PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If San Diego plays next week like they did today they are in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passing
New England Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int
T. Brady 27 51 280 52.9 5.5 2 4 2 3

By the time the Bolts are done with the Pats, Brady will have wished he had the above line. Brady going down at least 4 times in this game. The Bolts D is going to make look worse than Grossman. You have an aging line backing corps. Thomas won't make a difference. The Pats have never been able to stop L.T. and won't begin to this time. Let's see, Harrison suspension, cheating scandal and blowout at the hands of the Bolts. 2007 is looking great for you!

Oh wonderful, the Pro Bowl argument :rolleyes:

I guess a 12-2 playoff record, 3 rings, and 2 Super Bowl MVP nods don't compare to the pro bowl. My bad!

These arguments really are a waste of time

Anyone who watches football knows Tom Brady is a winner and a great QB.

But why the need to smack on Philip Rivers. He is a good young QB. He was the second leading passer in NCAA HISTORY. In his first year as a starter in NFL he went 14-2 and made the Pro Bowl. His career is well on its way. With a bit more experience he will not take a back seat to Palmer or Brady. Manning is in a league of his own.

These are two great teams and this will be a great game. Yes the Patriots won the playoff game but they were outplayed most of the game and Brady admitted they were lucky to get out with a win. Brady got a huge break after he threw the losing interception with the game on the line. If you cant ackowledge the game could have gone either way than you werent watching the game.

Both teams are stocked with great players. If fans of either team can't recognize that then they lack credibility.

Last edited:
San Diego looked VERY beatable all day - The defense gave up several good gains from Grossman to Berrian - Jammer and Co. was having problems all day covering Berrian and Muhammed and if it were not for the stupid FO of the Bears letting Thomas Jones go they probably would have won this game,Cedric Benson and Adrian Peterson are NOT the answer to losing Jones. and the running game appears to be a future problem in the windy city.

Several things about this game come to mind - The ******ed call by Lovie sending a below average back like Adrian Peterson (NO he cannot be compared to the likely future great in Minnesota - only by name) into a running formation during a crucial 4th down and 3 instead of going to either a screen pass or a short out to Berrian - of course Petersen got absolutely nowhere and that was the part of the game that virtually ended the Bears hopes of the upset.

The Bears defense played good enough to beat any team in the NFL today but the offensive calls were - Well 'offensive' for much of this game.

Berrian should have been used even more than he was - He was by far the best player on that field on the offensive side and on the defensive side Briggs,Urlacher and Harris were amazing run stuffers all game,Ladanian almost looked human until the Bears front 7 wore down late and Tomlinson came around a bit.

The bottom line is that if SD plays like they did offensively for 3 quarters of the game next week like they did this week it may not even be a close game - I do expect a much better effort from Rivers and earlier efforts from Tomlinson and expect the game to go right down to the wire - We don't have the defense Chicago has but I think we can keep the Chargers offense under somewhat controlled a bit.

This is a really silly thread and not very well thought out.

Try comparing apples to apples. The Chargers played a fired up Chicago defense which is very nasty and happens to be in the top couple of defenses in the league. The Bears were a Super Bowl finalist. They didnt play the Jets.

Go ahead draw you conclusions about how poor the Chargers offense is from their first game of the season against a tough defense. Just throw out the window that the Chargers had the #1 scoring offense in the NFL last year and have improved it this season.

What you really dont understand is that the young ascending Charger team grew far more from an intense hard hitting, low scoring battle with the Bears then they would have from blowing out an average team. Charger fans couldnt have asked for a better game to prepare the Chargers for a serious battle with the Patriots. These are exactly the type of games the team will grow from and be better hardened for the playoffs for it.

Make no mistake. The Patriots will have their hands full on Sunday night.

Last edited:
I am not getting into the negative talk. I will say I was at the game on sunday and our O played ok. The Bears with Tommie Harris are a diffrent team and he made the impact in the game. He beat up our O line left and right. With that said the BS call in the 1 yard line was horrible that was 7 points that went out the window. Oh well you guys looked good I saw the game. I think you will win a close game. Our D is not the Jets D. I know there will be a lot of #$% talking. All I will say is the Bears played very good on D and our D played just as good. Good luck I just want to see a good game.

I am not getting into the negative talk. I will say I was at the game on sunday and our O played ok. The Bears with Tommie Harris are a diffrent team and he made the impact in the game. He beat up our O line left and right. With that said the BS call in the 1 yard line was horrible that was 7 points that went out the window. Oh well you guys looked good I saw the game. I think you will win a close game. Our D is not the Jets D. I know there will be a lot of #$% talking. All I will say is the Bears played very good on D and our D played just as good. Good luck I just want to see a good game.

Your Offense did play okay, although it was not as effective as I would have thought. I suspect that that may be as much a function of the new coaching staff, not yet able to make adjustments as effectively as they will later on, as the Bears defense, which is of course terrific.

It will be especially interesting to see how the patriots' new air attack deals with the Chargers secondary. It's not going to be as easy against the Chargers' pass rush--on the other hand, I still feel that your secondary can be vulnerable.

I think Gates will have an excellent day, and so will Tomlinson. Because of the coaching changes, I think SD will need time to gel. As a result, I think the Patriots may win this one in a close match--unless the annoying gossip/scandal of the talking heads (some legit, some completely hysterical) manages to distract the team, which could happen.

A blowout? No. Possibly 28–24 Patriots, or 31–24 Chargers. At this point, it's 50/50 in my mind...we'll see.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes