PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If San Diego plays next week like they did today they are in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep waiting. The ref will tell you when it's over. :D

I dunno. A team that couldn't win with Caldwell, Gaffney, and Brown on the field, and couldn't cover Bernard Berrian, might contain Moss, Stallworth, and Welker just fine. You could just drop six back into coverage, that should do it, 3 on Moss, 2 on Stallworth, take your chances with Welker. If your "Front 5" gets good pressure, you might force a dump-off to Watson.

Or, it could be a running play. Rut roh reorge.

This is kind of fun, yanno? We outcoached you last year, and we were sweating bullets about all that talent on offense... well, now the talent edge has swung to the Pats, like it or not, and uh... your coaching just got worse.

It's gonna be a long plane trip back to the coast.

PFnV

ROFLMAO you guys have nowhere near the talent of the Chargers. Why do we have to wait a whole week to play this game? You beat the JETS not the Bears or Colts or a super bowl participant/contender last week and you cheated to do it. We beat ourselves for the most part in a game we dominated. Go revisit the gameday thread to see how you patsises fans really felt most of the game. Bottom line is we will bring the heat and our A game this week on defense again. LT will shred you as usual and as long as we don't beat ourselves you guys surely won't win.

Yeah, you guys were great... right up til you lost and started crying about your logo....deflect, deflect, deflect...

why is it that every patriot fan always reverts to "we beat you! we beat you! waaaah! crying about your logo.. waaaah!"

nothing but a bunch of childish babies who revert to name calling and focusing on past accomplishments rather than taking an objective look to sunday's game. i have seen only one patriot fan who was able to complete a coherent argument without reverting to sophomoric antics. what is with you people? are you really that pathetic? /not impressed by arrogance.

Hey Chargers fans, all I can say is this: I hope Lacrybaby Tomlinson and the rest of your overhyped team is thinking exactly. like. you.

why is it that every patriot fan always reverts to "we beat you! we beat you! waaaah! crying about your logo.. waaaah!"

nothing but a bunch of childish babies who revert to name calling and focusing on past accomplishments rather than taking an objective look to sunday's game. i have seen only one patriot fan who was able to complete a coherent argument without reverting to sophomoric antics. what is with you people? are you really that pathetic? /not impressed by arrogance.

No. See, you still don't get it. This is not a debate board. You were not invited to come in here. We do not have to give any time of argument. Get lost.

I went on some "juvenile" (pot kettle black) personal attack because the only reason you're on this board is to troll. If maybe you brought up a well thought out point, I would have discussed it. Instead you bring up how "New Englanders are the most delusional fans in sports" or "How the Chargers are going to stomp over the Patriots"

Did I Lie? lol all those comments are true.

Guys, the talent level of the two teams is obviously close enough that the Patriots last year, with the exact same coaching staff and far less talent on offense or defense, were able to overcome multiple mistakes and win the game. You Chargers fans always talk about the few plays where you "shot yourselves" like McCree's fumble, but what about every other play on that drive, huh?? Up by 8 points, at home, with this incredibly talented team you brag and brag about, and you let the Patriots go on a 60+ yard drive in the 4th quarter AT HOME, and they convert the 2 points, and you want to convince us that your team was EVER somehow incredibly superior to ours?

Now we're at home, a place where if we hadn't had multiple fumbles we would have blown out the Bears by 2 or more touchdowns, with a stacked team that's healthy and coming off a huge divisional win, and you think this is going to be some kind of cakewalk, with an entirely new coaching staff that Belichick has faced numerous times? Whistlin' past the graveyard, guys. Just like Jets fans you're going to eat serious crow next week. Why the hell would you tempt fate like this? I'd show a little more humility if I was you all. You're on OUR board, talkin s&*t about a team that knocked you out of the playoffs at home. It's just going to make it sting that much more on Monday. Get ready for a long week of no ESPN.

Guys, the talent level of the two teams is obviously close enough that the Patriots last year, with the exact same coaching staff and far less talent on offense or defense, were able to overcome multiple mistakes and win the game. You Chargers fans always talk about the few plays where you "shot yourselves" like McCree's fumble, but what about every other play on that drive, huh?? Up by 8 points, at home, with this incredibly talented team you brag and brag about, and you let the Patriots go on a 60+ yard drive in the 4th quarter AT HOME, and they convert the 2 points, and you want to convince us that your team was EVER somehow incredibly superior to ours?

Now we're at home, a place where if we hadn't had multiple fumbles we would have blown out the Bears by 2 or more touchdowns, with a stacked team that's healthy and coming off a huge divisional win, and you think this is going to be some kind of cakewalk, with an entirely new coaching staff that Belichick has faced numerous times? Whistlin' past the graveyard, guys. Just like Jets fans you're going to eat serious crow next week. Why the hell would you tempt fate like this? I'd show a little more humility if I was you all. You're on OUR board, talkin s&*t about a team that knocked you out of the playoffs at home. It's just going to make it sting that much more on Monday. Get ready for a long week of no ESPN.

You don't get it. Unless the pats blow us out 45-17 there is nothing you can say to convicne a chargers fan that your better. Fact is parker fumbling numerous dropped passes the mccree fumble that should've ended the game, marty challenging a clear fumble and leaving us with no time, personal foul penalities are all out of character for this team. All year long we didn't make these kind of mistakes and chose the worst time to play our worst game. Almost every charger had an off game and while your team did make some plays it wouldn't have been enough to beat a chargers team playing sound football. YOUR NOT BETTER. We will come into your stadium and leave with a victory AGAIN.

You don't get it. Unless the pats blow us out 45-17 there is nothing you can say to convicne a chargers fan that your better. Fact is parker fumbling numerous dropped passes the mccree fumble that should've ended the game, marty challenging a clear fumble and leaving us with no time, personal foul penalities are all out of character for this team. All year long we didn't make these kind of mistakes and chose the worst time to play our worst game. Almost every charger had an off game and while your team did make some plays it wouldn't have been enough to beat a chargers team playing sound football. YOUR NOT BETTER. We will come into your stadium and leave with a victory AGAIN.
I'll save this for when you guys get embarrassed in Gillete, Sunday.

hahhahhahahahaha....oh maaaaaaan. You're going to have a nervous breakdown on Monday, huh?

Well the 45 is about what I think the Pats will put up, I think 17 for the Chargers is a bit optimistic.

But I doubt we'll see you next Monday.

Uh...How did Brady perform against the Bolts in the playoff game? I believe he was below 50% with three picks and should have been more. I do believe that he has some weapons with Moss this year, but the Pats cannot stop LT. With Seymour and Rodney out, they are going to have many problems stopping him. The Chargers played a championship level defense that is by far better than the Pats in all honesty. The Pats Defense is good, but no where near the speed and agressiveness of the Bears. The Chargers gave up 141 yards passing to the Bears and the secondary played horrible? The Chargers wanted to stop the Bears run game and force Rex to beat them, and what happened? Berrian had 85 yards receiving so where is the torching?I do believe Coles was torching the Pats for several TDS, and they even went back to back on the fade route in the endzone on Asante. Bottom line is the Pats are good, but you have to look at the opponent you played compared to the opponent that the Chargers played.

Coles is better than any reciever you have and he had two TD's. Berrian and company would have done a lot more damage if Rex Grossman didn't blow. Seymour's backup had 2.5 sacks yesterday and would start on the majority of the teams in the NFL. We also haven't had Harrison for much of the last two years. The Bears were the best of a ****ty conference and if I remember correctly you are getting ready to play a team that played a week longer than you guys did last year, so what is your point? :confused:

The idea that you think the Patriots "don't have near the talent" of the Chargers COMPLETELY negates any credibility or judgment you have. I'm sorry. If you'd said the Chargers are more talented, maybe you have a case. But that your argument is "it's not even close," well then, you're just silly. You're just being foolish.

I mean, honestly, I don't really believe in "whoever's most talented wins" because the Patriots have put the lie to that in the past. We've BEEN the more talented, and we've been the lesser talented - it's all about team. But just to live in your world for a second, what's the deal, talent-wise - why does EVERY SINGLE EXPERT about the NFL - on-line, in the papers, on television, EVERYONE - why do they say the Patriots are "loaded" and "elite" and "the most talented team on paper" or, at least, "among the most talented teams in the NFL." Why are they saying that? Because according to you that's simply not true, not possible. Because we are "BY FAR" much less talented than the Chargers.

What gives? Please explain.

Does anyone really care who is "better"? I sure don't. Even if the question had an answer (it doesn't, by the way) I'll take the W.

For my part, I have no interest in trying to convince charger fans of anything. The day the NFL decides to base the standings based on some subjective and amorphous view of who is "better," instead of who had more points, I'll start to care.

Why are we even letting fans of a team that has won two games of significance (followed by a pasting in the SB) in 30 years suck us into this kind of debate?

It's a non-division regular season September game between two good teams. Pats have lost 'em before and they may lose this one, but ultimately it means very little for either team to lose this game. I understand that this game is crucially important to Charger fans so they can reply in their minds their fantasies of what their "better" team could have accomplished last year if only the team hadn't yaked all over itself in a big spot. Why are any of us wasting time feeding into that laughable stuff?

ROFLMAO you guys have nowhere near the talent of the Chargers. Why do we have to wait a whole week to play this game? You beat the JETS not the Bears or Colts or a super bowl participant/contender last week and you cheated to do it. We beat ourselves for the most part in a game we dominated. Go revisit the gameday thread to see how you patsises fans really felt most of the game. Bottom line is we will bring the heat and our A game this week on defense again. LT will shred you as usual and as long as we don't beat ourselves you guys surely won't win.

You would think that you guys would have learned your lesson last year. :bricks:

And after the way your offense played last week I wouldn't be talking all kinds of trash. Also the Jets are coached better than Your team and the Bears. Your front seven is as good as it gets but your secondary sucks. And if you don't get to Brady it will be a long day for you guys. And if you blitz a ton Welker will have 10 catches for 130 yards and a TD. Again good luck.

I forgot how much fun Chargers fans are. Many of them think talent is all that matters.

We're on the opposite end of the spectrum, of course, considering that the greatest game in NE history was against a Rams team with MUCH more talent.

Talent smalent, Ws are all that matters. Playoff Ws matter much more than regular season ones (another view Chargers fans struggle with, not having experienced any of those recently).

I forgot how much fun Chargers fans are. Many of them think talent is all that matters.

We're on the opposite end of the spectrum, of course, considering that the greatest game in NE history was against a Rams team with MUCH more talent.

Talent smalent, Ws are all that matters. Playoff Ws matter much more than regular season ones (another view Chargers fans struggle with, not having experienced any of those recently).
Very true.
Of all the major sports, winning football games is most dependent on coaching. Other than the skill positions, teams in the NFL are fairly evenly matched. I think coaching makes a much greater difference than talent does. Unfortunately for SD, they only have one of those while the Pats have both.
Advantage: New England.

Six more days of this; can't wait. I loved the "Yankees beat the Red Sox almost every year" comment. Considering the Red Sox beat the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS on their way to the World Series victory, that comment takes the cake. Charger fans are quite the educated sports fans eh?

What do you think the average age of the Charger trolls is, 15? Unreal.

Last edited:
as long as we don't beat ourselves you guys surely won't win.
Making excuses already? It's only Monday and already you are practicing what you cried about last year: "You didn't beat us. We beat ourselves. We're better than you. Uh huh. We are. We lost, but we're better. Stop laughing at us. Wah wah wah."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back