PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If it’s truly nearing the end of an era...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I for one want to say thank you. No dynasty, no empire, no matter how great or powerful, endures forever. Watching Tom Brady and so many other wonderful players for the past 20 years has been absolutely magical, brought me and so many other fans so much joy. So many wonderful memories that WILL endure forever. If it’s time to turn the page on TB12 then so be it. It may be time for a new group of players to write their chapter in the book that is the New England Patriots. If this is the last year for Brady, I want to enjoy his last couple of games, win or lose. He should be nothing but celebrated and praised for the absolutely spellbinding things he’s done for this franchise. Give it your best in the wild card game guys, no matter what happens, thank you from the bottom of this Patriots fan’s heart! Go Pats!!!

it's nearing the end of a Sunday afternoon...the rest i'll worry about later...We're on to Tennessee...or some team or the other....

it's nearing the end of a Sunday afternoon...the rest i'll worry about later...We're on to Tennessee...or some team or the other....
Yep and I'm hungry.

We don’t look good right now. Let’s see if BB and the crew can make some magic. We’ve sucked worse for longer... have faith!

Can we wait at least one more week before the testament ?

We don’t look good right now. Let’s see if BB and the crew can make some magic. We’ve sucked worse for longer... have faith!
It's not worth the hand-wringing.

Like most I have concerns. I also have seen enough over a 16 game schedule to believe they have a shot and that's all you can ask for this year

It has been a great run. But that run doesn't have to end simply because Brady leaves or retires. We can rebuild and have a chance as long as we play smart, hungry, and stay dedicated to winning above ego. If you can win a championship scoring 13 points, then even Tim Tebow could lead a talented and well-coached franchise to a title.

Stranger things have happened, we might never have reached the SB without a bye but there is a 1st time for everything! This might be the year they do that.

Brady’ll be back healthy next season and they’ll again be a very good team in 2020. Let’s enjoy the postseason and move on to the reminiscing in a couple more years.

Last year was the icing on the cake. Everything else was/is all gravy. And I know that the sports media will rip this team to shreds this week. And shame on them for doing so.

I still have hope and would not bet against Brady. Tennessee (likely opponent) will bring everything including a former defensive player of BB's. I was in Cincinnati a few weeks ago. At the end of the game everyone (including Bengal fans) were chanting "Brady, Brady, Brady". What a ride it's been. It will be truly us against the world, which includes members here.

Last edited:
Even if we lose next week, I won't be upset. I know this has been a difficult year for the offense and the magic may be gone. This team has won 6 out of 9 super bowls...simply amazing.

I like winning ugly... this game was losing ugly. No panic. We need some assets to work with TB. Receivers have to catch and be in the right spot. Josh McD.... I don’t know what to say there... I’d fire my own brother for less...

I still have hope and would not bet against Brady. Tennessee (likely opponent) will bring everything including a former defensive player of BB's. I was in Cincinnati a few weeks ago. At the end of the game everyone (including Bengal fans) were chanting "Brady, Brady, Brady". What a ride it's been. It will be truly us against the world, which includes members here.
Adding Bengals fans to my list of "good" opposing fan bases.

It’s been an incredible 19 years. I remember after the 49ers won 5 SBs in their Dynasty, I was amazed by it. To win 6 is mind boggling, to go to 9 in 18 years is just impossible, but they did that. I’ll forever be in debt to Brady and Belichick for the happiness they brought me.

Way too early for a eulogy. Great sentiments and I share the deeply felt appreciation. But, really, this is premature. Even if they don’t win the SB this year. As the great man once said, “they’re only mostly dead.”

Really needed that extra week to heal the injuries. But you take what you can get. Big question is which team shows up next week, the one that fell to the lowly Phins or the one that outlasted the Bills? Next year's schedule is really tough, so the playoffs may not be an option.

I reject this hypothesis.
an off year.

I reject this hypothesis.
an off year.

You reject that we're nearing the end of the era?

Brady is almost certainly not going to be playing for another 5 years. There's no realistic way to conclude anything other than this era is coming to an end. Sure I'd love him to surprise us all and have a resurgence and play until 2025 or something but relative to the length of his career even that would constitute nearing the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back