PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Almost Don't Care If They Did It

Mr. Plow

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Because that's not the real problem here.

I don't think the evidence indicates to a reasonable, objective person that the Patriots tampered with game balls. I think the NFL reached a pre-ordained conclusion and decided to make an example of the Pats. I'm really disappointed about that. If it were later to come to light that some team personnel let air out of footballs, I would be disappointed and surprised, but not shocked.

But, I am furious about the league rewarding snitching. This has been nothing short of nirvana for the Colts. They have been rewarded beyond measure for ratting out the Patriots over this. Maybe that's all they wanted to achieve when they showed up in Foxboro. While the Pats' coaching staff was over on their sideline, trying to figure out ways to win the game, the Colts' coaching staff was trying to figure out ways to get the Pats in trouble with the league.

And, they succeeded. Mission accomplished, by halftime. This might explain why the Colts didn't bother to play any football in the second half.

Goodell tells us that this way of doing things will ensure the continued integrity of the league.

No. It tells other teams that there are rich rewards to be gained by snitching, on the Pats certainly, but also on any other team with which they may have a vendetta. If Goodell wants to project an image of a clean NFL, he has failed. By rewarding snitching, he's ensured there will be a steady drip, drip, drip of scandals for as long as he's in office.

He's succeeded brilliantly in making the NFL look dirty, and there was no need for it.

I agree with you. Look how easy it is for one organization to cause severe harm to another. The thing is though, other franchises pump in artificial crowd noise, text staff on the field, and there's no repercussions. So really, I think only snitching on the Patriots is really being rewarded.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back