If Thuney is traded here’s the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Eagles Pro bowl Guard Brandon Brooks is out with a Achilles tear
Pray for Carson Wentz.

The Eagles need to save their remaining cap room to roll over to next year. They have the most money on the books for 2021 of any team, with not nearly enough good opportunities to lower that via cuts.

But they also want to win and Protect Wentz.
I think we sign Thuney long term but if we trade him that has always been my top spot for him and now its magnified.

The Eagles need to save their remaining cap room to roll over to next year. They have the most money on the books for 2021 of any team, with not nearly enough good opportunities to lower that via cuts.

They're $50M over the 2021 cap now, and that's assuming the cap goes up by ~$17M.

Unless the Pats have no desire to sign him long term, I don’t think they should trade him because they will have a lot of cap room next offseason.

Keep him and build a nasty OL. If not ... Arizona, Balty, Buffalo, Carolina, Chi & Raiders could use help. I'm curious if any other teams see him as a full-time tackle?

Again though I'd try to sign him. Our left side would be set for 4-5 years.

But they also want to win and Protect Wentz.
I think we sign Thuney long term but if we trade him that has always been my top spot for him and now its magnified.

I also would like a private jet but don't have personal cap space for it.

They're $50M over the 2021 cap now, and that's assuming the cap goes up by ~$17M.

There are here many among us who think the "Cap is Crap"... led by sportstalk radio mediots.

I also would like a private jet but don't have personal cap space for it.

I wish you had said something last week when I was finalizing my 2020 Gulfstream order.
Next year OK?

Keep him and build a nasty OL. If not ... Arizona, Balty, Buffalo, Carolina, Chi & Raiders could use help. I'm curious if any other teams see him as a full-time tackle?

Again though I'd try to sign him. Our left side would be set for 4-5 years.
Seeing Thuney in a Billiards or Murderer-Worshippers uniform would be heart-breaking...

A quick check of their cap situation shows that Philthy also has plenty of room to acquire him right now...

If by mid to late training camp, it looks like games will need to be played with no fans or limited fans, or if the start of the regular season is delayed by several weeks, the players and their agents will likely realize that the cap number will indeed drop significantly next year, due to loss of league revenue. Thuney may be willing to lower his asking price at that point, knowing that few teams will be able to afford a $12+ million per year guard next offseason.

The report that multiple Cowboys and Texans recently tested positive for COVID is an inauspicious sign for NFL football this fall. I am not confident that these young adults with money to spend and people who want to be around them for a variety of reasons will, as a whole, will have the self-restraint and a good sense to not put themselves in high-risk situations for 5+ months.

Last edited:
I can't imagine they trade him for less than a third unless they really want the cap space since I am assuming they would get a third round comp pick when someone pays him a ton of money next year.

If the eagles are spending 2nd rounders on backup QBs then I don’t see why they would mind trading us a 2 for one of the best guards in football.

Eagles have way to much money invested into their O-line as is.

I see them more likely to sign Larry Warford for a 1 year rental.

If by mid to late training camp, it looks like games will need to be played with no fans or limited fans, or if the start of the regular season is delayed by several weeks, the players and their agents will likely realize that the cap number will indeed drop significantly next year, due to loss of league revenue. Thuney may be willing to lower his asking price at that point, knowing that few teams will be able to afford a $12+ million per year guard next offseason.

That doesn't necessarily mean the cap will drop significantly next year; there have been discussions about "borrowing" some cap space from future years to prevent/minimize a decrease in the 2021 cap. (e.g., Instead of it dropping, say, $30M next year, the NFL and NFLPA might agree to keep it the same in 2021 as 2020, and then lower the 2022, 2023, and 2024 caps by $10M each.)

Last edited:
Wow. So, a shortened season where the 2021 cap is reduced would pretty much decimate the Eagles. I’ll have to check out a list and see what other teams would be affected in such a drastic manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back