PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think i better stick with the Methodists...

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
Tried another non denominational church out here in Kansas. Parent speakers shared about raising kids. The mom who had the segment about preschoolers talked about "chastening and scourging". "Well..to scourge..is you know, to whip. But lets take it down to the Rod, which is a stick.." The Pastor, fearing people, like me, would be freaking out tried to explain but instead just agreed with her. Hitting a preschooler with a switch?
i was out. Crazy Right Wing Conservative Whackjob Nutcase Screwheads. The "Rod"is representive of leading, see Moses, see Sheep. Ive never seen a sheep beaten with a paddle. (Ok i know i just set off some fetishes there, calm down ) whats wrong with these fundie morons??? Im going to stick with the grown up denominations thank you very much. The Methodists at least are against corporal punishment. At least they are sane.

Try a Unitarian Universalist Church, you might like it..

Not very judgemental, and encourages the continued exploration of your beliefs..

Check out the Converge Worldwide churches in Kansas (formerly BGC-Baptist General Conference). It's an association, not a denomination. In my experience in the Northeast and with missionaries I have not encountered any nuttiness.

Kansas | Converge Worldwide

The further right one goes in religion, the dumber it gets.

The deeper south in the U S one gets, the more right wing fools are found it seems.

Regards
DL

Come to the dark side, Luke. We've got cookies!

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back