Palm Beach Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I'll start.

I won't mind it if we trade up from #23 to get Roquan Smith, if he slides past #10.

I won't mind it if we trade up from #23 to get Vita Vea if he slides past #15.

I really can't make such a statement about a possible first round QB.

Feel free to propose a move up from later picks too, for your favorite sliding binky.

(edit: I LOVE Chubb too but I can't see him sliding past #6 or so.)

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind trading back from 31 to get some 4th and 5 round picks, one of the targets there being Ian Thomas, TE.

I would trade up for Denzel Ward if he somehow makes it past the Packers at 14. I think he starts as a rookie opposite of Gilmore, and has the potential to be a tier 1 starter for his career.

I'd go up for Rosen, Fitzpatrick, Smith, Vea, and Edmonds if anyone of them drop below 12th. But I'd be ok with trading the 23 for a high 2nd and 3rd. That would make Friday a pleasurable follow.

I won't mind it if we trade up from 23 & 63 to get Vita Vea, if he slides past 14.

I also won't mind it if we trade up from 23 & 31 to get Bradley Chubb, if he slides past 8.

Those are the only 2 I'm trading up for on Thursday.

I get a feeling that we will trade up for someone that all the mocks say we didn't need to trade up for. I hope that I am wrong.

I get a feeling that we will trade up for someone that all the mocks say we didn't need to trade up for. I hope that I am wrong.

Who do you have in mind? You never know who teams might covet; it's quite possible that someone we think would be available in the 2nd / 3rd will go in the mid 20s. We don't miss a lot in the 1st, which is a comfort to me.

Who do you have in mind? You never know who teams might covet; it's quite possible that someone we think would be available in the 2nd / 3rd will go in the mid 20s. We don't miss a lot in the 1st, which is a comfort to me.
I fear the trade-up to get Lamar Jackson before Arizona picks him. I would not mind him so much at 23 or 31, so I guess it would not be the end of the world, but I really hate to give up extra for an asset with no near-term on-field return.

Well just FYI if you go by the typical draft value chart. The most likely options are.

23<760>+31<600> =1360 (9th), 23+43<470> = 1130 (14th), 23+63<276> = 1036 (16th).

Also personally I would rather not trade up in this draft. I believe the Pats with have a great prospect who i rate very highly fall to them at 23 without giving up anything.

Last edited:
Well just FYI if you go by the typical draft value chart. The most likely options are.

23<760>+31<600> =1360 (9th), 23+43<470> = 1130 (14th), 23+63<276> = 1036 (16th).

Also personally I would rather not trade up in this draft. I believe the Pats with have a great prospect who i rate very highly fall to them at 23 without giving up anything.

I would if one of the blue chip players falls into the teens. It is interesting that 23 + 31 lines up exactly with the 49ers.

Do I need to answer this?

Maybe they'll throw in a 5th since they owe us for Jimmy. :cool:

Chubb, Rosen and Roquan are probably the only people I’d countenance making that trade up for and even then, it’s a lot. I wouldn’t do it for a CB like Ward because Alexander is probably still on the board at that point. Maybe a little later for Ward and James.

I would if one of the blue chip players falls into the teens. It is interesting that 23 + 31 lines up exactly with the 49ers.

The only reason i don't want to trade up is cause i believe Hurst will be there at 23 and I can see no reason he shouldn't be a top 10 pick. Also I would hate to trade up 14 spots for Smith if they could get who i think is an equally impactful player at 15-20 in Landry and only to miss out on Hurst who i want maybe more than anyone in this draft. I see a lot of Aaron Donald in his tape.

The only player I feel truly comfortable trading up for when I feel a blue chip guy will fall to us anyway is Baker. He is just the best QB in this class IMO and it isn't that close. He a mix of Drew Brees and Russell Wilson and I think the only truly 'safe' QB in this draft.

The only reason i don't want to trade up is cause i believe Hurst will be there at 23 and I can see no reason he shouldn't be a top 10 pick. Also I would hate to trade up 14 spots for Smith if they could get who i think is an equally impactful player at 15-20 in Landry and only to miss out on Hurst who i want maybe more than anyone in this draft. I see a lot of Aaron Donald in his tape.

The only player I feel truly comfortable trading up for when I feel a blue chip guy will fall to us anyway is Baker. He is just the best QB in this class IMO and it isn't that close. He a mix of Drew Brees and Russell Wilson and I think the only truly 'safe' QB in this draft.

I’ve wanted a run and chase linebacker for the Pats for a long time which is why I want Roquan. This defence needs pace in the biggest way.

I’ve wanted a run and chase linebacker for the Pats for a long time which is why I want Roquan. This defense needs pace in the biggest way.

I agree Smith would be a great get for this D. I just would hate to sacrifice much to get him though when I think underrated guys like Hurst or Landry may fall to 23 all by themselves and be perhaps just as impactful. I know the need at LB is a big one but I know Smith will go inside the top 12 give or take meaning it would take 2 first round pick to get him.

I like Hurst and Isaiah Oliver more than Smith by himself. That is the issue I am stuck on. If he does fall to say 14 (i don't see it happening) and suddenly we can get him for our 23rd and 43rd pick I'm all about that.

Edit: But if Smith somehow falls to pick 14 that means a few GMs who did those first 13 picks need to be fired on the spot cause even if 4 QBs get picked in those first 13 picks he shouldn't fall that far.

I agree Smith would be a great get for this D. I just would hate to sacrifice much to get him though when I think underrated guys like Hurst or Landry may fall to 23 all by themselves and be perhaps just as impactful. I know the need at LB is a big one but I know Smith will go inside the top 12 give or take meaning it would take 2 first round pick to get him.

I like Hurst and Isaiah Oliver more than Smith by himself. That is the issue I am stuck on. If he does fall to say 14 (i don't see it happening) and suddenly we can get him for our 23rd and 43rd pick I'm all about that.

That’s the dilemma. Two starters of good quality is probably better value than one very good starter.

That’s the dilemma. Two starters of good quality is probably better value than one very good starter.
And both seem a lot better than a backup QB who is 50-50 to have the ability to start effectively, someday (I'm thinking of Jackson).

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back