PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Mac Jones Looked in His First Start Compared With Tom Brady

No. Not at all. He looks nothing like Peyton to me. I totally disagree.
He looks like Mac Jones to me. I really cant say who he looks like because he played one game. lol

Oh I thought they were comparing first starts. Yeah but remember that 3rd start? Come from behind greatness.
My bad. I was commenting on TB12s 1st start vs MIA in 01

brady was 20-5 as a starter in college and won two bowl games. According to belichick in his Book Brady looked better than all the QB's pretty early on in his first year. Again Mac was taken number 15, he was not competing with a 100 mil dollar QB. Mac was going to have the job. Brady had to prove what he was. The reasons why players are drafted where they are have nothing to do with what they are. There has been number 1 overall QB picks that didnt even make it a year. You watched one game of Mac in the pro's and the team lost and they couldnt even score 20 points. Let him actually have a few games before you start comparing him to hall of famers.

Mac Jones had the best college season (arguably) ever and won a national championship. Brady couldn't even beat out Drew Henson for a while at Michigan. And again, Brady was the FOURTH string QB in 2000, which was his first year in the pros. Mac is the starter his first year. No one is comparing Mac's one game in the NFL to Brady's corpus of work over 20 years. All this thread is doing is comparing their first games as the starter. It's for fun. Lighten up.

Last edited:
Joe Burrow had the best season of college football as a QB ever and I don’t think it’s even close.

Joe Burrow had the best season of college football as a QB ever and I don’t think it’s even close.

im not a big college football guy, but some analysts are saying it was Mac last year.

im not a big college football guy, but some analysts are saying it was Mac last year.

No question he was the best QB last season. But the year before Joe Burrow threw nearly 20 more TDs and 1000 more yards in just 2 more games.

Really? Let Mac be Mac. Even Belichick on the radio a week ago mentioned how the system is so much evolved since Brady’s first years and it’s not a fair comparison to make.

Back in 2001 they played tougher football. Today's game, defense can't do jack without a flag thrown their way. Different game, different times. Lets not forget Brady went on a insane streak without throwing a pick.

Back in 2001 they played tougher football. Today's game, defense can't do jack without a flag thrown their way. Different game, different times. Lets not forget Brady went on a insane streak without throwing a pick.

Brady in his second year as a starter (2002) led the league in TDs. He was never just a game manager.

Can’t compare the two. Two different eras.

brady was 20-5 as a starter in college and won two bowl games. According to belichick in his Book Brady looked better than all the QB's pretty early on in his first year. Again Mac was taken number 15, he was not competing with a 100 mil dollar QB. Mac was going to have the job. Brady had to prove what he was. The reasons why players are drafted where they are have nothing to do with what they are. There has been number 1 overall QB picks that didnt even make it a year. You watched one game of Mac in the pro's and the team lost and they couldnt even score 20 points. Let him actually have a few games before you start comparing him to hall of famers.
Mac10 is a Brady hating troll. Don't waste your time.

Oh, and he lives in the most powerful city of the planet.

3 pages in and I'm more livid than I was yesterday....(what were we talking about?)

Did someone say Brady? Ok why isn't this thread in the Tom Brady forum?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back