage a Team.

Further I suspect that he thinks the Lombardi Trophy is misnamed, and should really be the Brown Trophy... Lombardi really only succeeded with one team, that a had a decade of high draft picks and had done little with them. An example was trying to make a Mike Vick like character into a QB, until he arrived and selected a QB. A guy, who knew that 90% of Quarterbacking is played between the ears.

One thing I always wanted to know:

When did you realize you had something really special in Tom Brady?

I heard Charlie Weiss' answer to that question once...I dont have the exact answer but he said it was the San Diego game in 2001, there was a particular defense out there and Brady was forced to throw it away, which was the smart move...Charlie said it was at that point, they realized this kid was special.

True story.

I would ask him if he were starting a team today and could draft any QB ever, who would he pick.

Excellent question. I've wondered that myself.

Our company sold the Pats the system about 7 or 8 years ago. They were used cabinets. We set them up in our wharehouse, spent an afternoon cleaning and tweaking until it was dialed. We trucked it to the stadium and set it up for a practice. It was Belichick's assistant, Berg Najarian(??), that was to run it. We plugged his portable CD player in for him. He immediately cranked it up grossly distorting the inputs and hit the system limiters. The whole thing went GHHAGAHHAGAAHHAGHAH!!! He said, "Perfect! Just what we were looking for!" Trying to give him a lesson in gain structure was hopeless. I asked him why he wasn't using crowd noise and he said that coach wanted music. The players hate it.

I used to schedule a couple of days per season to take in a practice and check the rig. For the past few years we've been picking it up and doing service at the shop. It might be time for another visit or two this year.

We do audio and lighting production for larger Pats events and provided for their post SB party in Jacksonville.
http://rainbowproductionservices.com/event_pages/patriots.htm
They had forgotten to take their Pats banner that was used for the backdrop. Our techs snagged it before the house crew did and it is a permanent fixture in our wharehouse.

Last edited:
I have always wondered what he said to Ted Johnson in the 2004 AFC Championship against Pittsburgh. It was early in the game and the Steelers were lining up for a 4th and short. He pulled TJ over whispered something in his ear and then the Pats proceeded to blow the play up and stop the bus in the backfield....

Question for BB... hmm... let me think about that one.

I asked him why he wasn't using crowd noise and he said that coach wanted music. The players hate it.

Didn't the CIA use blaring music to force Noriega to come out of his palace in Nicaragua? They said it was a form of torture -- of course they did use AC/DC. BB is alot more nefarious than we thought.

He answered that one already. He said they used to use the pre-recorded crowd noise and that it would always give him a head ache. He said after every practice he would always need 4 excedrin. :) Funny dude that Belichick!

I am going to a private function where BB will be the keynote speaker and we will get a chance to ask him questions. I was hoping to get some good smart football questions to ask him and of course I will share his answers with the board. any help would be appreciated. keep in mind I am not a hard nose journalist so I am not asking anything that would annoy him. I would love to have some good X's and O's qs and a few good history and SB run Qs?

thanks guys I am sure you will come up with some good stuff

This is your thread but I'm going tonight as well. I've copied what I thought were the 5 best questions. Let me know which one you choose so we don't overlap. Should be a blast. :rocker:

OK here is a football question that he might answer. Its also one I would like to ask him.

Bill, football is a game of cycles. Do you ever see the time that in the pro game that an offensive system like the Delaware wing T would come back into vogue? You would think with all the angle blocking and backfield deception that it would be effective, especially in areas where you have a physical miss match in the OTHER team's favor.

Then step back and watch him school the audience in a pure football question. The kind he loves

FYI- the Delaware wing T was a big favorite among HS and College teams in the 50's 60's and 70's. Later the I formation and the various read option formations became popular, and since the 90's the many spread formation have become the in thing.

The Wing T features a lot of angle blocking, pulls, double teams, and cross blocks. You rarely asked your linemen to have to take on a defensive lineman one on one WITHOUT an angle or a double team. In the backfield there were 2 backs. Mostly a FB behind the QB and a HF offset BESIDE the FB, usually away from the strength of the formation. The 3rd back was on the wing outside the TE, who could block or come back in motion on a reverse or counter. He could also be flanked out wide....hence the origin of the term Flanker. From this formation Quick hitters were the first running choice, though you could power a run as well. The point of attack was VERY defined for RBs. So for them it was hit the hole, make a cut, and go hard.

Personally I think with all the great talent on defense now days, this would be a very effective offensive system for the running and PAP games. It would definitely for offenses to stay at home, especially LBs.

This is your thread but I'm going tonight as well. I've copied what I thought were the 5 best questions. Let me know which one you choose so we don't overlap. Should be a blast. :rocker:

I have a couple questions in my head, nothing I got from this thread so feel free to use anything you got off this thread. I am hoping to bring my tape recorder in but i havent used it since college so i dont know if ill find it but either way I plan on posting the highlights here after and im sure we will have plenty to discuss Crowpointer. Remember the key to a good question for BB is that you need him to answer a stock answer or no answer would suck, the key is to get him going and he will be a ton of fun and very educational.

I hope they have the trophies on display I have not got to see them in person, I have a great pic with the world series trophey and it kills me to not have seen the lombardis yet. I was at school when my hometown had access and it was summer when they went to my schools town. A pic with BB would be real cool too....

Last edited:
If I could expect a frank answer, I would ask if he is the highest paid HC and how long his contract is?? Does he plan on retiring here.. but then again he would do what he does best avoid the specifics and frame it some kind of team issue.

Typical Jet fan response there......

I would try to get him to focus on talking about what he likes to do the most...teaching football. Ask him some real football questions and he may go on for along time.

Anyone else?
Actually "He Ban Me" is a Colts fan, and I thought it was funny and probably would get few good laughs.

Bill

You have addressed almost every position on the team with high draft picks.....

Why the refusal to address the LB position with high draft picks???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back