PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Idle Thoughts: The "why do I feel so bad about a 23 pt. victory" edition.

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Just to put your mind at peace (albeit 2 days late)

1. There was/is nothing worrying with how players played on DL. God, Guy, Davis did decent job at what they were asked to do. Barmore played through injury and he was used less. If you actually watch the tape you will see that the game plan was to invite inside run. IDL was wide spread and many times it was 9 TEN run blockers vs 7 box D of NE. Do the math. Both TEN lines did great job, even better than most of the season.
More on all that in separate post. Also if you go back and watch the tape you will def. not want Shelton (or even Branch outside that one season) to step in for God or any other DL of this D for that matter.

We need a 0/1-Tech... and unlike Carl Davis, a good one... I also don't know that I wouldn't want even 2021 Danny Shelton to step in for Davis right now...

We need a 0/1-Tech... and unlike Carl Davis, a good one... I also don't know that I wouldn't want even 2021 Danny Shelton to step in for Davis right now...
I think we need a tackling machine lb more. Hightower is good but he was once elite and Bentley is Bentley. Our inside linebackers look like garbage when you compare them to other teams with more athletic linebackers. Our defense would be on another level if we had a guy like Tremaine Edmunds.

Carl Davis is fat and strong enough for us to not be completely manhandled in the trenches. That is good enough most of the time. Davis isn't too far off from Shelton imo. We haven't had a dominant dt since Hicks and Alan Branch. Those guys seem hard to find. Davis is probably the best we can do for awhile.

Since the questions are drifting to the DL, it isn't too early to ask @BaconGrundleCandy if there is a Vince, or Ted Clone who could BE that 2 gap run stopper that DEMANDED a double team and could hold his own. Godcheaux is getting better at it, but I don't think he's big enough to be THAT guy

At any rate we will see this week if our defense CAN stop the run consistently. We will see if last week was just an anomaly or defensive strategy or whatever. The Bills don't run the ball well, but after last week, they SURE are going to try this week.

Since the questions are drifting to the DL, it isn't too early to ask @BaconGrundleCandy if there is a Vince, or Ted Clone who could BE that 2 gap run stopper that DEMANDED a double team and could hold his own. Godcheaux is getting better at it, but I don't think he's big enough to be THAT guy

At any rate we will see this week if our defense CAN stop the run consistently. We will see if last week was just an anomaly or defensive strategy or whatever. The Bills don't run the ball well, but after last week, they SURE are going to try this week.
he had them already listed

I would really like Jordan Davis as NT, has also some good speed for such a big guy in open field, he would be a great addition to Barmore and Judon

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back