PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could bring back one former Patriot that is still active in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martysaurus Rex. Best combo of talent and drive of any current ex Patriot. Next would be Talib...until he pulls up lame once again in an AFCCG. If we're talking just the first 8 games of the season, Chandler Jones is a HOF selection. I can't believe the contract Collins got from Cleveland after some of the sleepwalking I saw him do there.

Regards,
Chris

Without salary cap implications: Chandler Jones

Taking the salary cap into consideration: Akiem Hicks

A base nickel defense that includes Gilmore, Butler and Talib as the three starting corners is a very enticing alternative.

From a pure talent POV, probably one of Talib/Collins/Jones.

A sentimental fav would be Woodhead of course.

Jones and Collins are tempting from an athletic standpoint but I wouldn't want to do that damage to the salary cap.
Not sure what Hicks makes but that's an interesting idea. Strong DL gets stronger.
For me, it is Bennett, because I don't trust Allen yet.

Chandler Jones for me. Bennett and Talib are the only other good arguments. Jones would be an instant upgrade at RDE with Flowers being a great back up. Dwayne Allen is already a good backup to Gronk so Bennett isn't has sorely needed. CB depth is already pretty solid so Talib isn't needed as badly either.

You have to think Jamie Collins disrupted the locker room too much to get the boot in the middle of the season so I'd choose team chemistry over Collins talent.

Talib.

Of the players that left, I really think only Hicks left without having any real issues.

Talib - Shooting himself at a Strip Club.
Jones - the synthetic pot issue
Collins - Not a team player

While all three are extremely talented, the Pats moved on from them for good reason.

Disregarding needs and logic...Danny Woodhead. I would've loved to see him scoring that overtime TD win against Atlanta, not that I dislike sweetfeet or anything

Easy question. Ryan mallet so we could trade him for a first round pick.

But our current back up is worth TWO hypothetical first round picks.

Woodhead, even though we don't need him.

Talib, of course. Especially for what he's being paid.

Kamar Aiken would have been good to have in 2015.

Hated to see Akiem Hicks, Akeem Ayers, and Bennett leave after just one year or less.

I've grown to hate the guy, but man I'd love havinrg Talib back here.

Also, Ben Watson! The guy deserves another ring. Plus he'd be an upgrade over Allen if he got back to 2015 form, which was his career year.

Not "core," corps. CORPS, d%#*!@t. :mad:

Corps: a body of people engaged in a particular activity.
Core: the central or most important part of something.

Both seem to work.

Well do we take contracts into account or not?

If not Chandler Jones. While I think he disappears at times they could certainly use a boost at DE.

Talib be great but they don't really need another CB he is the best former Patriot as of right now.

I never forgave Talib for sitting himself out in two consecutive AFC Championship games, the second with a bruise.

A f.cking bruise.

Benjamin Watson

Corps: a body of people engaged in a particular activity.
Core: the central or most important part of something.

Both seem to work.
No, the word is corps for that usage. Defy me again and I'll have you sent to Siberia ... or Detroit.

Slam dunk Martellus Bennett for me

His depth allowed us to survive yet another loss of Gronk - having a two TE set of that caliber on THIS team? 19-0

And a not completely sentimental honorary mention to Adam Vinatieri

That's just an amazing career he's put together - and he's still got it! I mean from a salary and cap stand point I don't fault the Pats for going to Gostkowski but I think even he's gotten the yips more than AV over the years - and who knows, Adam still might outlast him straight up (though he does seem to be losing some yards)

And yeah, Woodhead gets my 2nd runner up nod - just because I've always liked guys like him - but he's older, had more injuries we've got guys like him on the team now, so it's an easy Bennett vote for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents