PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many fans take this team for granted week after week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved Grogan still my favorite. We are spoiled for sure. Winning just a regular season game was like winning the superbowl back in the day. Then came 1985 and we got hot at the right time but we were so over matched in that game I just couldnt see it coming at my young age.

Week after week ? People here talk superbowl matchups after week 1 :)

Just read a game day thread. Whenever there is a play against us there is doom and gloom which progresses to cutting or trading someone and inevitably getting rid of some coaches. I am a little superstitious and think we need them because the more they gripe the better we do, that and I have to sit on my lucky ottoman.

Last year and so far this year have really made me think more than I used to of how fortunate we are. People keep praying and hoping for the Patriots demise. "You won't be anywhere to be found once BB and Brady retire. Your Patriots are going to the basement once they're gone." Maybe, maybe not. But I sure as **** will enjoy it and gloat while I can. I know Jets, Ravens, Colts, Dolphins, etc fans would do the exact same

Just read a game day thread. Whenever there is a play against us there is doom and gloom which progresses to cutting or trading someone and inevitably getting rid of some coaches. I am a little superstitious and think we need them because the more they gripe the better we do, that and I have to sit on my lucky ottoman.
Do yourself a mental health favor and never read a game day thread. I participated once and that was enough for me!
As for me, I was in a panic this morning when I could not locate my lucky Ty Law shirt to wear to tonight's game. Luckily for me and the rest of Patriots nation, I found it :)

I think most fans this year especially are just enjoying the greatness of TB and the way he runs the offense and his patience in the pocket.

* I watched as a meaningless final preseason game ruined a season as three players got hurt and devastated a team ....(mid 70's)

What a sick feeling that was. A Hall of famer and two good starters at key positions. Defense destroyed right before game one

Do yourself a mental health favor and never read a game day thread. I participated once and that was enough for me!
As for me, I was in a panic this morning when I could not locate my lucky Ty Law shirt to wear to tonight's game. Luckily for me and the rest of Patriots nation, I found it :)

I misplaced my lucky sweathshirt for ten years, but then found it last year buried in the back of one of my closets. It was a Browns sweatshirt that I bought in Cleveland at the Pats game in 2000. It has been incredibly lucky.

- My first attended game was at Fenway Park where I watched Babe Parilli lead the Pats.
- I also remember hating the NFL for refusing to give the AFL any credit and loving the Jets and Chiefs for shutting those NFLers up.
- I remember the days that even when we had a decent team, we always seemed to be scoreboard watching and hoping for help that never came from other teams.
- I remember feeling like we were being laughed at.
- I remember Ben Dreith stealing that Raiders game in 76.
- I also vaguely remember a Mosi Tatupu fumble (a pretty rare thing if I remember) late in a game that was a killer. I think it might have been in Denver.
- I remember running into a very pissed off Steve Grogan at the Hilltop Restaurant in Saugus, right after he had been benched. I said hello as we passed each other, but all he could do was mumble.
- I also remember the Brady/Bledsoe Wars. I still call one of my former co-workers a Bledshole for how he acted, even after Brady led them to their first SB victory.

I don't see me taking this team for granted.

Oh, I also remember what a craphole the old place was. The worst experience that I ever had at a game happened there in the late 70's during a lousy Pats/Saints game.

I don't do game day threads anymore, too distracting to watching the game.....plus, I often have to DVR the game due to a conflict with family. I avoid all media, turn off updates etc so I can sit down and watch the game in its entirety. I don't take any team for granted, the few loses we have had, I can remember the play or two that lead to that result. Every game is important, be it for division or conference standing and it escalates the deeper we get into the season. That's the beauty of football......

It will never change...ever

That's pretty universal of every teams game threads everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST