PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How about Ryan Anderson?

FlutieFlakes

Rookie
Reaction score
Anderson seems like he would be a perfect fit. He's from an elite program that BB likes drafting from. He would immediately fill a need as an edge rusher who can play a lot if not even start on day one. And he seems to be a kid who is getting better and better, and has not gotten even close to his full potential.

he should be there at 32 unless someone reaches. he may even stick around into the 2nd if we deal 32 for a 2nd and something else.

thoughts?

Big reach in the first round. He likely's a 3rd rounder. I prefer t.j watt or tyus bowser.

Good thread but probably belongs in the draft forum.

Anderson seems like he would be a perfect fit. He's from an elite program that BB likes drafting from. He would immediately fill a need as an edge rusher who can play a lot if not even start on day one. And he seems to be a kid who is getting better and better, and has not gotten even close to his full potential.

he should be there at 32 unless someone reaches. he may even stick around into the 2nd if we deal 32 for a 2nd and something else.

thoughts?

I would take him over Tim Williams but if they get a high pick for Garrapolo then Rueben Foster would be right near the top of my list. He's going to start from day one and he could very well be the most impactful rookie in this class. As far as replacing Hightower goes he's the best option.

Big reach in the first round. He likely's a 3rd rounder. I prefer t.j watt or tyus bowser.

Jeremiah (or maybe Bucky ?) mocked him recently at 32 to the Pats. Curious how the true board slowly takes shape after the combine and where he is now.

I would take him over Tim Williams but if they get a high pick for Garrapolo then Rueben Foster would be right near the top of my list. He's going to start from day one and he could very well be the most impactful rookie in this class. As far as replacing Hightower goes he's the best option.
Dream scenario: Jimmy gets us #12 and a day 2 pick. #12 gets us Reuben Foster, day 2 we get Ryan Anderson. We resign Dont'a who spends more time on the edge opposite Anderson, Foster takes over the middle, Roll Tide..

He's my overall binky in this draft. I was pretty dissapointed that he didn't run that well in the 40 at the combine. But I thought he looked very smooth in the drills.

Plus, he's supposed to be fantastic from an intangibles standpoint.

Tim Williams-Weapons conviction and multiple failed drug tests. I can't see him falling to a place the Pats felt comfortable taking him (late 2nd ?).

Reuben Foster-Used to be my #1 binky but got into a shouting match with a hospital worker and was kicked out the combine. Reportedly dropped that old favorite "Do you know who I am!?" to the hospital worker. On one hand, I can't see BB putting up with that kind of diva-ish behavior. If he couldn't be on his best behavior at the combine...? On the other hand: If there's a locker room in the league that can cure attitudes, it's in Foxboro.

I thought Williams looked slight and nowhere near billed in terms of explosiveness. I don't want him. The defensive backs were off the charts at the combine, I could see taking 3 in the draft alone.

I love Ryan Anderson, he's my favorite player in the draft (with Desmond King) and a perfect fit for the Pats. He isn't going to bend around the edge like Von Miller, but he fits the mold of more physical OLB's like James Harrison and Terrell Suggs. He plays with good strength, violent hands and excellent technique to play the run and get after the QB. You watch any Alabama game from last season and you will see Anderson making big play after big play.

I wouldn't hesitate to take him at 32 because I have no doubt he is a 1st round player. He might not have the upside of some of the other guys but he is the safest edge player in this draft. I think he would be the perfect long term Ninkovich replacement. Not flashy but a solid, dependable and versatile guy that can play on his feet or with his hand in the dirt.

Beyond just his skills and production on the field, Anderson is a perfect fit off it. At the combine they were talking about Jonathan Allen being the alpha of the Alabama defense, but it was Ryan Anderson and Eddie Jackson that were the undoubted leaders. They are the guys that set the high expectations and kept everyone else accountable. Anderson is a guy that is never satisfied and always looking to improve which is what set the standards for how the team practiced and played.

Holly Rowe‏ @sportsiren
Interesting nugget @AlabamaFTBL Ryan Anderson told me today. This was his 540th practice. And he has never missed one. That is impressive.

These are a few quotes after a 38-10 win against Western Kentucky

"It seemed like we just took a loss," Anderson said. "A lot of people are disappointed, embarrassed how we performed as a team. We all feel like we let each other down, let our fans down."

"You're capable of losing to anybody," Anderson said. "We're not playing just to win. Teams I've played on that practiced and did enough to win, they didn't accomplish nothing."

Where are Alabama's leaders? Look no further than Eddie Jackson and Ryan Anderson

He does have a misdemeanor domestic violent arrest but there was no physical violence involved and it doesn't seem anything serious. After getting into an argument with a female student, she keyed and damaged his car and he responded by kicking hers. It's obviously not a good thing but it seems more a kid making a stupid mistake than anything that would effect his draft stock.

He does have a misdemeanor domestic violent arrest but there was no physical violence involved and it doesn't seem anything serious. After getting into an argument with a female student, she keyed and damaged his car and he responded by kicking hers. It's obviously not a good thing but it seems more a kid making a stupid mistake than anything that would effect his draft stock.

I don't even understand how this falls under the domestic violence label.

Kicking a car ?

I haven't seen his agility numbers yet, but if they're as unimpressive as the rest of his combine, then I would not even begin to consider him until the end of the 3rd round, at the earliest. There are so many players better than him at positions of need that it's not funny.

I haven't seen his agility numbers yet, but if they're as unimpressive as the rest of his combine, then I would not even begin to consider him until the end of the 3rd round, at the earliest. There are so many players better than him at positions of need that it's not funny.
He might not have wow'd like a lot of other guys at the combine but I thought his numbers were fine. Have you watched his film and don't like that either? To me he looks like a football player, a more athletic prime Ninkovich. Is that worth a late 2nd? I think yes but guess it depends on who else is available, what happens in FA, etc. I like his game a lot

I absolutely want bb to grab Anderson at#64.

I don't even understand how this falls under the domestic violence label.

Kicking a car ?

I don't either, it makes it sound much worse than it really is. Maybe because of the verbal argument?

According to the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's arrest database, the rising junior and Sierra Patterson, 20, were arrested on misdemeanor third-degree domestic violence, criminal mischief. Bond was set at $500.

Alabama LB Ryan Anderson, female UA student arrested for domestic violence involving property damage

He might not have wow'd like a lot of other guys at the combine but I thought his numbers were fine. Have you watched his film and don't like that either? To me he looks like a football player, a more athletic prime Ninkovich. Is that worth a late 2nd? I think yes but guess it depends on who else is available, what happens in FA, etc. I like his game a lot
I think that some - not all - of his production was the reuslt of the overall talent on Alabama's defense; I'm also not a big fan of Alabama players in general, because they enter the league already maxed-out and burnt-out, having to sometimes play through injuries out of fear of losing their jobs to underclassmen.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back