PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How would you rate the Jones and Hightower picks?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What grade would you give the picks?

• A

Votes: 180 87.8%
  • B

Votes: 24 11.7%
  • C

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets fans on the Pats picks

I would say the Pats picked two guys with bigger bust potential than the Jets, and they focused on guys who jumped up the boards in the last month. Hope they play like ****.

LOL

Jets fans on the Pats picks

LOL

I'd rather draft someone jumping up boards than falling with a first rounder. Especially when that guy is falling due to questions about effort.

Grade: A

Boosts the front 7, should help with the pass rush, even if the guys play situationally as rookies.

For all the critiques on Jones, there's no way he'd last until 21 if he was some 30+ sack guy in college. He's an upside pick and with his leadership and work ethic, he has potential to blossom. He's an athletic freak from a set of brothers that rival the Gronkowskis in superhuman genetics.

Hightower looks like he could play inside or outside and BB loves those flexible guys. Maybe Hightower's presence will allow the Pats to take the leash of Mayo and let him rush the QB more. I'll be looking for that later in the year as Hightower develops and sees more reps.

Regards,
Chris

My thoughts exactly. The idea of Spikes/Hightower lined up behind Vince to form an impregnable middle is exciting. Not that I think Hightower is good enough to beat out Mayo at ILB, just that moving Mayo outside maximizes their personnel. It seems we'll get a LOT of variations at LB and putting Hightower and Spikes in the middle will greatly enhance whoever is on the outside...especially with both having decent blitz-abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down