PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I can't contain my excitement about this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

New England Pride

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I really just don't know where else to go with my excitement at this moment other than Pats Fans. This team isn't what we saw @Jets and @Miami and everyone knows it. As nervous as this team has made us all in the second half of the season, we are getting our number one reciever back among other players on the defensive side.

I truly feel like after the refs stole the undefeated season from us @Broncos, Belichick just said **** it we're getting healthy and that's the priority. We can question the approach all we want, but the man knows what his football team needs. Does anyone really think the Eagles beat us in Gillette had we won that game and gone into that game at 11-0? I sure as hell don't. We have seen Patriot teams go into the postseason on a crazy tare and it really hasn't mattered. This time we will go on limping for once and I don't believe it will matter. We have 3 games to win and are getting healthy at the right time.

If anyone thinks this is a useless hype thread, you're probably right, but I'm pumped and needed to vent that.

Last edited:
refreshing

I really just don't know where else to go with my excitement at this moment other than Pats Fans. This team isn't what we saw @Jets and @Miami and everyone knows it. As nervous as this team has made us all in the second half of the season, we are getting our number one reciever back among other players on the defensive side.

I truly feel like after the refs stole the undefeated season from us @Broncos, Belichick just said **** it we're getting healthy and that's the priority. We can question the approach all we want, but the man knows what his football team needs. Does anyone really think the Eagles beat us in Gillette had we won that game and gone into that game at 11-0? I sure as hell don't. We have seen Patriot teams go into the postseason on a crazy tare and it really hasn't matrered. This time we will go on limping for once and I don't believe it will matter. We have 3 games to win and are getting healthy at the right time.

If anyone thinks this is a useless hype thread, you're probably right, butnim pumped and needed to vent that.

Always need a dose of realism but homerism is ok to. :).

I am absolutely expecting this team to play well two Satudays from now. While the injured players coming back will not all be 100% and the o-line not morphing into the 1992 Dallas Cowboys, it'll be better than they were. Will it be to Sept/Oct levels? No. Will it be good enough to get to the Super Bowl and win it? Very possible.

Part of me does think that they've been operating on auto-pilot and been treating the last few games as preseason which I don't think is a good thing but with the injuries, I get it.

kinda like this

tedy-bruschi2.jpg

I disagree that this has all been part of some Belichickian scheme. It's more about trying to make do with a constantly shuffling roster due to an absurd number of injuries. However, I do agree with your excitement. I always expect them to play better than they've looked in previous weeks. Whether they do or not is uncertain of course, that's why they play the games, but I have plenty of confidence that they can play some great football a week from tomorrow. Nothing beats playoff football anyway. Anything can happen.

OP: Excellent post!!! I too am psyched for this team. Man, what a run these guys have had!!!

However... the refs didn't make Harper fumble that punt.

No they didn't but they did call a nick knack foul on Gronk on his game ending first down.

I disagree that this has all been part of some Belichickian scheme. It's more about trying to make do with a constantly shuffling roster due to an absurd number of injuries. However, I do agree with your excitement. I always expect them to play better than they've looked in previous weeks. Whether they do or not is uncertain of course, that's why they play the games, but I have plenty of confidence that they can play some great football a week from tomorrow. Nothing beats playoff football anyway. Anything can happen.

I'm not saying they lost the games on purpose or its a scheme by Bill, but I do believe he has prioritized health and has been on the cautious side as far as sitting or playing key players. Had we been 14-0 I think Edelman plays @Jets and @Miami.

Love it. Advice to everyone here. Don't visit the game day thread. :)

Can't wait to see how we look in a week and how healthy some of our guys really are. Hopefully healthy enough. I also can't wait to watch some playoff football tomorrow. This is my favorite time of year every year.

A little positivity for those in need....

Sun.jpg

double_rainbow.jpg

mini-swirl-pops~5_892b

Hell yes! I am totally with you on all of this. While the past month or so has been discouraging, I do think we will rebound like never before. Now that the season is over, we can start fresh so to speak. Everyone is 0-0 at this point and we have 3 games to win and can focus on them one at a time. Having this bye week is a huge help for health and preparation. I realize our injured players won't be 100% but having them back in the lineup in any capacity is useful. Plus, I think our team is talented and tenacious enough when combined with Belichick's scheming to win.

The Patriots have as good a chance as any to advance to the Superbowl provided the offensive
line plays decently. Vollmer is an improvement over Fleming but after 5 years Cannon still does
not know which player to block.

The Patriots have as good a chance as any to advance to the Superbowl provided the offensive
line plays decently. Vollmer is an improvement over Fleming but after 5 years Cannon still does
not know which player to block.
Cannon is very spotty. There are periods he plays well and then others in which he is just plain bad.

I really think Waddle is the key here. I can easily see him coming in for Cannon (either RT or move to LT w/ Vollmer going to RT) if he is awful.

What will we see next week? I don't know.

What I do know is that I'm really appreciative of what this team has achieved this season. It hasn't been a season of blow-out wins, but, with the injuries they've had, every win has been one to be proud of.

They've lost more player-games to injuries than ANY OTHER TEAM. Only Baltimore (which lost 2 QBs) can claim it was worse hit. I know, every team has to expect injuries, but it's when they accumulate that it really hits home. Lose your best offensive tackle ... OK. But lose your best two? And your best two running backs. Receivers. Linebackers. Centers (Stork, Wendell).

If the Pats come roaring back in the playoffs, great ... and a big FU to Roger Goodell. If not, thanks guys! You left it all on the field.

GO PATS!

Hahaha. I know it's a fluff thread but it's how I feel. If that makes me a homer than so be it.

I wasn't teasing you for your homerism, which we already know to be WAY off the charts. ;)

I was listening to WEEI while reading this thread, and Fauria mentioned sunshine, rainbows and lollipops, and I thought it would be a good fit for the thread.

So enjoy...
thumb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots