PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypothetical: Josh Gordon gets reinstated and is available, what would you give up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Hypothetical: Josh Gordon gets reinstated and is available, what would you give up?

Me,

'16 4th round pick
'17 5th round pick that could become a 3rd or a 2nd

(Pick becomes a 3rd if he plays 50% of the snaps)
(Pick becomes a 2nd if he plays 70% of the snaps)

'17 pick would be void if he is suspended for violating the the substance policy again

Ya I know he's a great player but he's one mess up from being gone for football for more than a year. That hurts his value a lot.

I'd give up a 3rd or 4th this year, but I'd have to do some due diligence on his current problems, as well as one helluva long review on our supplemental draft scouting to see if he'd even be able to pick up the system.

First off, request Cleveland's permission to have Belichick and Brady talk with him to evaluate his determination to fit in and the possibility for a long-term contract (he's set to be a RFA next year).

Then as for the actual compensation, our 4th rounder this year and a conditional pick next year, between 4th and 6th round.

I'd sign Johnny Manziel when he's cut and trade him straight up for Josh Gordon.

it depends on whether he wins or lose his hearing on his acured season. If the pats have him for two years, plus a third tag option, I would give the 2nd, If he loses I would still give the 2nd but would want the the Browns 4th back

First off, request Cleveland's permission to have Belichick and Brady talk with him to evaluate his determination to fit in and the possibility for a long-term contract (he's set to be a RFA next year).

Then as for the actual compensation, our 4th rounder this year and a conditional pick next year, between 4th and 6th round.

I don't see how that would not be trumped by another team, our pick is practically a fifth.

I'd give up a second round pick. This would be a big gamble considering Gordon is one slip up away from getting banned from the league, but I'd be willing to take the risk. Brady is going to be 39 years old next year and doesn't have many years left. Gordon would turn a highly efficient offense into an explosive one. He would make things so much easier for Gronk and Edelman. I want to go for it now. I want to see us get to and possibly win another Super Bowl. I want to see Brady putting up huge stats and close the gap against Peyton in overall stats. I want to see him get to his 7th SB. I want to see him pass Bradshaw and Montana with a record fifth championship. I want to piss off all the haters. I want to tell Goodell and the rest of the league, FU.

Me,

'16 4th round pick

'17 pick would be void if he is suspended for violating the the substance policy again

Ya I know he's a great player but he's one mess up from being gone for football for more than a year. That hurts his value a lot.
This is one of the best trade speculation offers I have seen. Fair to both sides while protecting the pats if he bombs out. Win/win especially if he regains that randy moss form everyone hopes he can and leads to another 07 type FU everyone year. I like it, well done

Nothing. I don't want him. Obviously he's hugely talented, but it's a car crash waiting to happen.

After HWSNBN, I've got very little interest in reclaimation projects, especially those with addiction problems. The NFL comes down hard with the ban hammer every time they slip up, and he WILL slip up. Plus it'll be a media circus & a locker-room distraction. No thanks.

Me,

'16 4th round pick

This sounds right to me. If he performs here and stays in the league CLE hauls in some decent picks.

If Gordon plays well here it is well worth the expenditure of draft picks.

Low draft pick for him and that would be all. Randy Moss was traded for a 4th round pick with no issues of being bounced from the NFL.

A bag of Funions

BB have pissed away some Second Round picks on players who were taken waaay before they are slotted.:rolleyes: Use the Second on Gordon its gamble either way...I cannot even begin to imagine this Offense with Gordon.

Bethel Johnson, Brandon Tate, Chad Jackson
Aaron Dobson Josh Boyce.

Tell me more about the huge gamble on trading picks for Gordon.
Because where would this offense be without these Wide Receivers
Oh wait.
Id hire Tebow as a backup quaterback and life coach for Josh Gordon.
But I agree BB needs to speak with him.

I wouldn't give up more than a 5th for him, maybe a 4th but anything higher is just too risky given his history and repeated poor behavior.

Can't afford to miss on our 2nd and 3rd rounder this year with no 1st.. its a shame we can't trade comp picks until 2017

I wouldn't give up more than a 5th for him, maybe a 4th but anything higher is just too risky given his history and repeated poor behavior.

Can't afford to miss on our 2nd and 3rd rounder this year with no 1st.. its a shame we can't trade comp picks until 2017
Makes it a more compelling case to make sure to use free agency and trades for talent.
I do not trust our scouts to sniff drafting a second or third round receiver.
I would trade down aggressively to have more bites at the apple.
Use free agents and trades Gordons value has never been so low to load up Brady and the offense.

Makes it a more compelling case to make sure to use free agency and trades for talent.
I do not trust our scouts to sniff drafting a second or third round receiver.
I would trade down aggressively to have more bites at the apple.
Use free agents and trades Gordons value has never been so low to load up Brady and the offense.

Truer words have been spoken...they could take a WR in the 6th or 7th who could work out just as well.

Easily a 2nd. Guy is so talented and I think being in a better environment will help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents