PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Gronk “shoots his way out of town”. Trades I would love to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This annoying non commitment to Football has to wear on the Pats F.O. If you think of retiring either one you are gone, or two it is a guise.

If the Pats are no longer fun because, ...........you know it still is a job, then Trade Gronk to a fun place.

It has been discussed that the Pats could not get fair value for perhaps the best TE ever. I think they can. Rosenhaus has his hand in this no doubt. How about going to the Patriots west? The 49ers.

Scenario:

Pats trade-

Rob Gronkowski TE CAP $8MM 2018, $9MM 2019

Elandon Robets ILB (Why? The Niners need ILB in case Reuben Foster gets suspended. Roberts was NE starter) Rookie Deal in CAP

1st Round pick #31

49ers trade-

Joe Staley OT CAP $10.8MM w/roster bonus 2018, $8,8MM with roster bonus 2019

George Kittle TE (6’4” and 250. 43 catches and 2 TD’s in rookie season) Rookie Deal in CAP

1st Round pick #9

Pats Why?

Gronk can move to west coast to do his movies. Jimmy G would target him frequently and they have familiarity.. So Rosenhaus can get an extension from Lynch and signing bonus that we cannot afford.

Kittle is a nice young TE but I would still Draft Goedert. Great pair of young TE’s…..cheap! Goedert has a lot of Gronk in him. Will he be that? Who knows, but we have the Draft capital to get him.

Staley’s contract has two years. He is an upgrade on Solder and only two years older. Do Staley and TB walk off in the sunset together as Hall Of Famers in two years? Trade makes the Pats Team better. Staley is more affordable than Solder. Don’t want Gronk if his heart is not here.

Hightower return lessens Roberts snaps.

CAP stuff about evens out.

The Pats are in hurry up mode to get TB to another SB.

Staley is much more durable than Gronk.

With move up to pick #9, BB can still drop down to pick up good value from maybe Cards who would jump Dolphins and Bills for Mayfield or Allen, with Cards pick #15 1nd #47

Point values:

Pick #9=1,350

Pick #15=1,050

Pick #47=430

OR!!! Maybe the Pats take Mayfield or Allen at #9?*

Niners why?

The Niners might need to match the aggressiveness of the Rams. Gronk changes the playing field in the NFC West.

I am sure Gronk and Jimmy G. would be a dynamic match up.

The Niners can afford to extend Gronk for whatever he wants. They have $42mm in CAP still.

SF more of a party town than Foxborough!! So a smiling Gronk. No retire B.S.

Spare tire in the trunk (Roberts) if Foster implodes or suspended.

The Niners don’t lose a first rounder. End of Draft 1st rounder might still have Teams looking at Mason Rudolph or Jackson, so Niners can obtain Draft capital.

Trent Brown is a good young OT they can move to LT.

The Niners would be looking for a Staley replacement anyway sooner rather than later.

The Niners do Staley a solid by getting him to the Pats even though the Niners are ascending.

The Niners own the best TE in the game.

I guess what is more important; protecting Brady and his health with an All Pro OT, or giving him one of the best TE ever to target? We have won a SB without Gronk because of injury. Gronk is always an injury risk.

I would not want to see Gronk go, But fair trade for both Teams.

Rather keep Gronk but...........

Thoughts? Not a first but kind of. Do it?

DW Toys
*Irony!

Last edited:
There are no circumstances I'd like to see Gronk traded. He is one of if not thee biggest mismatch for any team on defense.

If it had to happen I'd want a lot more than some #9 pick and a subpar te who may not even make it in this league. Joe Staley? No thanks.

If you like Staley, why not simply made our first for him, straight up?

This annoying non commitment to Football has to wear on the Pats F.O. If you think of retiring either one you are gone, or two it is a guise.

If the Pats are no longer fun because, ...........you know it still is a job, then Trade Gronk to a fun place.

It has been discussed that the Pats could not get fair value for perhaps the best TE ever. I think they can. Rosenhaus has his hand in this no doubt. How about going to the Patriots west? The 49ers.

Scenario:

Pats trade-

Rob Gronkowski TE CAP $8MM 2018, $9MM 2019

Elandon Robets ILB (Why? The Niners need ILB in case Reuben Foster gets suspended. Roberts was NE starter) Rookie Deal in CAP

1st Round pick #31

49ers trade-

Joe Staley OT CAP $10.8MM w/roster bonus 2018, $8,8MM with roster bonus 2019

George Kittle TE (6’4” and 250. 43 catches and 2 TD’s in rookie season) Rookie Deal in CAP

1st Round pick #9

Pats Why?

Gronk can move to west coast to do his movies. Jimmy G would target him frequently and they have familiarity.. So Rosenhaus can get an extension from Lynch and signing bonus that we cannot afford.

Kittle is a nice young TE but I would still Draft Goedert. Great pair of young TE’s…..cheap! Goedert has a lot of Gronk in him. Will he be that? Who knows, but we have the Draft capital to get him.

Staley’s contract has two years. He is an upgrade on Solder and only two years older. Do Staley and TB walk off in the sunset together as Hall Of Famers in two years? Trade makes the Pats Team better. Staley is more affordable than Solder. Don’t want Gronk if his heart is not here.

Hightower return lessens Roberts snaps.

CAP stuff about evens out.

The Pats are in hurry up mode to get TB to another SB.

Staley is much more durable than Gronk.

With move up to pick #9, BB can still drop down to pick up good value from maybe Cards who would jump Dolphins and Bills for Mayfield or Allen, with Cards pick #15 1nd #47

Point values:

Pick #9=1,350

Pick #15=1,050

Pick #47=430

OR!!! Maybe the Pats take Mayfield or Allen at #9?*

Niners why?

The Niners might need to match the aggressiveness of the Rams. Gronk changes the playing field in the NFC West.

I am sure Gronk and Jimmy G. would be a dynamic match up.

The Niners can afford to extend Gronk for whatever he wants. They have $42mm in CAP still.

SF more of a party town than Foxborough!! So a smiling Gronk. No retire B.S.

Spare tire in the trunk (Roberts) if Foster implodes or suspended.

The Niners don’t lose a first rounder. End of Draft 1st rounder might still have Teams looking at Mason Rudolph or Jackson, so Niners can obtain Draft capital.

Trent Brown is a good young OT they can move to LT.

The Niners would be looking for a Staley replacement anyway sooner rather than later.

The Niners do Staley a solid by getting him to the Pats even though the Niners are ascending.

The Niners own the best TE in the game.

I guess what is more important; protecting Brady and his health with an All Pro OT, or giving him one of the best TE ever to target? We have won a SB without Gronk because of injury. Gronk is always an injury risk.

I would not want to see Gronk go, But fair trade for both Teams.

Rather keep Gronk but...........

Thoughts? Not a first but kind of. Do it?

DW Toys
*Irony!

Don’t get dealing Staley from the niners prospective. They just paid their future, why take away from his protection?

Don’t get dealing Staley from the niners prospective. They just paid their future, why take away from his protection?

Trade off? They have a good young Tackle in Brown who has played LT for Staley (eye).

I said twice do not want to trade Gronk, but that is up to BB. Think Seymour still in his prime for a single first rounder thought to be low, but GUESS WHAT.....not, and Collins who was an irritant to BB.

Would anyone be shocked if we went on line in ten minutes and Gronk was traded? Nope.

A trade would have to be realistic. It has to have each side feel some pain or it does not work (unless the Jimmy G. trade where some other Team was giddy).

Issues:
Gronk has lowered his trade value by saying "retire". Hurts the Team.

He has made it perfectly clear since the beginning of last year that the Pats coaching stall would not give in to him as to how he trains because his name is not TB so therefor he is whining.

The talking heads say we will never get full value for Gronk.

They laugh when we suggest a couple first rounders.

Gronk has missed plenty of time with injuries from even college. It causes Teams to pause.

I think he is a good kid, but he is one exuberant party from a cell phone video and suspension, or #metoo phony "young lady" trying to nail him for$$$$$. Would that surprise anyone here?

Gronk is going to command OBJ type money or close to it. A the least he will want a nominal extension. We don't have that CAP.

Is his sullenness going to become a cancer ala Collins?

Do we take a 3rd Round Comp and call it a day?

OR do we try to think outside the box to maximize the deal?

DW Toys

lalala-shut-up-gif.gif

Straight up, Gronk for Aaron Donald

DW - I don't think you've considered where Gronk is coming from. He's taken a lot of abuse week after week during his career. Defenders are constantly gunning for his knees because they can't man up and tackle him normally as they're to afraid to get trucked. He's without question the best TE in NFL history yet he's the 4th highest paid TE in the NFL right now. That is unacceptable. I can accept that they couldn't pay Jimmy G and that's why they traded him. I cannot accept, however, them trading both Jimmy G and Gronk. Brady doesn't have the time he had when he lost Branch and Givens.

