PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I counted out Brady and Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I'm not sure how I feel about guys giving up on your boys. I mean ive been there with 40 years of being losers. Though I remeber a college buddy saying "why do you watch that team, they are never going to win "
But all that frustration , faith, love, and pain got washed away on that one day

and this is your day

maybe some lost Faith, but thats ok your still fans

28-3. Pretty intoxicated.

I caught myself thinking, "this team just doesn't have what it takes." It hit me that it was the exact thought I had after Kansas city 2014. I looked over at my cousin, only person I can watch big games with, and said "TB is about to change this game." Never lose faith in Tom and Bill

After 2014, I said I would never count them out again. I didn't just hope, I felt it deep inside that Brady and Co. would find a way to do it. So happy for those guys. Amazing!

yeah I'm not sure how I feel about guys giving up on your boys. I mean ive been there with 40 years of being losers. Though I remeber a college buddy saying "why do you watch that team, they are never going to win "
But all that frustration , faith, love, and pain got washed away on that one day

and this is your day

maybe some lost Faith, but thats ok your still fans
I may have mentioned this before but friends/relatives/wet wipes that fell into the the toilet bowl I had to keep reminding of that comeback against NO. "Oh no! How will we do it against a top QB?" They did it with Dobson's backup.

Thought we were done at 28-3. Closed my browser to dodge the negativity. I really thought game would get out of control at that point.

Boy was I wrong.

Never doubt the Patriots. I have never been happier of being totally wrong. Mea culpa.

I may have mentioned this before but friends/relatives/wet wipes that fell into the the toilet bowl I had to keep reminding of that comeback against NO. "Oh no! How will we do it against a top QB?" They did it with Dobson's backup.
Yeah just takes Faith and a whole lot of being sick lol. Remember when we made the kick to be in the SB I never saw it . I was in the bathroom getting sick becuase we always lost and never won. I believed but 40 years of choking or weird problems got to me.

Never stopped doing the math of if this happens and that happens there can be a miracle but I will freely admit at 28-3 I had gone into a damn this sucks but it just wasn't our day, too many stupid mistakes, drops, bad bounces etc, funk kinda accepting the loss as **** happens even to the best. Still at the start of the 4th I was saying to myself (watching alone in my living room, cuz no normal person should be forced to put up with me on game day) gonna have to score 3 times this quarter and that ONLY happens with a turnover. I did not actually start believing again for real they WOULD win until the Hightower strip. So yeah....here for my whippings on giving up on them from the crap drive after eldemans return until High got them back in the game. Still at a loss for words about what I just saw, not THIS team...just unbelievable how much heart they have.

I did too. I apologize to the GOATs for my transgressions and repent for my shameful actions.

I always knew there was a sliver of hope though, there always is when Tom is playing.
I felt it was over, but I never stop watching my team. My friend I was watching with kept saying, "I'm feeling good about the 2nd half." "We're going to tie it up and go to overtime and we're going to win." and I was like, "are you kidding me?" But she was a guest in my house, so I kept my mouth shut. LOL, glad I did. What a game! What a finish! Tom Brady is the greatest ever. We are so lucky.

i was done im still in shock the patriots came back and won

I knew it was over at 28-3, but the child in me kept thinking deep down they had a chance.... but I KNEW it was over

Wow, how did that happen? My lord, thank you, fellas....

Guys don't worry about it. I was at the game and thought it was over too. At halftime I decided to skip Gaga and ended up walking around concourse in a daze. The falcons fans were going nuts. Some pats fan came up to me randomly and saw me dejected. He told me, "Don't worry we'te going to win this." I don't know what it was about what he said but my spirit strengthened a bit after that.

I did, for a minute or two, then remembered who this team is, was, and has been for so many years.

I was going back and forth
"ah that's game dam!"
then fixed on tv saying "okay if we just score here"
"we're toast"
"Okay just hold them here"
"there's just no way, this is impossible"
"If we can just make it a game"
I walked away from the TV, then walked back, hands on knees, staring at the screen. paced back and forth, total basket case.

Best part was OT winning the toss, TB drove right down the field, my jaw was on the ground. Just unreal, feel so blessed.

No need to be sorry. This was the greatest comeback EVER. This was virtually improbable. Any sane, sensible football knowledgable fan thought the game was pretty much over down 25 in the 3rd Quarter, especially in a game where no team has come back from more than 10.

But....Brady, Belichick and this team didn't quit, didn't stop and they made HISTORY.

Enjoy it!

I did too. What a moron, i should know better.
God bless the goat.

I never stopped watching but I thought it was all but over. The OL was up and down at very best, Brady was not firing on all cylinders, some odd play calling, 2 series in a row where Atlanta drove right through the D, the pick 6 throw, seemingly must have TD at half that ended as a FG. It looked like the Falcons in a blow out.
Fortunately a game is 60 minutes, Brady Goated it, OL really picked it up, D locked down, White was killin it, Malcolm Mitchell arrived, and overall BB put together a team that was mentally tough as steel.

Brady deserves all the praise in the world as the key cog but the whole team deserves praise. A lot of things, from a lot of players, had to happen to make that come back. 2016 Patriots mettle was amazing...

I did too... Simply incredible...now, why am I up at 7 when I have the day off? GO PATS UNICORNS SHOW PONIES

At 3-21 just before the half I gave up on my team. I posted "game over" "keep JG" . Shame on me after being a fan for 57 years I should have known better. I apologize for being a quiter. What a come back. Set all kinds of NFL records and left every football fan knowing that Kraft is the best owner, Belichick is the GOAT along with Brady. A total team effort, one to be proud of. Today I will wear my Pats ball cap high even though I don't deserve to because I was a quiter. Thank you Patriots for an outstanding season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes