PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brady decides to retire he won't beat around the bush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpelton

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just my opinion. One thing we've always known about TB12 is that he's decisive. He will at least do his team and his fans the courtesy of announcing his decision quickly. He won't leave people in the dark for very long. I expect to hear one way or the other from Brady's own mouth by the end of February at the latest.

I do expect him to wait any announcement until after the Superbowl so as not to steal the thunder from teams still contending. So we won't know for sure one way or another until the earliest a few days after the season officially ends. But if he decides to move on he'll make that decision very soon after the Superbowl ends IMHO, as soon as he feels it's polite to do so without drawing too much attention away from whoever wins.

Just my opinion. One thing we've always known about TB12 is that he's decisive. He will at least do his team and his fans the courtesy of announcing his decision quickly. He won't leave people in the dark for very long. I expect to hear one way or the other from Brady's own mouth by the end of February at the latest.

I do expect him to wait any announcement until after the Superbowl so as not to steal the thunder from teams still contending. So we won't know for sure one way or another until the earliest a few days after the season officially ends. But if he decides to move on he'll make that decision very soon after the Superbowl ends IMHO, as soon as he feels it's polite to do so without drawing too much attention away from whoever wins.

Teams A Good QB away should be lining up.:cool:

Do people not believe Brady when he has stated at least a dozen times in the past month his goal is to continue playing?

Apparently

Brady is not retiring.

He should also not be wearing another teams jersey next season.

So now we’re starting threads stating our opinion on when Tom will make a decision?

Why?

Do people not believe Brady when he has stated at least a dozen times in the past month his goal is to continue playing?

Apparently

That may be his stated goal, but spoken before his wife, mom & dad have voiced their 'off-season' input which may indeed influence his decision.

His mommy and daddy’s input?
Don’t project your issues?

He's decided already and made it 100% clear. He will play, in the right situation.

Apparently
this is a situation where no news is good news, obviously.

My point is, if he goes the other way he'll tell us quickly. This won't be a Brett Favre will-he won't-he situation, and he won't drop a retirement on us at the last possible second like Andrew Luck did for the Colts.

If we don't hear something by a couple weeks after the superbowl, we will know 100% that Brady is still playing. Right now there's room for a tiny sliver of doubt after a disappointing playoff. Either way, though, he won't drag it out.

So now we’re starting threads stating our opinion on when Tom will make a decision?

Why?
Tom's already made the decision. The question is, when we'd definitely find out if it's the decision we're hoping for. And if he made the other one we'll probably know within a couple weeks of the Superbowl. No news by then, means that the people are right and the noises Brady's making now actually mean he intends to stick around.

Tom's already made the decision. The question is, when we'd definitely find out if it's the decision we're hoping for. And if he made the other one we'll probably know within a couple weeks of the Superbowl. No news by then, means that the people are right and the noises Brady's making now actually mean he intends to stick around.
Ok, and 100% of that is beyond our control. In my opinion, it nothing to stress over. Some news, no news or any news isn’t something I’d spend time mulling over in my head.

So I’ll do what everyone will do and that’s patiently wait until there is news.

You don’t know Tom Brady. I don’t know why people feel the need to give a psychological analysis of athletes they don’t know to moralize about how they will behave. Brady could string us along and retire 2mins before opening kicking and this fanbase will still be in the red to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes