PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Damien Harris continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking out loud, and this is all depending on his health, but we could do a lot worse than Sony as our #2. Just my opinion. Would like Burkhead back as well. Those 3 with Taylor as your 3rd down receiving threat would not be too bad.
Imagine how good that crew could be if there was a passing game to take some pressure off. Do your best to sign a true #1 WR in the offseason (Golladay or Robinson), Edelman bounceback, Jakobi and a mid round guy and your WR core doesnt look so bad.
TE.....I’ve got nothing but hope and pray Asiasi and Keene take major soph jumps.
No James White?

there's no reason to dump michel....he doesn't make much and would only save 600k on the cap......you'll have to spend more for another RB....I like having guys in their contract year
Logic and a clear thought out explanation based on the players skill level and where they are in their current contract is not exactly the posters strong suit, so no point in breaking it down for him. He knows what he knows.

Harris changed the Patriots season definite legit NFL running back great compliment to Burkhead's style

He is a stud for sure, just have to keep him healthy and lighten the load a bit. Agree with him looking like our best back since 2004, he is something special.

Harris is a different kind of back than Lewis. Lewis could be a great complimentary back, good receiver out of the backfield, and a kick returner, had a ton of moves, escapability. Harris is a #1 back, that's what he needs to be effective, to get 15-20 carries a game. But he certainly has proven to be the real deal. Averaging 5.5 yards per carry is no joke. Though Cam is the short yardage, goal line RB. Burkhead is pretty decent at goal line as well. Harris and Burkhead run HARD, I love that, tough to defend.

Last edited:
No James White?
D@**it. Knew I forgot someone. Definitely JW back. DH really helps out this group in allowing the others to fit into certain roles. Think it is a deep position depending on JW and RB re-signing. JW probably the tougher to replace although Burkhead has been playing well this year.

Harris is a different kind of back than Lewis. Lewis could be a great complimentary back, good receiver out of the backfield, and a kick returner, had a ton of moves, escapability. Harris is a #1 back, that's what he needs to be effective, to get 15-20 carries a game. But he certainly has proven to be the real deal. Averaging 5.5 yards per carry is no joke. Though Cam is the short yardage, goal line RB. Burkhead is pretty decent at goal line as well. Harris and Burkhead run HARD, I love that, tough to defend.
All true

Maybe not quite cat-like quick, but with a bit of rhino-like power, and defintely with some junkyard dog attitude mixed in.

Just thinking out loud, and this is all depending on his health, but we could do a lot worse than Sony as our #2. Just my opinion. Would like Burkhead back as well. Those 3 with Taylor as your 3rd down receiving threat would not be too bad.
Imagine how good that crew could be if there was a passing game to take some pressure off. Do your best to sign a true #1 WR in the offseason (Golladay or Robinson), Edelman bounceback, Jakobi and a mid round guy and your WR core doesnt look so bad.
TE.....I’ve got nothing but hope and pray Asiasi and Keene take major soph jumps.
If I ahve to choose, I would rather have White back than Burkhead. I would certainly be fine with all of them coming back.,

I'll preface by saying the run blocking has been very good lately and it will be interesting to see how Sony does when he returns.

With that being said, Harris is a bad***. He runs angry, but isn't reckless, explodes through the hole and through the blocks given to him. Harris ran over Queen and Wolfe twice which started to irritate Wolfe giving Harris a shove later in the game. The dude is going to be a star.

He deserves more TDs - he only has 1 rushing TD so far. The problem is at the goal line Cam just takes it himself after Harris does all the work.
Probably because Cam on the goal line is higher percentage than any of our RB’s on the goal line.

I love this kid. Probably posted already but below in case not posted yet. This kid sounds like a leader. Extremely level headed and also saying all the right things. I'm sold. I hope Damien Harris is a Patriot through 2030.

I think people sell the OL short.......Onwenu completed the starting 5.......all mobile, all good in the run game.......granted, we are basically using guards as tackles, but why look a gift horse in the mouth? it's good for the running game as long as we don't fall far behind

Probably because Cam on the goal line is higher percentage than any of our RB’s on the goal line.

Maybe, but gotta give the kid a chance. And why risk Cam getting hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes