PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If available would the Pats take Jaylon Smith and redshirt him this year..

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
not even sure he would last this long, but would this former very high draft pick be a good fit for the Pats?? He will need this year to recover from his ACL & MCL surgery.. he is a tad small for our lb pedigree.

And if available would BB draft him at 60 or 61??

It would provide the opportunity for another big FU to Roger, as he was at one time considered in the top 10.

Is he a bust or just busted???

Curran has a take on him...

This year's NFL Draft wild card, Jaylon Smith

Last edited:
I don't know and I hope not. Not much of a fu if he can't ever play again.

Cf8V0kUUkAAZaQc.jpg

He's not that small, and with a full NFL season under his belt, he has room in his frame to add some bulk without losing any of his athleticism.

I love the player, and I've been going back in forth for awhile on this. On one end, there's other positions on the roster i want filled, the other I know nerve damage is terrible, but this kid would have been a top 5 pick if he never suffered the injury. We've wasted second round picks before on guys that just couldn't play (Chad Jackson) and guys that weren't that very good, outside ST (Tavon Wilson)

If BB and co were to use a second rd pick on him, I wouldn't be mad. And if he's their with one of our thirds ID take him.

Seems like with the release of Easley, trading Chandler, and with the DT/ interior linemen we've brought in those guys seem more like 2 gap space eaters than attack the qb, up field,penetrators. If that's the case that's gonna free up our LB's to make more plays. If that's the case, then yes I absolutely want Jaylon Smith.

I wouldn't touch him until the back end of day three. But it will depend on the facts of his medicals, not the rumours at the end of the day.

Last edited:
I'd like to see him no higher than the 4th round. Without a 1st round pick and only 5 next year, it takes away the ability to gamble a little bit. But I obviously have no idea about what's actually in his medical reports...

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back