PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I had a dream...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wordsmyth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The other day that the Pats were playing the Pack in SB50. Tom's fourth-and-goal pass from the Pack's two was batted down by a DB, only for a WR (whom I've never heard of) batted the ball to Julian, who caught it on his back for the game-winner.

Oh...and suck it, Goodell! :D

I had a thought that made me smile the other day.

Brady sues for injunction plays the whole season wins the super bowl. Then retires. He drops his case and it never gets heard.

This might be a little frustrating as we want full vindication but the sweet part is that the mass mob will have to live with the fact that TB12 alledgedly cheated and went onto to win two titles never having been punished.

The NFL never gets its flesh from Tom and had to hand him 2 Lombardi's in the process.

Brady sues for injunction plays the whole season wins the super bowl. Then retires. He drops his case and it never gets heard.

This might be a little frustrating as we want full vindication but the sweet part is that the mass mob will have to live with the fact that TB12 alledgedly cheated and went onto to win two titles never having been punished.

The NFL never gets its flesh from Tom and had to hand him 2 Lombardi's in the process.

And hopefully "Suck it Goodell" is the last thing Brady ever says to Goodell as he is handing the trophy to Tom.

Brady sues for injunction plays the whole season wins the super bowl. Then retires.

I'm not in favor of players going out on top. If a player is good enough to win the super bowl then they should keep playing until they suck just like Brady said

Last edited:
I'm not in favor of players going out on top. If a player is good enough to win the super bowl then they should keep playing until they suck just like Brady said
Totally agree. I've noticed this is a big thing with media commentators--they're constantly wishing that guys will retire and "go out on top." To me, it's much more inspiring for athletes to keep going, trying to achieve, and get carried out on their shields then hanging it up when they still have something left.

Totally agree. I've noticed this is a big thing with media commentators--they're constantly wishing that guys will retire and "go out on top." To me, it's much more inspiring for athletes to keep going, trying to achieve, and get carried out on their shields then hanging it up when they still have something left.

To be fair, though, it can be painful to watch when it's clear a player is out of gas (see: Welker, Wes).

For the record this was more an FU to the haters than a real wish. I hope he plays until he is 50. Just thought it was an interesting way to piss off the haters. Two SBs no punishment and no resolution.

I had a dream that I was listening to the Felger and Mazz show and in a moment of clarity Felger yells "I understand it......I understand it now.........the Ideal Gas Law....oh man it just makes sense to me now!" "When air is cooled it contracts ....and when it's heated ....can this be true....it expands!?!" "Wow" "Brady is innocent!!"

Never mix meds and alcohol people, it screws up your dreams.

I like this idea;

1 - Kidnap Fraudger and take him to the bowels of Gillette.
2 - Inject him with a paralyzing drug that allows him to stay awake.
3 - Lie him down on his back and straddle his stomach.
4 - Carefully slice his chest open.
5 - Reach into his chest and get a good grip on his heart without damaging it.
6 - Then in one quick motion, pull his heart out of his chest, put it in front of his face and then clap your hands together and let him watch his heart go splat.
7 - Tell him Brady is the GOAT and that he sucks as he drifts off into death.

I like this idea;

6 - Then in one quick motion, pull his heart out of his chest, put it in front of his face and then clap your hands together and let him watch his heart go splat.

Remind me not to piss you off.

I actually left a few steps out between 2 and 3. :)

This could actually be s fun creative exercise, subbing out step 3 onward.

I think I'd suspend Roger's head just below the water surface of a toilet, with a video display at bottom showing a repeat loop of the Buttfumble. There'd also be an auto flush feature timed to allow him just enough breath to survive.

Last edited:
I like this idea;

You forgot your meds again, didn't you?

Agree, but i'm willing to make an exception for the greatest player of all time—who was framed by the league he's given 20 years of his life to.

Agree, but i'm willing to make an exception for the greatest player of all time—who was framed by the league he's given 20 years of his life to.

I wouldn't mind seeing if there'll be Pats fans, or any really, who are fed up enough with the way Brady is being treated to leave the game when Brady does. I think there might be some of those folks out here.

As for players playing past their primes, one of the older and more famous hangers on was Willie Mays. I remember thinking how sad he looked out there at the time. Right now though, I bet there are Sox fans who would kill for that level of play from their outfield.

On the plus side you have George Blanda. The guy was pretty effective at a late age, if my memory serves me. Even at QB in a pinch.

Then their was the king of the hangers on in all of pro sports, Gordie Howe.

As for players playing past their primes, one of the older and more famous hangers on was Willie Mays. I remember thinking how sad he looked out there at the time. Right now though, I bet there are Sox fans who would kill for that level of play from their outfield.

On the plus side you have George Blanda. The guy was pretty effective at a late age, if my memory serves me. Even at QB in a pinch.

Then their was the king of the hangers on in all of pro sports, Gordie Howe.
Troy Polamalu was infuriatingly bad in 2014. It was hard to believe he hadn't retired yet. Even as a guy who doesn't like the Steelers, I wanted them to get him off the field.

Then there's Brett Favre...

Reggie Wayne's another one... he was so bad last year... and he's still trying to latch on somewhere, I believe...

Troy Polamalu was infuriatingly bad in 2014. It was hard to believe he hadn't retired yet. Even as a guy who doesn't like the Steelers, I wanted them to get him off the field.

Then there's Brett Favre...

Wow! How could I have forgotten Brint Favre? He's in the Hangers On Hall of Fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back