PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idleless thoughts: The none edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"They're still working on adjusting to the new rule" would have been (and was) a fine excuse in September. It is now 10 games into the regular season. They need to admit this idea didn't work.
Why is the best ST group in football so far behind the other weak ST groups?

"They're still working on adjusting to the new rule" would have been (and was) a fine excuse in September. It is now 10 games into the regular season. They need to admit this idea didn't work.

What is your point ? That they should just stop working on an entire aspect of the game ?

Did you see me using this as an excuse somewhere ? I clearly said they have been dogshit but given all the practice restrictions and how you really don't even wanna have full speed collisions there what exactly is the alternative ?

Should they stop trying to work on TE coverage as well since it is clearly not working ? I mean how do people here think improvement happens ?

What is your point ? That they should just stop working on an entire aspect of the game ?

Did you see me using this as an excuse somewhere ? I clearly said they have been dogshit but given all the practice restrictions and how you really don't even wanna have full speed collisions there what exactly is the alternative ?

Should they stop trying to work on TE coverage as well since it is clearly not working ? I mean how do people here think improvement happens ?

Yes, in that they should give up. No, in that it is no longer an aspect of the game. I now understand why people were crying about the new rules "intending to eliminate the kickoff". That has become a reality--one which our staff refuses to acknowledge. There's nothing to practice. What they are attempting is no longer realistic. Should they practice throwing long bombs every play too because getting that right would theoretically make our scoring way better? Of course not, because no amount of practice will make that a viable offense.

I get that usually our team is capable of being on the cutting edge with rule changes. By conventional knowledge, if a team is going to overcome the new rule, it's the Patriots. Unfortunately this time it's been a bust.

Why would they ?

Because it isn't working and they can't keep giving teams starting positions at midfield or better.

I like Deb's idea of working on it when they the lead or at least control of the game.

Pats release Barner to make room for CB from PS I think.

Brady's performance has nothing to do with age although its the easy theory. He has had bad/worse games before vs pees/ravens. Happens.
That's how I feel. He has been off for several games this season but I don't see age as the factor. We aren't talking Peyton Manning falling off a cliff with a suddenly weak arm.

Physically Brady seems the same. But he just seems uncomfortable right now with this offense. Hopefully the operation improves as a whole because it's really everybody out there (with the exception of White).

Brady's needs more time to throw. Or he needs a healthy Edelman and Gronk over the middle. If the OL is healthy for the playoffs, then we'll be in fine shape. And yes, we need to have a healthy White and Michel. And yes, we need a healthy Edelman or Gronk.

That's how I feel. He has been off for several games this season but I don't see age as the factor. We aren't talking Peyton Manning falling off a cliff with a suddenly weak arm.

Physically Brady seems the same. But he just seems uncomfortable right now with this offense. Hopefully the operation improves as a whole because it's really everybody out there (with the exception of White).

Because it isn't working and they can't keep giving teams starting positions at midfield or better.

I like Deb's idea of working on it when they the lead or at least control of the game.

I would rather have them use any chance to work on it now where there are zero consequences than being in a situation in the playoffs where they are not prepared and a single mistake has the potential to literally end the season.

You want the reps to be as close in intensity and stress level as possible to the real thing. Practicing it 2 scores up has a different tone to it than when the game is totally open or you are behind and need that spark.

But, whatever, I could not care less about how they do it as long as one way or the other those returns are gone when post season starts.

I think the offense improves when McD and Brady can stop making Gordon and White such major focal points of the passing attack. Gronk & Michel getting healthy and Burkhead returning should help that. Still, Hogan could have been targeted a bit more the last couple games. Dorsett did well the last couple games, going 5/5 for 48 yds and 4 1st downs, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots