PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypothetical: Pats would be -49.5 favorites vs Bama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year some clown comes along on one of these forums and argues that Alabama could beat Cleveland (last year) or this year Buffalo or Oakland.

In other words, they are proudly announcing to the world they don’t know the first thing about football.

An NFL team playing Alabama will be like Alabama this weekend playing The Citadel. The point spread is set as a guess regarding how much the team will score before they put in all their third stringers with orders to just run out the clock. It is not a true measure of strength if both teams tried for 60 minutes.

Last edited:
I dunno, these BB disciples sure get the best of us. :rolleyes:

• Ha Ha
Reactions: TBR
I'd be curious to see the point spread of a hypothetical all-american college team against an NFL team.

To be honest the Alabama team probably has more NFL players on defense than this Patriots team.

But can Duke beat the Cavs?

It’s like a college team vs a high school team, but if you took the best players in college football and payed them agaisnt the worst team the nfl has to offer I wouldn’t be surprised if the college team would win.

What would the over be..I'd bet that

I'd be curious to see the point spread of a hypothetical all-american college team against an NFL team.
Didn't they used to have college All Stars play the Super Bowl winner back in the 70s????Super Bowl winners always won and usually by a wide margin IIRC.....

NFL men are (typically) 22-32 years old

NCAA men are (typically) 18-22 years old

If this "hypothetical" contest was about weight lifting instead of football what would the results be?

I have a feeling that the Jets are about to feel the wrath after the bye..

Didn't they used to have college All Stars play the Super Bowl winner back in the 70s????Super Bowl winners always won and usually by a wide margin IIRC.....

Whether it's true or not, any all star type team would be crazy disorganized compared to a club that was so good it just played 19 games with a great record and won the big one.

e.g., even the pro-bowl NFL team should get killed by the superbowl champs.

I wish that game was on our schedule. Would be a nice confidence booster.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Unsure...I say the 49 point line is too high. And college offenses are still option based...I can see our D having problems defending the option. Also, the Alabama D is pretty solid.....

I say the Pats would win 51-20ish....

I say the Pats would win 51-20ish....
I would be very surprised if they gave up a single point except for some freakish occurrence. Will they even get more than a couple of first downs on each drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back