PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Howe: Amendola Market Heating Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too short/too slow to make another roster I've heard.

His numbers are fairly pedestrian over his time here but his impact on this team has been very strong, with countless clutch catches/plays and a positive team first attitude, even in the face of the some frustrating times.

If he bounces for more money I'll be happy for him, although I would like him to stay and finish out in NE as he has proven IMO to be a great Patriot.

I wonder if it is time for a Patriots FA megathread because we are talking about exactly those news already in the overall FA thread. Seems like it would be nice to have it all in one place..

I know that's the usual MO around here, but in the offseason where there's not much going on, I actually prefer these discussions separated personally. It gets hard to keep following a megathread unless you're constantly checking it, and news sometimes gets lost in the wash.

I agree he should get a bump.

How many times did Bill bump him down? It sure seems like more than once.

He has 2 super bowls. Now he wants to be paid. Probably the last big money contract he’ll ever get.

Pretty much. First season in a while that he's stayed healthy almost all the way through. He should cash in on it. I hope it's with the Pats but, if it's not, I wish him well. He’s done some incredible things for this franchise.

He has 2 super bowls. Now he wants to be paid. Probably the last big money contract he’ll ever get.

Amendola turns 33 at the beginning of next November. What kind of "big money contract" do you imagine he's seeking?

His numbers are fairly pedestrian over his time here but his impact on this team has been very strong, with countless clutch catches/plays and a positive team first attitude, even in the face of the some frustrating times.

If he bounces for more money I'll be happy for him, although I would like him to stay and finish out in NE as he has proven IMO to be a great Patriot.

He played 2017 for $3.2M, $2.8M of that guaranteed. I'm doubtful that "bouncing for more money" is an enormous likelihood.

Tampering

kf8sgXH.gif

I agree he should get a bump.

How many times did Bill bump him down? It sure seems like more than once.

Regardless how many times Amendola's front-line deal may have been changed, he's managed to take home $17.36M over the past five seasons with steady work as a #3/#4 WR right through age 32 (so far). Not to mention five trips to the AFCCG, three trips to the SB and two rings.

DA took one for the team three years in a row, accepting less $ than he could have, or should have gotten. At 32 and a free agent, this is the last time he will have a chance for a big money deal. I hope BB offers him a competitive deal and he stays put. However, if history is any indication, BB will not go into a bidding war for DA's services and, in fact, if he thought the team would be better off without him, he would let DA go to the highest bidder. Dola said it himself, "this is a business". He already has 2 SB rings and it may be time for Dola to think of himself. I know he feels at home with the Pats and would love to stay but, with Edelman probably back at full strength, his reps will go down sharply. Dola has been the ultimate team player since arriving in New England and I just hope he is properly rewarded for his efforts; if not here, then with another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes