PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'd rather play the Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short answer is this. Denver is a very good team. They haven't improved much since we played them. We have improved both in personnel and in quality of play.

I say we have a much better chance of beating them now then we did back them.

Heads we win, tails Colts lose...

The steelers are going to Indy.

If they win (and we do too), the AFCCG is in Foxboro.

If the Colts win, they will be beatup, sore and walking wounded after a very physical session with the Steel City roughnecks...

Either way the Pats benefit. And Denvers passing game is not as awesome as the Colts (or Bengals was) Our rushing defense against thier rushing Offense is strength against strtength

JoeSixPat said:
Ditto Bob - beyond the reasons why I don't like Denver, I just can't come up with a reason not to take on Indy sooner rather than later
Beyond the fact that I prefer to play the Steelers in New England rather than Indy in Indy, the Steelers will beat up physically in the finesse Colts win or lose.

Last year in Pittsburgh we got devastated with injuries during the regular season, this year Rodney's season ended against the Steelers as did carson Palmer's.

Let the Steelers whoop up on the Colts.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Nice to see the work Patsfan37, Pats1, and I did appreciated and pay off for the post season.

That was a different team that played Denver.

Vrabel started his first game at ILB for this game.
We had an injured Starks buying time for the coaches.
Sanders was injured in the first half and Freeman took over.
Wilson was learning how to lead.
Colvin was still not up to speed at OLB.
Wilfork was still playing patty cake with the Centers.
Green was playing for Seymour (and may have had his shoulder injury too).
Kazcur and Mankins were playing their 6th pro games and Kaz his 3rd start.
Gorin was inactive with an injury.
Faulk was out.
Watson was still learning how to be a Patriot TE.
Hawkins hadn't joined the team.
Stone hadn't joined the team.
Davis had been released and would be re-signed later.
Pass was playing hurt.
Dillon was in pads and inactive.
Zeroue was our only healthy back.
Poteat hadn't been re-signed yet.
Gay was playing on a bum ankle.
Bruschi was on PUP.

The bad news, our blocking demon Graham was healthy then.

Heath Evans hadn't joined the team either.

AzPatsFan said:
The steelers are going to Indy.

If they win (and we do too), the AFCCG is in Foxboro.

If the Colts win, they will be beatup, sore and walking wounded after a very physical session with the Steel City roughnecks...

Either way the Pats benefit. And Denvers passing game is not as awesome as the Colts (or Bengals was) Our rushing defense against thier rushing Offense is strength against strtength

PLUS ... don't forget we will get one EXTRA DAY of rest since we play on Saturday while Indy/Pits play on Sunday.

I don't care who we play next. To be the best we've got to beat the best. Denver is a tremendous challenge and I'm looking forward to it.

As it's set up right now, if the seeding holds to form, to be champions we'll need to beat a 12-4 team (done), a 13-3 team, and then two 14-2 teams. I'd expect nothing less for a team attempting to make history.

The odds are stacked against us but we're the f.cking Patriots and all we do is win Super Bowls. Bring on the Broncos!!!!!!!!!!

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
PYPER said:
I don't care who we play next. To be the best we've got to beat the best. Denver is a tremendous challenge and I'm looking forward to it.

As it's set up right now, if the seeding holds to form, to be champions we'll need to beat a 12-4 team (done), a 13-3 team, and then two 14-2 teams. I'd expect nothing less for a team attempting to make history.

The odds are stacked against us but we're the f.cking Patriots and all we do is win Super Bowls. Bring on the Broncos!!!!!!!!!!

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Moving past the Howard Dean imitation...

Yes, I agree - if you're going to call yourself Champion, you have to come in through the front door.

There are a few keys to beating the Broncos, and I believe they are specific to this match-up.

1.) Our offensive line must control and contain their defensive line. Oh, they're all big, strong guys, and they'll doubtless make a few plays (!), but the keys here are to protect Brady and make sure any plays the D-line makes are low-impact plays.

2.) With Plummer, you want to keep him in the pocket, and collapse the pocket as quickly as possible. Denver likes to run bootlegs for Plummer, and they have been effective in the past. To stop this nonsense the Pats must have either Colvin or McGinest chasing him down on these plays, forcing the play before it has a chance to develop. A lot of these bootleg plays turn into flea-flickers, which the DB's must be aware of.

The success of these bootlegs is less that the WRs are getting separation than Plummer having plenty of time to set up. Belichik has defensed more potent offensive machines than this, so I have no doubt he'll have something designed for this.

3.) Going against conventional wisdom, the Pats and Brady must use the pass to set up the run. The idea here, of course, is to spread the defense by spreading the offense. This will work if done properly. Once the linebackers see that they must honor Brady's playcalling, this will open up avenues, maybe lots of them, for Faulk, Dillon and Pass.

4.) Hit! Hit! Hit! And then Hit! some more! Want to level the playing field at Invesco Field at Mile High? This is the way to do it.

I invite your comments....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back