Regarding the trade, the Pats are already giving up too much by swapping picks. You will never get equal for a talent like Gronk. Pats need to just pay him and move on.

DW - I don't think you've considered where Gronk is coming from. He's taken a lot of abuse week after week during his career. Defenders are constantly gunning for his knees because they can't man up and tackle him normally as they're to afraid to get trucked. He's without question the best TE in NFL history yet he's the 4th highest paid TE in the NFL right now. That is unacceptable. I can accept that they couldn't pay Jimmy G and that's why they traded him. I cannot accept, however, them trading both Jimmy G and Gronk. Brady doesn't have the time he had when he lost Branch and Givens.

Regarding the trade, the Pats are already giving up too much by swapping picks. You will never get equal for a talent like Gronk. Pats need to just pay him and move on.

You are preaching to the choir. I agree. He is the best. Will he be over cautious if he is "concerned" about his body? That leads to more injury in many cases.

Is Gronk losing his passion for the game?

Is there a major rift between he and the coaches that are repairable?

All above are disconcerting.

Or it could all be B.S. and Gronk being tongue in cheek and laughing his ass off.

Don't want to trade Gronk but two things.
If he is whining about how things are done here and how unhappy he is, BB will trade him in a minute and the return (as we all can see) is never what we think is fair on this forum.

Because he used the "R" word, chances of getting a first rounder are slim and none.....unless the Pats give Rosenhaus permission to set up a new deal on the inquiring Team.

The pundits have stated we need to build Draft Capital because we have holes. Everyone knows on this forum, Trades and FA are more valuable to me because you have an NFL history on said player, real NFL tape and the Draft is speculatory at best.

My theory is we get a Pro Bowl LT who can protect Brady and an upside from Solder that falls into our lap, he is priced reasonably, then you get a TE who is young and you know he is NFL ready. The cherry is the Draft board manipulation.

Rather have Gronk? Yes But the shopping pool of interested parties has been poisoned so you need to come up with Plan B.....if, as I say, this was not all B.S.

So Gronk for a veteran All pro in Staley who still is reasonably priced, and an upgrade from Solder (only two years difference), A young up and coming TE, a top ten Draft pick that could be made into a few picks and even a couple first rounders. The League dictates that a premier LT is worth more than a TE. Obviously Gronk is a special case.

DW Toys

If Gronk, Brady or anyone else doesn't want to be here I'll be deeply disappointed to see them go. But, if they don't want to be here, I don't want them here. I can't believe I've actually written that, but things have evolved to a point where that's how I feel.

If Gronk, Brady or anyone else doesn't want to be here I'll be deeply disappointed to see them go. But, if they don't want to be here, I don't want them here. I can't believe I've actually written that, but things have evolved to a point where that's how I feel.
I feel exactly the same. You can't get a superior effort from a player who wants out. See Jamie Collins.
Brandon Spikes said the same thing....but then he wanted back in. Deion Branch the same. He blackmailed the Pats to leave then....made a mistake. The grass is always greener.
DW Toys

If we are trading him because we aren’t sure if he’ll play, why is someone trading for him? Pick would have to be conditional, and if he is playing then we’d want him..

If we are trading him because we aren’t sure if he’ll play, why is someone trading for him? Pick would have to be conditional, and if he is playing then we’d want him..
I listed the other factors. So not only if he wants to play.
DW Toys

This whole thing reminds me of the Jete fans who had no problem giving Mevis 25 million up front and then whining because he was only making a couple of million the next year. It still added up to 13 mil per year.

I find it very acceptable to have Gronk as the 4th highest paid TE in the entire NYFL. If he didn't like 4th then he shouldn't have signed on the dotted line when he did. He doesn't have the ammo to shoot his way out of town.

I feel exactly the same. You can't get a superior effort from a player who wants out. See Jamie Collins.
Brandon Spikes said the same thing....but then he wanted back in. Deion Branch the same. He blackmailed the Pats to leave then....made a mistake. The grass is always greener.
DW Toys

The grass actually was greener in Philly for LGB and Chris Long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down