PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I have a feeling

@scott99 I am a Huge fan of George Pickens I think he's a can't miss prospect. Pickens reminds me of a younger Julio Jones very poetic in his body movements. I don't think he makes it to 54. I would try to get him in the Forties on a Trade up in the Second. He was the First WR who caught my eyes in this Draft a personal fave. The Patriots seems to like Georgie players even though the dividends have been meh... I hope they don't shy away now.

IMO the days of BB over-thinking early draft picks are over. I’m not worried about picking DB’s and WR’s early any more. In rounds 1 and 2… I don’t think we will scratch our heads and say “who”? The Wolf and Groh are about to have another very good draft.

EDIT 04-29-2022: I was joking when I said all that

Last edited:
IMO the days of BB over-thinking early draft picks are over. I’m not worried about picking DB’s and WR’s early any more. In rounds 1 and 2… I don’t think we will scratch our heads and say “who”? The Wolf and Groh are about to have another very good draft.

I agree 100 percent. They must keep bb from trying to outsmart the draftniks and going rogue on day 1 and day 2.

Dax Hill and Travis Jones.
That would be ideal for the first two picks. Probably have to move up six or seven spots in the second to safely get TJ like they did with Barmore. I don’t care. Just do it.

This post did not age well.

This post did not age well.
I thought that it did age well. I just went thru the whole thread and only saw three posters who mentioned any of our draft picks. One of them listed both Strange and Marcus Jones and two others, including the OP, only mentioned Jones. I gave them all a Winner.

Could've had them both. Sigh

BB decided to bolster Mac and the offense. Might be the right decision for 2023 and forward. Strange and Thornton are the fastest at their positions. But 2022 will be tough to watch against the run. Let's hope we restructure some contracts to be able to sign Flowers and Hicks. Carl Davis is not going to solve the issue.

BB decided to bolster Mac and the offense. Might be the right decision for 2023 and forward. Strange and Thornton are the fastest at their positions. But 2022 will be tough to watch against the run. Let's hope we restructure some contracts to be able to sign Flowers and Hicks. Carl Davis is not going to solve the issue.
Which was odd to me after all the O weapons brought in during 2021 FAcy. I thought Parker trade would be it on O (aside from addressing OL). Having 7 out of 10 picks on offense blew my mind. I don't get it.

Which was odd to me after all the O weapons brought in during 2021 FAcy. I thought Parker trade would be it on O (aside from addressing OL). Having 7 out of 10 picks on offense blew my mind. I don't get it.

I agree. Let's hope it is because they really like the kids we already have, McGrone, McMillan, Perkins, Bledsoe, etc., and will sign a few FAs. Otherwise the D might be tough to watch. Need a DE and DT.

Now we have 3 new kids at corner, and Strong Safety is loaded. DMac is still above average at FS and maybe Bledsoe can help. Still leaves us weak at DL assuming last year's kids at LB are OK. Groh mentioned McGrone at the press conference so they must like him.

Harris moving on after this year (heck, maybe this year), White is a big ?????? at this point. JJ didn't get it done, apparently, although I heard he added some bulk and he was down in Tampa with Mac. So they added a speedster and a bruiser for future, maybe sooner than we hoped, needs.

They needed a starting LG, they got one. They're trying to build some consistency and depth on the OL, so there will be camp fights for the 4 or 5 spots behind the starting five.

They only have Parker and Bourne signed for next year, so they added a potential X replacement - and could it mean they try to trade Agholor this year? There's the $10 million they need. I can't believe Josh wouldn't like him back with the Raiders, given his work with Carr in 2020. Agholor (with a QB that likes to bomb and can hit him deep) and Adams, with Renfroe and Waller is a pretty sick. EDIT: I'm not saying I want this, by the way. I think Agholor's pretty good and it was more a bridle on Mac than anything he did or didn't do. If I heard the Pats had extended him for two more years, lowering his cap hit and keeping him around, I wouldn't be sad. Having said that, as with Mason, look at every dollar saved if they trade him as saving the cap for next year, when I expect a splurge.

The Pats always like to have a QB in development and trading/cutting Stidham seems obvious.

One of 2 things for the D: Either it's put up or go away time for a lot of rookie contract guys, and/or the Pats have already talked with a couple of FAs. Hicks and Flowers would be the obvious go-to's here, but there are others, as well. The offense looks like it's set right now other than a tweak, but the D is certainly a WIP.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back