PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How will Branch do today

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN: "So let's get this straight: The Patriots weren't satisfied with Randy Moss, decided Vincent Jackson wasn't worth the headache but that Deion Branch is the answer as Wes Welker's new complement? Listen, this isn't 2004. And Branch wasn't all that back then, either."

98 yards, 1 TD.
:rocker:

Yes, ESPN does it again.

Branch belongs here with TFB. And yes, he WAS all that. ALL THAT HE NEEDED TO BE ON THIS TEAM.

He just admitted he messed up a play.

Jesus we trade 4th rounder for someone that can't learn the play book'

Curse you BB the Headcoach

He just admitted he messed up a play.

Jesus we trade 4th rounder for someone that can't learn the play book'

Curse you BB the Headcoach

Did he say which play? The one before OT in the endzone?

Such a waste of a precious fourth rounder. OBVIOUSLY all about nostalgia.

:rofl:

With only 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds in the 2011 draft, why would they use a fourth to way overpay for Branch! Why! Why! Why!

Did he say which play? The one before OT in the endzone?

i think he said the second to last play of regulation the thought tom was switching to a run play so he was blocking instead of running a route

Last edited:
If that is what Moss was, then Branch is Moss minus the ability to outrun people but plus the ability to run any route on the tree precisely and gain seperation via quick cuts out of his breaks and double moves.

There, fixed that for you. Branch is used to winning here the old fashioned way, doing whatever it takes. Both Brady and Welker today in their pressers mentioned mental toughness and continuing to compete. Those comments weren't random or offhanded. Give me the quick guy with no quit in him any day.

There, fixed that for you. Branch is used to Holding Out the old fashioned way, doing whatever it takes. Both Brady and Welker today in their pressers mentioned mental toughness and continuing to compete. Those comments weren't random or offhanded. Give me the quick guy with no quit in him any day.

FTFY

10b char

There, fixed that for you. Branch is used to winning here the old fashioned way, doing whatever it takes. Both Brady and Welker today in their pressers mentioned mental toughness and continuing to compete. Those comments weren't random or offhanded. Give me the quick guy with no quit in him any day.

For much of BB's era that was called the Patriot way. We weren't the most talented team, we weren't the fastest team and we didn't have a lot of high paid superstars. We simply were the team with immense mental toughness, superb preparation and as much heart as you can expect from a team.

It's too soon to declare Branch's addition a step toward the latter direction....but I suspect time will prove it to be so.

so... Maroney at the same price than Branch. Poor McDaniels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes