PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How is Mr Kraft feeling about BB, will this be BB's Last yr

Status
Not open for further replies.
bishbash said:
Reporting live from anywhere 60 miles outside of Boston, this just in. There seems to be NO known reports of this incident to be found in any newspapers or news websites. Apparently this "hugely calamatous event" is only occuring within the pages of one Boston "rag". Stay tuned for updates.

That's what I was going to say. The Herald, not even the Globe, is the only thing picking up on this. Besides a brief mention on PFT, no national networks are talking about it. We all know the Boston media hates the Patriots, so it's really nothing different than usual. Stuff like this happens in divorces all the time, and the named party is more often than not innocent (and should remain so, you know, until proven guilty). I'm sure many people on here have heard stories very similar to this.

If the Patriots did not bring back BB after this year because of a stupid little incident like this which may or may not have a basis in fact, it would be ridiculous. He is one of the best coaches of all time, and, as long as he wins Super Bowls, I don't care if he has a cocaine addiction he feeds through gambling and pimping.

Last edited:
Kdo5 said:
Yeah and pretty much no major site has said anything about it, why? Because nobody cares. The only place I have seen it from is the Boston herald, I dont even think thebostonchannel.com posted anything about it. People must not think too much about this. All I know is that he possibly lent the girl money. I didnt even bother to read what else, I believe the rest is just a bunch of claims by a husband. Problably a disgruntled husband looking to drag down his reputation for something minor.

You overreacted far too quickly on this and your still overreacting. As far as now, I dont see any major attention this is drawing.

The New York Post had a full page on it, including photos of BB and his wife, and of the "other woman." Of course, the Post subscribes to the same editorial philosophy as the Herald of oversensationalizing "tawdry" stories. Like it or not the story has legs.

Bill's Girl said:
This has been my point all along about Bob Kraft and what this does to the image of the Patriots.......a point that I am getting killed for on the other thread! If you think about the faces of the franchise, you think Bob Kraft, BB and Tommy. I am sure the last thing BK wants is the BAD press this is generating. Jokes and rumors about the Lisa Olsen sexual harassment case were only laid to rest thanks to the SB wins. That was a black mark against the Patriots and this situation could turn into something similar.

You're comparing this to Zeke Mowatt?!!

You need to take a pill.

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
The New York Post had a full page on it, including photos of BB and his wife, and of the "other woman." Of course, the Post subscribes to the same editorial philosophy as the Herald of oversensationalizing "tawdry" stories. Like it or not the story has legs.

The Post is virtually the same paper as the Herald. Both Murdoch slime sheets.

Stories that "have legs" show up in more than the post and the San Jose Mercury news.

Last edited:
Bill's Girl said:
This has been my point all along about Bob Kraft and what this does to the image of the Patriots.......a point that I am getting killed for on the other thread! If you think about the faces of the franchise, you think Bob Kraft, BB and Tommy. I am sure the last thing BK wants is the BAD press this is generating. Jokes and rumors about the Lisa Olsen sexual harassment case were only laid to rest thanks to the SB wins. That was a black mark against the Patriots and this situation could turn into something similar.

BK like fannies in the seats...if he is dumb enough to let BB walk there are ALOT of teams that will hire in a minute.

BB has rebuilt this team and he could do it some place else. If that happens it will only a few short years before the Pats are back to the Kiam era Pats....

Tunescribe said:
Yes my friend, but thats New York. New York and Boston media both are bound to hate the Patriots. They are biased towards any Boston sports team and its no secret.

Bob Craft, getting rid of Bellichick, breaking the Brady & Bellichick duo, is the stupidest possible thing he could do. And he'd be under major fire from just about every Patriots fan out there, as it would make no sense, wont happen.

Brady-To-Branch said:

God forbid you post a opinion on a franchise, that before bob kraft , Bledsoe, Belichick and Brady that was the laughing stock of the leauge... Does it really matter about the seaon?? of course not, but I guess all the bandwagon fans will never get what it was to be a long suffering pats fans went thru.. It was just food for thought, nothing more..

Sean Pa Patriot said:
God forbid you post a opinion on a franchise, that before bob kraft , Bledsoe, Belichick and Brady that was the laughing stock of the leauge... Does it really matter about the seaon?? of course not, but I guess all the bandwagon fans will never get what it was to be a long suffering pats fans went thru.. It was just food for thought, nothing more..
Dude, this is so weird b/c you're not making any sense. It's not the fact that you posted an opinion, b/c it wasn't one. It was a thought. And no one is disagreeing with your right to have thoughts. However, people here are saying that your proposed thought is unlikely.

Being a bandwagon fan or a long time fan doesn't make a difference here. It's just common sense from what we've all seen from the franchise in the past 5 years.

Both of your posts have been really odd and don't seem like you from what I've seen around the board.

Sean Pa Patriot said:

You're taking that whole "Patriot Perception" thing to an extreme.

Kraft parting ways with BELICHICK, who has brought the success we know and love to this franchise?

pats1 said:
You're taking that whole "Patriot Perception" thing to an extreme.

Kraft parting ways with BELICHICK, who has brought the success we know and love to this franchise?

Im not saying that Kraft would part ways with Belichick, that would never in a million yrs happen. My thought is , Belichick's personal life is more in the spot light the past 2 yrs, than before. Plus it is his last yr on the contract, I say he may CONSIDER walking away... It was just a thought.

From what you originally posted, what I got out of it was that you tought Bob Craft might be worrying about his franchise because of a minor thing that isnt even proven to be 100% true yet.

I think BB quits at the end of the season. He doesn't need this BS from the press.

BB is going to be here for a long long LONG time. He has done way more good in his life than anything the tabloid can bring up. Plus, we dont even the full story about this. Once again, its the ex-husband making accusations. Mr.Kraft if anything is gonna stand even more in BB's corner, just like most of us here.

Sean Pa Patriot said:

First, I've been a Patriots fan since 1970. So, you can dump the bandwagon stuff.

And, I've posted dumb threads but this one is just stupid and there is a difference. This thread sounds like what Red Sox fans would be doing.

If you think for one second that Kraft feels that this BB has brought shame to the organization, you are nuts.

I've made light of this because it is, to me, a non-issue regardless if it's true or false. It will not distract BB from doing his job. And, I believe, he will sign a new long term contract as Patriots coach.

Maybe BB was trying to figure out a new way to play the Cover 2.

That is how seriously I take this, as a true Patriots fan.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
I wonder what Mr Kraft is thinking, with all this bad press that the Coach is recieving , I know its not like he shot or killed someone, but Coach Belichick is , along with Tom Brady the face of the Patriots. When Belichick gets bad press, he is giving the pats bad press.. I think with the press about Belichick's personal life, his father passing away , plus isnt this Belichick's last yr on his deal? This is could be Belichick's last yr.. espically winning the super bowl would almost cement his legacy for ever, not that it is already. Belichick is a pretty quiet man, he may be fed up with all this bad press.. But my point is Mr Kraft is concerned with the Pats image, does anyone else think this irk's him?? Because Mr Kraft is concerned with how the team is percieved.. T

What bad press? You talking about the tabloid garbage? Also, BB had his deal extened through the 2008 season.

Sean Pa Patriot said:

Sean -
Its not food for thought. Its garbage. You offer up no facts. You also seem to be out of the loop on BB's contract status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents