PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypothetical Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Triple delete thread and 2 months ban min.
Just WTFNF?
We don't ban people for starting stupid threads.

Did you read my post where I said this thread is to mock posters that start hypothetical threads like "what if we trade Garapolo and Brady gets hurt and Belichick has a headache?"

I think he deserves the credit; he simply was a top quarterback on a couple of title teams

I certainly do not think he's worse than Aikman

While we're on the subject, if you took Jim Plunkett and plunked (sorry) him into Elway's career, being coddled like a baby and with that defense, you've got yourself four Super Bowl wins, easy. And, with no cheating.

Conversely, if you took Elway and plopped him into Jim's career, you've got yourself Ryan Leaf.

No I disagree. That's not giving Elway enough credit. He was a great competitor. He may be the best QB the Broncos ever had. :)

I don't usually post threads like this but this thought is too intriguing to keep to myself.

So here goes....

If Brady got hurt in the next 2 games and Garapolo won the SB, Brady would still get credit for his 5th ring!

That's it, simple as that!
do we count Garapolo's ring from 2014 for him?

I don't usually post threads like this but this thought is too intriguing to keep to myself.

So here goes....

If Brady got hurt in the next 2 games and Garapolo won the SB, Brady would still get credit for his 5th ring!

That's it, simple as that!
I care about the New England Patriots winning Super Bowls. Brady or Jimmy winning it will suffice.

do we count Garapolo's ring from 2014 for him?
He didn't play at all

But i do believe he has a ring :D

Brady got his team to where they are

To answer the question seriously, no, only if he starts. Certainly, he would get a ring. But he wouldn't be a five super bowl champion quarterback.

The best analogy is Bledsoe, who as some of us older fans know came out and won the AFC game in 2001 against Pittsburgh when Brady went down. The pass to David Patton was spot on (although he did get a little happy feet in the second half, if I remember correctly). Certainly, he made a substantial contribution to getting the Pats to the Super Bowl, but Bledsoe has not been considered to have won a ring in the sense that he is a Super Bowl winning quarterback. Steve Young, another example. Won rings while backing up Montana, but when people mention the rings he won, they are only talking about when he was a starter.

So I would say if Brady got injured prior to the game and Garoppolo started it and won, that would not be the fifth ring Brady is pursuing

Last edited:
To answer the question seriously, no, only if he starts. Certainly, he would get a ring. But he wouldn't be a five super bowl champion quarterback.

The best analogy is Bledsoe, who as some of us older fans know came out and won the AFC game in 2001 against Pittsburgh when Brady went down. The pass to David Patton was spot on (although he did get a little happy feet in the second half, if I remember correctly). Certainly, he made a substantial contribution to getting the Pats the the Super Bowl, but Bledsoe has not been considered to have won a ring in the sense that he is a Super Bowl winning quarterback. Steve Young, another example. Won rings while backing up Montana, but when people mention the rings he won, they are only talking about when he was a starter.

So I would say if Brady got injured prior to the game and Garoppolo started it and won, that would not be the fifth ring Brady is pursuing
this is correct

Shoot me. Shoot me now

I would not count it for Brady. He has to do it himself in the playoffs. I think he would have (given this case) but he needs to prove it. However if this happens and Jimmy plays really well you trade him for 3 first round picks if you knew 100% Brady was going to be back to 100% next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes