PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I have a feeling

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Ok, Last year, due to my pessimism about Pat’s drafts in the past, I had a feeling the Pats weren’t going to draft a QB in 2021. Thank goodness I was wrong.

One of the guys I felt the Pats may have taken at #15 in 2021 was Christian Barmore. I just had a feeling the Pats might draft him. I was right, but was wrong as far as the round.

This year, I have no idea what they are going to do at #21. I think they may go DB or Oline.

BUT, I have a feeling about certain guys, these are the guys I THINK will wind up as Patriots. Let’s see if I’m right. Who do you FEEL will wind up as Patriots ? Not who YOU want, just who you think they will draft.

One guy I keep coming back to is WR George Pickens. I don’t know why, I just have a feeling the guy will wind up being drafted by the Pats. I think he may be the guy at #54. In the 1st round, I think they may go Oline. One guy I have a feeling may wind up being the pick is Olineman Zion Johnson. He’s just such a Swiss Army knife on the Oline, I think the Pats value that a lot.

Of course, a lot of us feel the Pats will take WR John Metchie. He COULD be the pick at #54. This one seems obvious. But do the Pats ever do the obvious ? Last year they did. So it’s a possibility.

At DB, I’d be shocked if Marcus Jones doesn’t wind up a Patriot. And if they take a DB in the 1st round, I see have a feeling Kaiir Elam is going to be the pick.

Who do you FEEL will wind up as a Patriot next week ? Not who you want, just who you feel might wind up Patriots.

Agree with you on Johnson, Metchie and Jones, not convinced by Elam or Pickens. I'm very scared the Packers take Metchie at 53 and snipe us. I could definitely see us taking 3 of the players below.

Daxton Hill
Zion Johnson
Travis Jones
Logan Hall
Marcus Jones
John Metchie
Quay Walker
Luke Goedeke
James Cook
Sean Rhyan
Khalil Shakir
Josh Paschal
Chase Lucas
Cam Taylor-Britt
Malcolm Rodriguez
Marquan McCall
Cole Strange
Matt Waletzko

P-Ariaza (due to Bailey’s proven performance escalator)
DB- Dax
OL-Z. Johnson
DT-Jones
WR-Metchie
DB-Pitre
WR/RB/KR/PR-Kalil Pimpleton (UDFA)
OW-Burks
OL-Dawson Deaton
CB-Gordon
WR-Velus Jones
CB-Alontae Taylor
OW-Tyler Badie
WR-Alec Pierce
OLB/DE-Paschal
TE-Jelani Woods
S-Nazeeh Johnson
OL-Jamaree Salyer
CB-Zyon McCollum
WR-Bo Melton
CB-Marcus Jones
RB-Hassan Haskins
OW-Kyle Phillips
CB-Tariq Woolen
WR-Shakir
LB-Muma
LB-Troy Andersen
LB-Chenal
LB-Tindall
T-Zach Tom
RB-Haskins
WR-Slade Bolden
CB-Jack Jones
RB-James Cook
DT/DE-Logan Hall
NT-Marquan McCall
TE-Gerrit Prince
WR-Calvin Austin
S-Brisker

Last edited:
For players who could be available when we pick in the first, I see us coveting Jordan Davis, Jameson Williams, Travis Jones, McDuffie, Kyler Gordon, Travis Jones and maybe Zion.

I don't see us drafting a WR in the 1st unless in the unlikely event that Williams drops, and even at that I think we'd only take him if the others on the list, except maybe the two CB's, are gone.

I don't see us taking a tackle or LB early. The value is there later.

I think the Patriots are going to draft Downandout at 21 from Overthinking Things University.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I think that Davis, Williams, and Lloyd will all be gone at #21, but Hill and Wyatt could both be available. I would be more than happy with either one. I think they are happy with their starting OL or they would not have traded Mason, creating a hole they then had to address with their first pick. If they go OL I think it will be day 3. Since Williams will be long gone I think they could move up in the 2nd round for either Pickens or Skyy Moore, I don’t think they can wait on either to be there when they pick in the 2nd. There’s also a strong possibility that they will trade down in the first, believing their guy will still be there when they pick, as they did with Duggar’s.

This feeling stuff is almost akin to a draft pick contest. You should have had a feeling for at least 8 players though because that is how many picks the Pats currently hold :)

I wish you didn't mention Marcus Jones. I want the Pats to draft him. Now it's never going to happen. ha-ha j/k

I have a feeling the Pats will draft two good players (Jordan Davis, Lewis Cine, Roger McCreary or Trevor Penning) and then hope another one drops in their lap (Christian Harris, Channing Tindall, Marcus Jones or Jalen Tolbert) in the third. Also, they'll see if an injured player will drop to the 4th (D. Clark) or 5th, like last year, maybe pick one of those. They could also pick one with past character concerns/off-field issues/and some injury concerns (Sam Williams, Derion Kendrick or, just to make Scotty happy, George Pickens).

So when is Ashley or Mark going to start the Draft Pick Contest thread? I only say it because aren't they the ones that usually do this and have the rules and such? I know what the rules are but whoever starts the thread is the one who tallies the correct answers.

This feeling stuff is almost akin to a draft pick contest. You should have had a feeling for at least 8 players though because that is how many picks the Pats currently hold :)

I wish you didn't mention Marcus Jones. I want the Pats to draft him. Now it's never going to happen. ha-ha j/k

I have a feeling the Pats will draft two good players (Jordan Davis, Lewis Cine, Roger McCreary or Trevor Penning) and then hope another one drops in their lap (Christian Harris, Channing Tindall, Marcus Jones or Jalen Tolbert) in the third. Also, they'll see if an injured player will drop to the 4th (D. Clark) or 5th, like last year, maybe pick one of those. They could also pick one with past character concerns/off-field issues/and some injury concerns (Sam Williams, Derion Kendrick or, just to make Scotty happy, George Pickens).

So when is Ashley or Mark going to start the Draft Pick Contest thread? I only say it because aren't they the ones that usually do this and have the rules and such? I know what the rules are but whoever starts the thread is the one who tallies the correct answers.
Borisman, I don’t want George Pickens perse, I just have a feeling the Pats will draft him. I wouldn’t complain, he’s a good prospect, but he’s not my favorite receiver out there.

It's usually @patchick but I'm not sure if that's on for this year. Check back in a few days?

The punter

Ok, Last year, due to my pessimism about Pat’s drafts in the past, I had a feeling the Pats weren’t going to draft a QB in 2021. Thank goodness I was wrong.

One of the guys I felt the Pats may have taken at #15 in 2021 was Christian Barmore. I just had a feeling the Pats might draft him. I was right, but was wrong as far as the round.

This year, I have no idea what they are going to do at #21. I think they may go DB or Oline.

BUT, I have a feeling about certain guys, these are the guys I THINK will wind up as Patriots. Let’s see if I’m right. Who do you FEEL will wind up as Patriots ? Not who YOU want, just who you think they will draft.

One guy I keep coming back to is WR George Pickens. I don’t know why, I just have a feeling the guy will wind up being drafted by the Pats. I think he may be the guy at #54. In the 1st round, I think they may go Oline. One guy I have a feeling may wind up being the pick is Olineman Zion Johnson. He’s just such a Swiss Army knife on the Oline, I think the Pats value that a lot.

Of course, a lot of us feel the Pats will take WR John Metchie. He COULD be the pick at #54. This one seems obvious. But do the Pats ever do the obvious ? Last year they did. So it’s a possibility.

At DB, I’d be shocked if Marcus Jones doesn’t wind up a Patriot. And if they take a DB in the 1st round, I see have a feeling Kaiir Elam is going to be the pick.

Who do you FEEL will wind up as a Patriot next week ? Not who you want, just who you feel might wind up Patriots.

Nice list. I could definitely see the Pats taking a couple of these guys. I would love the Pickins pick at 54. Address an area of greater need in round 1 but then target a high upside guy like Pickens in round 2, a guy who has the talent to be the best receiver in this draft when all is said and done. I remember hearing at least one report (on one of the Pats centric draft pods) that the Patriots loved what they saw at the Georgia pro day.

I’m confident they will target someone who not only fills a need, but is ready to play now. The draft philosophy has changed, so they will avoid guys who are known to be “versatile” or “Swiss army knives” which have burned the Pats in the past. Groh has already stated they need athletes on D. Aside from safety, no pick on defense would surprise me as they are weak at every level.

I’m confident they will target someone who not only fills a need, but is ready to play now. The draft philosophy has changed, so they will avoid guys who are known to be “versatile” or “Swiss army knives” which have burned the Pats in the past. Groh has already stated they need athletes on D. Aside from safety, no pick on defense would surprise me as they are weak at every level.

I always keep in mind that bb is a defensive value drafter.

Edge rushers will always be be highest on the value table. None of the best will fall to us unless they have a wart like jones did a few years ago.

Second on the value list are big guys that are ubber athletic. They will always ring the value bell loudly!

Third on that value list will be big safeties that are ubber athletic. Especially if they are excellent in run support.

Speeds the name of the game. On defense I expect players we pick at LB and the secondary to improve this area. Maybe with the additions of peppers mcgrone and Raekwon we have this at LB but we still need a boundary corner and DT who can help against the run in our nickel package. McDuffie, Booth maybe Hill early? At DT Davis would be great but not sure he’s there. Travis Jones could fit the bill up front.

Offensively we need a guard but I’m not sold on one round 1, think they can be had later on. Zion will be a good player but like Linderbaum these are strictly interior lineman. I’d rather look at someone with G/T versatility early if the top ones are gone. Can Tyler Smith be the guy?

I don’t expect a WR day 1. Day 2/3 more likely. I like shakir, skyy Moore and wandale personally.

I don’t believe the pats will pick Pickens until the commissioner announces it

Yes, I got a feeling that this week is gonna be good good week for draft.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back