PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If BB Decides For a RB . . . Cedric Benson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If BB Decides For a RB . . .

Well wonder if he will take a RB in the first round. As it would be nice to have one that not just runs the ball. But also can catch and maybe block as well.

We need a RB that can hit the home run which is what Maroney and Taylor were supposed to be. Lawfirm is a great singles hitter, but you aren't going to see him running away from anyone.

As far as blocking and receiving, it is nice, but that's what we have Woody and Faulk for.

In '07, Maroney took over the S.D. game in the playoffs. It was the last of a good stretch of games for him. As for 2008, it's tough to say Maroney was anything, since he was trying to play with a broken shoulder and ended up only playing 3 games.

Oh the 06-07 season... Four years ago and one game.. That's exactly my point

ugh.. cedric benson is the most boring RB ive ever seen. please do not bring him in

he is not any better then BJGE and will want more money so why go affter him

I can see one more guy to fill out the "committee" with the "in-space" RB, but BJGE took care of business admirably this season. We all want that "special" back, just like every team wishes they had a "special" QB, but far fewer do than you hear. Packers, Falcons, Eagles... maybe. Pats, Colts, Saints, definitely. Who else? Same thing with seeing a Ray Rice or a Jamaal Charles and thinking "let's get us one a them." Easier said than done.

That said, it's nice to have a system and a QB that can fire on all eight even if the running threat is a threat of 5 or 10 yards rather than 50 yards in a carry. You still have to respect the run, which opens up the PA pass. The Pats have used a methodical dink and dunk pass attack to great effect most of their best years, basically substituting for the run. We've at least got the credible threat to set that up, which is typically all the Pats need. BJGE > Antowain Smith.

However, I'll stipulate ahead of time, Corey Dillon (2004) > BJGE

Everyone realizes that NE was second in the league in rushing touchdowns right? And that BJGE was second in rushing touchdowns among players? I am ok with bringing in a guy like Pierre Thomas to add depth to the position. but come draft time, lets address the weaknesses this team has that has hurt them in the playoffs for the last number of years: Depth at OL, DL and a pashrushing OLB. We are fine at RB. It's the least of our problems.

No thanks on Benson. He's just like BJGE. Except older, slower, softer, and more expensive.

Yes please on Pierre Thomas. Perfect compliment to the guys they already have. Only knock is he gets hurt a lot, but hopefully in a RBBC with the other two that would be less of an issue, and should push his price down, certainly when compared to what it would take to get a DeAngelo Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes