PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do you turn off annoying popup on lower right of screen?

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm running Chrome and this little box appears every time somebody posts anything. It's distracting. Is it new to PF.com or is it a new setting on my browser. Help appreciated.

Yes, same question. Sometimes it flickers back and forth, too....would love option to turn it off permanently.

Damn there it is again......:mad:

:scream: ... :steamed:
AB014D4A-E7F2-99DF-32520DB62378CE94_1.gif
... :steamed: :scream:

Last edited:
It only slides out when you're at the bottom of the screen. I tried to go with something a little more discrete than the annoying Wibya bar, and it just slides out and lists the five most recent entries from PatsFans.com. If you're reading a thread it should only come out if you go beyond the bottom post.

It only slides out when you're at the bottom of the screen. I tried to go with something a little more discrete than the annoying Wibya bar, and it just slides out and lists the five most recent entries from PatsFans.com. If you're reading a thread it should only come out if you go beyond the bottom post.

Okay then ... yes the trick works ... thanks Doc.

I'm running Chrome and this little box appears every time somebody posts anything. It's distracting. Is it new to PF.com or is it a new setting on my browser. Help appreciated.

I've got a couple of blocking programs on some of my computers, so that keeps it from showing up. On computers without those programs, you're basically stuck dealing with that thing, which is a real pain in the butt when you want to reply to posts or exit the thread.

I've got a couple of blocking programs on some of my computers, so that keeps it from showing up. On computers without those programs, you're basically stuck dealing with that thing, which is a real pain in the butt when you want to reply to posts or exit the thread.

I'll lower the tag and see if that makes things easier so that you have to scroll further before it shows up. Hopefully that will keep it out of the way until people have finished reading the thread.

Just moved it down below the reply box, and after replying it doesn't appear unless you scroll down further. Hopefully that fixes it :)

Just moved it down below the reply box, and after replying it doesn't appear unless you scroll down further. Hopefully that fixes it :)

Ian, I hate to bother you, but I've had something turn up and I'm wondering if it's my computer or a change you've made. Suddenly, the text font seems larger and even a normal thread is too wide for my display. Were you tweaking parameters?

Ian, I hate to bother you, but I've had something turn up and I'm wondering if it's my computer or a change you've made. Suddenly, the text font seems larger and even a normal thread is too wide for my display. Were you tweaking parameters?

Interesting. I haven't touched anything since yesterday - what browser are you seeing this in (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari [Apple], FireFox)? Let me know and I'll try and troubleshoot it.

Interesting. I haven't touched anything since yesterday - what browser are you seeing this in (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari [Apple], FireFox)? Let me know and I'll try and troubleshoot it.

It's on Firefox, and thanks.

I'm actually replying from it and it's rendering fine from here. Do you have an add on set up that could be disabling something? Wondering if maybe a stylesheet isn't rendering the font size accurately, or did you potentially accidentally zoom in?

I'm actually replying from it and it's rendering fine from here. Do you have an add on set up that could be disabling something? Wondering if maybe a stylesheet isn't rendering the font size accurately, or did you potentially accidentally zoom in?

Thanks for checking. It's probably something on my end. I probably had some update change a setting, or something.

Thanks for checking. It's probably something on my end. I probably had some update change a setting, or something.

No worries. Let me know how you make out, and in the meantime if you could post a screenshot that might help me troubleshoot it too.

No worries. Let me know how you make out, and in the meantime if you could post a screenshot that might help me troubleshoot it too.

I'd post the screenshot, but I've already fixed the problem. Once you said yours was looking fine and that you hadn't made any changes, I went looking back at all recent changes on my system. An update wasn't playing friendly with about 3 sites and 2 functions (new tabs were suddenly going to yahoo, the set home page was changed without my input). I uninstalled, reinstalled and cleared everything, and everything is back to normal.

Thanks again for checking on your end.

I'd post the screenshot, but I've already fixed the problem. Once you said yours was looking fine and that you hadn't made any changes, I went looking back at all recent changes on my system. An update wasn't playing friendly with about 3 sites and 2 functions (new tabs were suddenly going to yahoo, the set home page was changed without my input). I uninstalled, reinstalled and cleared everything, and everything is back to normal.

Thanks again for checking on your end.

Not a problem, glad it's working :cool:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes