PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Player X is Available, I Wouldn't Trade Down

If Davis is still on the board at 21, run, don't jog up to the podium and turn in the pick!!

He is bigger, stronger, and faster than Donald.

He’s bigger, whether or not he’s stronger is debatable, and being faster doesn’t matter, being quicker off the line, and able to use leverage does. Aaron Donald is the best defensive tackle of his generation, and a 1st ballot HOF player, comparing Davis to him is foolish, and unfair to Davis. I like Davis and would be happy if NE got him, but I think he will be gone by that point.

His range is more than fine. It's plus actually for his size but no he's never going to be a consistent pass rush threat.
Agree, I get the love for Davis on this board especially since I want a fattie to keep our LB clean and let us use more lighter athletic LB but I don’t see him as a top 20 pick. The NT class is deeper than usual imo and you can pick up valuable NT relatively cheap in FA compared to a three down DE or lockdown corner on the outside. Just from a position value rn for us I wouldn’t make this call. Like if there is a Nakobe Dean or Karlaftis, JJ, Booth,Elam in range I would use a third or fourth to trade up slightly and get a playmaker and try to get Travis Jones in the second or a Farrell in the mid rounds , McCall/Ellis on day 3. those are big fatties as well.

Honestly the worse thing about this entire board is the back and forth bickering that a select few seem to highjack almost every thread with, daily. I just don’t understand coming on to a sports page and constantly arguing with each other about anything other then sports. Especially about board rules and how this page should be run. I feel like I’m in a HOA meeting with a bunch of Karen’s complaining about how another Karen parks her car on the street at night. Keep that crap to yourselves or take it to a private message and bash each other all you want.
You're right. This board has gotten pretty obnoxious over the past few years. It's representative of the fanbase as a whole. Like Tyrone Biggins without crack, going 3 years without winning has left us itchy, irritable, and in need of an intervention. Throw in the influence of Felger and Mazz (perhaps the nation's worst sports talk radio show) and the seepage of stupid partisan politics, and this forum has come to reinforce every negative stereotype the rest of the country has about this region.

To get back to the thread. I stay put for Davis, Williams, Lloyd and Dean. That's all.

You understand that Davis’s range is basically the “a” gap and he gives you nothing as a pass rusher.
then drop him in as a 0tech / NT. we could use the help stopping the run game.

the other guy i wouldn't pass up at 21 is jameson williams

With three (at least) sub-245 linebackers, that's what I'm very okay with.

Davis and your three sub 245 linebackers do next to nothing on off tackle runs and RPOs.

Davis and your three sub 245 linebackers do next to nothing on off tackle runs and RPOs.
Guys like Peppers, Dugger (up in the box), Mack Wilson, and McMilan are exactly the guys at the second level that help with off-tackle runs.

It's the bentleys and Hightowers (last year) that couldn't get out there.

Guys like Peppers, Dugger (up in the box), Mack Wilson, and McMilan are exactly the guys at the second level that help with off-tackle runs.

Maybe, but I think the problem was two fold:

1.) guys who could not set the edge were on off tackle runs. As an edge player, they have to get off blocks and force the play back inside toward the help.
2.) linebackers who could not play downhill.

Maybe, but I think the problem was two fold:

1.) guys who could not set the edge were on off tackle runs. As an edge player, they have to get off blocks and force the play back inside toward the help.
2.) linebackers who could not play downhill.
It's a reason I'd like Flowers back.

But really, Jennings or Perkins or Uche have got to be able to help out here.

It's a reason I'd like Flowers back.

But really, Jennings or Perkins or Uche have got to be able to help out here.

Do you really want to go into the season “hoping” guys like uche, Perkins or Jennings works out?

Hope is never a good strategy!

Maybe the better question is what does bb need to add to the defense to put these guys in the best possible position to succeed?

Do you really want to go into the season “hoping” guys like uche, Perkins or Jennings works out?

Maybe the better question is what does bb need to add to the defense to put these guys in the best possible position to succeed?
No, but when i read the edge guys that will likely be available, I'm reading clone reports on the three I mentioned. I mean, if Walker or Johnson are there (but Lloyd and Davis are not), 1st round pick? I wouldn't complain, but it wouldn't thrill me either.

After the first 5 or so, I'm just not that impressed with the edge class for the Pats.

Also, yes, I would love Flowers (and hicks) back.

No, but when i read the edge guys that will likely be available, I'm reading clone reports on the three I mentioned. I mean, if Walker or Johnson are there (but Lloyd and Davis are not), 1st round pick? I wouldn't complain, but it wouldn't thrill me either.

After the first 5 or so, I'm just not that impressed with the edge class for the Pats.

Also, yes, I would love Flowers (and hicks) back.
Flowers may be better than any front six player available six, or perhaps not.

Also McGrone could be a factor.

Tell me Pats defense don't need a guy making plays like this.

A bigger NT
Move God to 3T
And compliment Judon with a bigger DE such as Hall, Thomas or Paschal who can set the edge against the run. Our run defense from the Edge was not that good last season. That’s why they started using some okie against good running teams I believe

you must have not watched him play……

Something that big, should not be able to move like that. Pretty crazy. Looks like a top 15 pick for sure. But I won't be made if Jordan Davis makes it to 21. :excited:

Something that big, should not be able to move like that. Pretty crazy. Looks like a top 15 pick for sure. But I won't be made if Jordan Davis makes it to 21. :excited:
You will be when BB trades down and KC or someone picks him at 21...

Flowers may be better than any front six player available six, or perhaps not.

It’s impossible to know, unless someone can find one of the eight people who watch the Lions.

A bigger NT
Move God to 3T
And compliment Judon with a bigger DE such as Hall, Thomas or Paschal who can set the edge against the run. Our run defense from the Edge was not that good last season. That’s why they started using some okie against good running teams I believe

I thought wise did a decent job opposite judon at stopping the run. It was when they ran at judon that they had a lot of success as well as RPO plays.

Honestly the worse thing about this entire board is the back and forth bickering that a select few seem to highjack almost every thread with, daily. I just don’t understand coming on to a sports page and constantly arguing with each other about anything other then sports. Especially about board rules and how this page should be run. I feel like I’m in a HOA meeting with a bunch of Karen’s complaining about how another Karen parks her car on the street at night. Keep that crap to yourselves or take it to a private message and bash each other all you want.

There is a saying, wrongly attributed to Henry Kissinger, as follows: "Academic politics are so vicious precisely because the stakes are so small." This holds true for this board also.

There is a saying, wrongly attributed to Henry Kissinger, as follows: "Academic politics are so vicious precisely because the stakes are so small." This holds true for this board also.
Beautiful. Thank you.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back