PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Plaxico Burress gets released...

Status
Not open for further replies.
last week it was trade brady for 10 draft picks, this week it is get all the WR we can because of a mediocre game.

another great thread on this forum

This thread has nothing to do with the Pittsburgh game, and more to do with the Patriots' "Bring us your malcontents, your running backs, your stranded Dolphins yearning to be free. . . ." philosophy. :)

Forget it - we don't need another good receiver. We need a good corner back or linebacker who can cover the middle of the field.

I'm usually all about these kind of players, regardless of their history. I usually think that they can change their ways around new england, but as far as he goes, his ugly face can stay away

A not-at-all-shockingly, totally predictable ASS-HAT of a thread. The answer is simple: NO. This is not Corey Dillon or Randy Moss. This is a gun-charge after YEARS of violating team-rules under Belichick-alike HC, Tom Coughlin.

Forget it, it will never happen - to the point of making this thread completely ridiculous. In other words, the perfect kind of thread for the current brand of patsfans.com.

With that gun control freak Bloomberg in office....there's a good chance of that.

New York mayors are tight with the cops. Who are the people who most oppose gun ownership? NYPD. Pretty simple to do the math.

We do need another receiver out there, someone who can hurt teams downfield for doubling Randy Moss. I have no problem with Gaffney at all, but we could upgrade that position. Gaffney could take Aiken or Slater's spot. The fact that those two guys are our number 4 and 5 receivers is very troubling. If one of our top 2 ever went down with an injury, we'd have a 3rd receiver who couldn't make the Bills' special teams unit.

Personally, I'd say no to Plaxico at all costs.

But, I do like Chad Johnson and his personal relationship with Belichick tells me he could be a good Patriots' reclamation project.

We do need another receiver out there, someone who can hurt teams downfield for doubling Randy Moss. I have no problem with Gaffney at all, but we could upgrade that position. Gaffney could take Aiken or Slater's spot. The fact that those two guys are our number 4 and 5 receivers is very troubling. If one of our top 2 ever went down with an injury, we'd have a 3rd receiver who couldn't make the Bills' special teams unit.

Personally, I'd say no to Plaxico at all costs.

But, I do like Chad Johnson and his personal relationship with Belichick tells me he could be a good Patriots' reclamation project.

just let chad jackson go, its over, there are other recivers, you'll find somone.

just let chad jackson go, its over, there are other recivers, you'll find somone.

He was talking about Chad Johnson. ;)

Last edited:
Goodell is going to put the hammer to Burress, and maybe Pierce too.

I can easily see a 1 year suspension for Buress regardless of if and when he does any time. These guys are warned over and over again about guns, and this idiot apparently had an unholstered .40 cal in the waistband OF HIS SWEATPANTS!!!! And he wondered why the gun slid down his leg. MORON!!!

Buress also gave a false name to the hospital and Pierce hid the gun, but wised up when the Cops showed up and started telling the truth. But any of these "sign Buress" threads are going to be moot, because he is going to get suspended for a the very least one year, regardless of any convictions and/or jailtime.

Just for carrying a concealed weapon, he's being charged wtih a Class C felony, which is a minimum of 3-7 years jailtime. Thats not including the other obstruction of justice charges and possibly others. I have a hard time seeing him plead all the way down to a misdemeanor. He's pleading not guilty right now, but they've pretty much got an airtight case against him. I would be very surprised if he got out of jailtime.

As for Pearce, he was involved with hiding a weapon used in a crime...if they want, they can nail him pretty good. Supposedly NYC mayor is demanding the the prosecution nail these guys and not give an preferential treatment. He might be in pretty big trouble as well.

As for Buress being on the pats? NO.

Goodell is going to put the hammer to Burress, and maybe Pierce too.

I can easily see a 1 year suspension for Buress regardless of if and when he does any time. These guys are warned over and over again about guns, and this idiot apparently had an unholstered .40 cal in the waistband OF HIS SWEATPANTS!!!! And he wondered why the gun slid down his leg. MORON!!!

Buress also gave a false name to the hospital and Pierce hid the gun, but wised up when the Cops showed up and started telling the truth. But any of these "sign Buress" threads are going to be moot, because he is going to get suspended for a the very least one year, regardless of any convictions and/or jailtime.

And, Michael Bloomberg is putting the hammer to Goodell. If there is one guy who can get Goodell to grow a spine and other relevant body parts, it's Michael Bloomberg (shame he wasn't on our side during Spygate, he would have ripped Goodell a new one for letting a major corporate citizen, tax payer and revenue producer in his city get defamed and pushed around around like the Pats were). Don't believe me? I've watched this guy as mayor for the last seven years and he doesn't give a flying falanga what anyone thinks if he thinks he is right. Comes from being worth $20 bil (mas or menos) and getting re-elected by 21 points.

The problem now is that the Giants, the Hospital and the NFL have all pissed Michael Bloomberg off by trying, in Bloomberg's opinion, to sweep the incident under the rug. His prosecutors are putting kids in jail every day for the same offense. Plaxico Burress doesn't stand a chance of leniency or a cover up.

Carrying a loaded firearm in NYC with out a license to carry is 3 1/2 years, minimum, no questions asked, after a trial. Plaxico will be suiting up for the Sing Sing team before he suits up for the Pats or any NFL team again. If he pleads guilty and saves the city the cost and spectacle of a trial, he might get off with 18 months or two years, but he's going to prison.

Antonio Pierce is probably also going to do time or at least get probation for concealing the gun in his Escalade and, according to reports, hiding it after the event. Bloomberg's also going after the hospital that didn't report the GSW and is trying to figure out if he can get the Giants for something (anything!) for not reporting the crime to the city as soon as they learned about it (thin ice on the latter, but the hospital is in trouble).

Last edited:
A few legal points of clarification:

1) Burress has been charged under two specific portions of the NY gun law. It has nothing to do with the weapon being "concealed," or, as first reported, "unlicensed." The first charge is that he possessed a loaded weapon "with intent to use the same against another." That seems like it is going to be very hard to prove. The second charge, though, is simply that he possessed a loaded firearm outside of his home or place of business. That's a harder one for him to avoid.

2) The sentences are indeed mandatory, so if he gets convicted he will do time. His option would be to plead guilty to a lesser offense with non-mandatory time. Seems like that would be a real gift from the prosecutor, although they might want to avoid a spectacle.

3) Pierce, if the facts being reported are true, could be guilty of more than simply accessory after the fact or something like that. If he took possession of the gun while it was still loaded, he could face the same charge. If he took the weapon from one state to another, he also is likely guilty of federal crimes, if the weapon was loaded or was accessible to the passenger compartment -- that means he must have put it unloaded in the trunk or if there is a pass through from the back seat to the trunk put it in a locked case.

Just for carrying a concealed weapon, he's being charged wtih a Class C felony, which is a minimum of 3-7 years jailtime. Thats not including the other obstruction of justice charges and possibly others. I have a hard time seeing him plead all the way down to a misdemeanor. He's pleading not guilty right now, but they've pretty much got an airtight case against him. I would be very surprised if he got out of jailtime.

As a minor point, the only thing he's been charged with is possession.

In any case, let me join with those who say

do-not-want-dog.jpg

Last edited:
2) The sentences are indeed mandatory, so if he gets convicted he will do time. His option would be to plead guilty to a lesser offense with non-mandatory time. Seems like that would be a real gift from the prosecutor, although they might want to avoid a spectacle.

Mr. Bloomberg does not seem inclined to cooperate there.

3) Pierce, if the facts being reported are true, could be guilty of more than simply accessory after the fact or something like that. If he took possession of the gun while it was still loaded, he could face the same charge. If he took the weapon from one state to another, he also is likely guilty of federal crimes, if the weapon was loaded or was accessible to the passenger compartment -- that means he must have put it unloaded in the trunk or if there is a pass through from the back seat to the trunk put it in a locked case.

:confused: Are you saying this is what he did, or what he would have to have done to be guilty?

Last edited:
Mr. Bloomberg does not seem inclined to cooperate there.

:confused: Are you saying this is what he did, or what he would have to have done to be guilty?

Sorry -- no, I was saying that based on what's being reported, those are the possible charges. To clarify, the report I heard last night on sirius (which I haven't bothered to check or anything) is that after the incident, Pierce took the gun in his SUV somewhere. What I was saying was that if the gun was still loaded if and when he took possession, it would be the same crime as the second charge against Burress. And, if he took it across state lines, he also may be guilty of a federal offense -- if, for example, (1) the gun was still loaded, (2) the gun was not licensed, or (3) even if the gun was unloaded he probably didn't know he had to put it in the trunk to cross state lines.

Last edited:
last week it was trade brady for 10 draft picks, this week it is get all the WR we can because of a mediocre game.

another great thread on this forum

Again i wanted an opinion not saying its gonna happen.

A not-at-all-shockingly, totally predictable ASS-HAT of a thread. The answer is simple: NO. This is not Corey Dillon or Randy Moss. This is a gun-charge after YEARS of violating team-rules under Belichick-alike HC, Tom Coughlin.

Forget it, it will never happen - to the point of making this thread completely ridiculous. In other words, the perfect kind of thread for the current brand of patsfans.com.

Wow turbo take a deep breathe before you pass out from not breathing. It was a questiong to gage who would be interested holy i wasn't saying do it in fact i would be extremely disapointed if they wasted cap space on him.
In other words you need to relax.

I see you are enjoying the wisdom that is "gicksauce". As soon as I read his first post, I knew I had to help spread his wisdom by quoting him in my sig. :D

The only question is: whose quote is better? Mine or your's?

Vet min and his speaking privileges are taken away till further notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye